Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
It's been another few weeks since the coupon expired, what's happening with NewEgg?

Same as delays with the other cases I was developing - we had large existing customers buy out all our production capacity well past end of year. We're running 24/7 right now, I am at the limit of what we can do until new equipment is in budget.

Also, coupon code!!

BLACKFRIDAY

Is active now until 11/30 for 15% off Cerberus and Cerberus X.

15% off also applies to all part orders such as panels / brackets / accessories for anyone that is changing up their build, or replacing parts.

urdmiz

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2017

Updated my Build, Need a dust filter for the front, going to get a longer CPU PW cable to route it along the edge of the case.

i5 - 9600k
ASUS TUF Z390m-Pro
Cryorig H7
32GB 2666Mhz Corsair LPX RAM
ASUS 1070ti

Perfect for gaming and all my needs.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Definitely fellas. With the vented panel I have now I get good results with the psu breathing fresh air. Flip and fan up top it is when running the windowed panel.

Thanks for the suggestions :thumb:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
2nd this, flip the PSU around so fan is toward motherboard, and possibly get a top mount exhaust fan.

Definitely fellas. With the vented panel I have now I get good results with the psu breathing fresh air. Flip and fan up top it is when running the windowed panel.

Thanks for the suggestions :thumb:
Interested to see final thermal & noise results..;)

Reactions: fabio

snortwhiskey

Case Bender
Jan 15, 2018
sup guys, built this pc in January and have been slowing polishing it up. Temps have greatly improved since Ive flipped the case. I added fans in the front to further reduce the temperatures while the side panel is on. Still have a couple little things to finish up like getting a custom window made, but for the most part the case is done

if anybody wants to view the progress pictures from over the year, I have more pictures linked below
https://imgur.com/user/stevenhe

snortwhiskey

Case Bender
Jan 15, 2018
There are a few screw holes that no longer line up, but the important pieces bolt right back up. Had to dremel out a couple spots to get the case to fit right. Also, the front panel did have a larger gap between the top panel. But I was able to solve this by using double stick tape on the top panel

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

jdcook

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2018
I just used the "blackfriday" code to get myself the chrome feet I didn't order before. In 5 more weeks I will be back in America for an Xmas visit and will pick up this beauty. I cannot wait! My build will be a dead simple air cooled one as I have neither the skills nor the patience for the beautiful custom loops that people have shown. I love the look of those setups (!) but I know I'd never see it through.

My only problem now is deciding what to do about a video card! Was tempted by a deal on a Vega 64 but realised it draws way too much power. Something will click I'm sure.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I just used the "blackfriday" code to get myself the chrome feet I didn't order before. In 5 more weeks I will be back in America for an Xmas visit and will pick up this beauty. I cannot wait! My build will be a dead simple air cooled one as I have neither the skills nor the patience for the beautiful custom loops that people have shown. I love the look of those setups (!) but I know I'd never see it through.

My only problem now is deciding what to do about a video card! Was tempted by a deal on a Vega 64 but realised it draws way too much power. Something will click I'm sure.
Welcome to the club!

About Vega 64, there are some beefy aircooled version...after it's « not » the most efficient gpu on the market..;)

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I’ve never been a big fan of most air filters. All the ones I’ve used felt like they were too restrictive and caused air recirculating inside my case. I just clean my rig every couple months with some canned air. Of course, I don’t have pets that lay on my case either :p !!!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016

Personally a huge fan of the Vega 64. However it really needs tweaking for maximum efficiency.

If you have a Vega 64 budget and power and ease of use are a concern —- 1070ti or 1080.

The Corsair SF450 can push those and a decent CPU.