Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah right. Well, there's plenty of vent holes so you could definitely just rotate the drive and slide it around until enough holes lined up to attach it securely.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
One question about cerberus-X : if there is a 240WC radiator on bottom, is it possible to put an sfx or sfx-l on front panel please?

I'm still hesitating between noctua C14S with intake on side and AIO on front panel as intake

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
And radiator mounted to the bottom of the case should not interfere with a front-mounted SFX-L PSU.

If you mean an AIO mounted to the bottom half of the front panel, then on Cerberus-X it still shouldn't be a problem because there's plenty of height, as long as the AIO doesn't interfere with the video card.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Personally i'm planning to use 2*140 noctua ppc on bottom and, most probably, noctua c14s with dual 140 noctua 140 ppc...:) With that config, I'm not planning to use fan on front panel or at the rear..:) i'll'see..:)

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Personally i'm planning to use 2*140 noctua ppc on bottom and, most probably, noctua c14s with dual 140 noctua 140 ppc...:) With that config, I'm not planning to use fan on front panel or at the rear..:) i'll'see..:)

We might end up with visually similar set-ups from what I've read - just matx and atx. :p
I'm using the AsRock z270m extreme4 matx motherboard, and I think I'll mount a 140 mm fan to the front to get some more air moving through the pcie-express slots and over the bottom m2 slot. The bottom fans will be pwm-controlled by the graphics card so I expect them to spin quite slowly in situations where the M2 is used.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
We will see. Personnally I think i will go on am4 platform, if ryzen is as promising as first results..:)
White and black or black and red theme..:)
Target is to have a pretty clean setup.

Last point to study will be dust filters.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Last point to study will be dust filters.

The frame and brackets are steel so Demciflex filters will attach without the extra magnet option to all the vents except the top.

unless we have the option to buy them unpainted

General production will probably have an uncoated panel option because offering custom colors is going to be too difficult logistically.

Reactions: Phuncz

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
The frame and brackets are steel so Demciflex filters will attach without the extra magnet option to all the vents except the top.
I love you for that, for some reason I thought you went with an aluminium frame too.
We will see. Personnally I think i will go on am4 platform, if ryzen is as promising as first results..:)
White and black or black and red theme..:)
Target is to have a pretty clean setup.
Lets hope they are, you will certainly have more boards to chose from with the atx form factor.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
That's exactly why i went for cerberus-x...with atx form factor, it has the best choice of motherboard and cpu socket..:)

Reactions: Kwirek

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
in fact, I even thought that Cerberus-ATX as ATX SFF is more interesting than Cerberus with micro ATX..:D

And Kimera could count on me to make a complete review of my Cerberus-X..:D I'll do my best to make a beautiful and clean setup..:D

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I love you for that, for some reason I thought you went with an aluminium frame too.

We had considered it at one point but ended up sticking with steel for the frame. The exterior panels are aluminum though.

Reactions: Kwirek

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

There's room but it's a tight fit for the connectors.

Looks fine to me. Delock got you covered for power and data:

Those cables seem to add about 8mm to the depth of the HDD.