Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

BiaxialObject48

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2016
Hi, just popping back to ask another question.

On page 29, there is an image showing the EKWB Predator 240 installed in the Cerberus (non-X). I am planning an SLI build with water-cooling, and the expandable nature of the Predator should come in handy.

I want to install two liquid-cooled Titan X (Pascal) cards on the EVGA X99 Micro2 motherboard, powered by an ATX PSU. If this AIO works, I will probably also install a 140mm radiator on the bottom (most likely a slim one) for enough heat dissipation.

If the AIO won't work, where do you suggest installing a pump/reservoir combo, preferably inside the case?

If you want to see an actual parts list for the electronics, I made one here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b4ctLD

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The Titan X's won't fit with the Predator in front, the case isn't deep enough.

There's not many places you can fit a normal reservoir, if the ATX power supply isn't too long then on the side bracket between the PSU and the front rad/fan is about the only place for it to go.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, PM me your email if you want to be added to the list along with whether you want a Cerberus or Cerberus-X.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
On the rear, sure. The rad isn't pushed up against the rear frame because the hinges are in the way.

It can't mount to the front unless you get creative because the bracket is only for SFX/SFX-L, not ATX.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hello,

I would like to ask you three questions please:

1. Are there any photos of how Cerberus would look with all cables installed? I mean all HDDs connected, 24+4/8pins attached, front IO etc.? I was thinking how to cable manage all cables that would be there with this small room for cable management. My idea was to put something to the PSU-L (in front) and somehow stick zip tied cables to its back. (so the bulk would be above the 24pin). Is that possible?
  2. I found out here that are two versions of Cerberus but did not quite catch what is the difference (i am novice in PC building :) ). Which one is?
  3. Can I put micro itx board into Cerberus on the picture above? I see that mounting holes are there but again, somewhere on this forum was mentioned you can not.
Thanks!

clean003

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2016
Happy New Year! What's the difference between Cerberus and Cerberus-X? Will the case still ship in the middle of this month?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Are there any photos of how Cerberus would look with all cables installed?

Probably the Newegg overview has the most cables hooked up: https://unlocked.newegg.com/kimera-cerberus-review-smallest-sli-vr-ready-case-in-the-world

My idea was to put something to the PSU-L (in front) and somehow stick zip tied cables to its back. (so the bulk would be above the 24pin). Is that possible?

You could do that with those stick-on cable tie points.

I found out here that are two versions of Cerberus but did not quite catch what is the difference

Cerberus is the normal 5-slot microATX version. Cerberus-X is extended in height to 8-slots to fit ATX motherboards.

Can I put micro itx board into Cerberus on the picture above? I see that mounting holes are there but again, somewhere on this forum was mentioned you can not.

The standoffs are not removeable though so using a microATX motherboard in Cerberus-X is less than ideal because the bottom two standoff positions will be missing.

But Mini-ITX does not have that problem, so either Cerberus or Cerberus-X can take Mini-ITX.

Will the case still ship in the middle of this month?

The manufacturer had to do an inventory audit this week so shipping has been pushed back to late this month.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Probably the Newegg overview has the most cables hooked up: https://unlocked.newegg.com/kimera-cerberus-review-smallest-sli-vr-ready-case-in-the-world

You could do that with those stick-on cable tie points.

Cerberus is the normal 5-slot microATX version. Cerberus-X is extended in height to 8-slots to fit ATX motherboards.

The standoffs are not removeable though so using a microATX motherboard in Cerberus-X is less than ideal because the bottom two standoff positions will be missing.

But Mini-ITX does not have that problem, so either Cerberus or Cerberus-X can take Mini-ITX.

The manufacturer had to do an inventory audit this week so shipping has been pushed back to late this month.

I ment mini-itx :) So it would be all good, thanks!

BTW could you tell me what is the distance between mobo tray to the 3,5 hdd shelf installed on bottom? I am designing custom pcb these days and I would like use it in Cerberus (when it will be available :) ) so my idea was to put it on these two unused mobo standoffs.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What the specs between the two cases? Do you have any pictures with the case side by side?

Basically identical specs other than the height increase and the repositioned standoffs for ATX:

BTW could you tell me what is the distance between mobo tray to the 3,5 hdd shelf installed on bottom?

The 3.5" bracket is optional, it's not part of the frame.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Basically identical specs other than the height increase and the repositioned standoffs for ATX:

The 3.5" bracket is optional, it's not part of the frame.

I know and I plan to use it (two 3,5 drives on the bottom rear, under the GPU). And since when using mini itx mobo, there are two standoffs unused right next to this 3,5 shelf. And when i put custm pcb on these standoofs i am limited by the space between mobo tray and the shelf itself.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ok, I understand now:

Here are the dimensions with the 3.5" bracket mounted as far from the motherboard tray as possible.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Reactions: NRG