Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Haha, I can appreciate that. :) Was more interested in what type of store / trade you're taking yours to. I've seen some online tutorials that use a diamond blade on a Dremel, not sure I want to do that...
Yeah, if I had One place with that tools here I was happy to try it by myself first!
Anyway, the person that I've contacted is a "PC custom" guy that does custom cases and projects for clients. My supplier for fittings and water cooling stuff provide me his contact.

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Yeah, if I had One place with that tools here I was happy to try it by myself first!
Anyway, the person that I've contacted is a "PC custom" guy that does custom cases and projects for clients. My supplier for fittings and water cooling stuff provide me his contact.

Thanks. One more question, how much clearance do you have between your radiator and the RAM behind it?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The ram is not behind the radiator, But behind the pump/reservoir. I can say, 12mm using the LPX from Corsair?

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
I'll be using the same Heatkiller IV Pro CPU waterblock and EVGA Hydro Copper waterblock, so far it looks like the GPU block will fit with a handful of mm to spare. Waiting for a missing bracket before putting the block on my 1080 Ti then I'll get some more pictures. (Also, grab that HC-5599-B1 quick if you can find it, I was lucky to get one on eBay for < $100).

Thank you for this btw, picked one up new on ebay for $95 this morning.

nsiderTalon

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2018
Well, that rules out the G.Skill memory I was looking at. :)
It might depend. @fabio is using an E-ATX motherboard IIRC. And in my loop I'm not planning for a tube to go between RAM and res. I'm currently using G.Skill Flare X RAM (40mm tall), I'm hoping that Trident Z (44mm tall) will fit as well.

(I also may be overly optimistic about the size of this Heatkiller Tube D5. I'll know much more about placement when it arrives.)

Last edited:

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
It might depend. @fabio is using an E-ATX motherboard IIRC. And in my loop I'm not planning for a tube to go between RAM and res. I'm currently using G.Skill Flare X RAM (40mm tall), I'm hoping that Trident Z (44mm tall) will fit as well.

OK. How are you accounting for the fittings coming off of the pump/res and the ATX PSU? Is that taken care of by keeping the res full length and putting the gfx card in a lower slot?

nsiderTalon

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2018
OK. How are you accounting for the fittings coming off of the pump/res and the ATX PSU? Is that taken care of by keeping the res full length and putting the gfx card in a lower slot?
Yeah, I'm planning for the fittings to remain in the same orientation as @fabio's, but for the whole res/pump to hang lower. The in/out ports should be hovering over the PCI-E slots at this point, probably below the Intel Optane drive you see in the top slot of my pictures.

(And if that orientation of the res doesn't work, I can always rotate it so that the in/out ports are facing the motherboard or the side window).

Reactions: fabio

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Alright well started purchasing components, ended up going with the ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate motherboard, G.Skill TridentZ memory, HeatKiller IV Pro, 2x GTS x-Flow rads w/ the noctua fans, HeatKiller 100mm with d5 res/pump, barrow fittings and primoflex adv lrt tubing.

Case comes tomorrow, CPU will probably be in January haha.

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
If I know what you need for your diagrams I can help, but I don't understand the criteria to choose the radiator!
oh there isn't any criteria yet. just going for rads that people have brought up in the past to ask if they fit

... yeah, popularity I guess? ,_,

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
oh there isn't any criteria yet. just going for rads that people have brought up in the past to ask if they fit

... yeah, popularity I guess? ,_,
Ahahah, no no, was just to understand how to help you! Hell, there is the Hardware Labs GTS Nemesis of course!

And my XSPC TX Thin

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Alright well started purchasing components, ended up going with the ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate motherboard, G.Skill TridentZ memory, HeatKiller IV Pro, 2x GTS x-Flow rads w/ the noctua fans, HeatKiller 100mm with d5 res/pump, barrow fittings and primoflex adv lrt tubing.

Case comes tomorrow, CPU will probably be in January haha.

Actually, maybe not... we'll see if this ships: https://www.ebay.com/itm/332865535504

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That looks outstanding! I'm going to need to find someone to cut my tube I think... or perhaps give it a go with a dremel myself.
If you have a Dremel I am pretty sure you can do it! The only problem will be to have a vertical tool to do the right M4 guide for the screws in the struts!