Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Quick question - just realized, is it possible to mount 240 radiator on the side bracket (do not know proper world in english - that metal thing on the side that can be closed / opened :D)? Will that interfere with PSU when I use something like this (with both fans of course)?

EDIT: Just checked main Cerberus page. So only bottom/front? :(

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Side bracket is correct. A 240mm rad will not fit on the side because it will interfere with the power supply.

Suryc

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2015
Is there any way I can get/buy the drawings and build this myself? I have access to a machine shop and powder coating equipment.

Suryc

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2015
No worries, I was pretty sure it was impossible. I'm just really excited to start building with this :)

Is there a chance this will end up not happening? Not that I'm doubting you guys - I really want to see this happen and it's quite an inspiration, however 21 months since the first prototype is a long time to still have no ETA and I know from experience that the will to continue with a project like this can diminish, especially if one of the two founders is really busy with a new job.

Reactions: wusiji_doctor

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Ahh, dangit. Might take the hit for the prototype run then. Gonna have to look for places to sell my current setup to offset

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Just when I was ready to start my dry run, the KL06 disappears from the internet and rumors of Pascal Refresh start flying around.

This is literally the worst hobby sometimes.

Reactions: Commissariat

Minno

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2016
I'm pretty confident we have more than enough interest for a prototype run. Full production is perhaps slightly questionable since the microATX motherboard form factor has stagnated.

Do you think you'll have a better idea of whether or not the production run will work out before prototype orders close?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
This is literally the worst hobby sometimes.

At least it isn't cars, I can't imagine the feeling of sinking thousands of dollars into a project car and then totaling it a week later.

Do you think you'll have a better idea of whether or not the production run will work out before prototype orders close?

We probably won't be any more sure before orders close for the prototypes, but to be clear, we're still pretty sure that there will be a normal production run.

It's just that the mATX mobo market is so stagnant that I don't think it's 100% anymore, more like 90%.

Reactions: wusiji_doctor

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It came up a while ago. We're toying with the idea of a Cerberus-X, a taller version of Cerberus with 3 additional expansion slots.

Everything else is basically the same: PSU mounting, carry handle option, etc.

One problem with it is that there isn't room for threaded standoffs so they're fixed standoffs, which means microATX boards aren't correctly supported in Cerberus-X, the bottom two standoff positions will be missing.