Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
is there room for a 92mm fan if I use front sfx mounting kit? just wondering because Im concered about vrm temps on maximus x hero with 8700k 5ghz 1.25volt. This board doesn’t come with a temp sensor for vrm and when I touch it, it’s pretty hot. I currently have 2 exhaust fans for them. Im using my case open and psu is literally outside of the case because although this 1200watt atx fits in the case, its way too big and im not moving around with my pc yet. (getting evga 650gm which is sfx)

Yes with the internal SFX kit. The plate that covers the rear has a cutout for a 92mm fan.

You could also get an aftermarket VRM heatsink.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
is there room for a 92mm fan if I use front sfx mounting kit? just wondering because Im concered about vrm temps on maximus x hero with 8700k 5ghz 1.25volt. This board doesn’t come with a temp sensor for vrm and when I touch it, it’s pretty hot. I currently have 2 exhaust fans for them. Im using my case open and psu is literally outside of the case because although this 1200watt atx fits in the case, its way too big and im not moving around with my pc yet. (getting evga 650gm which is sfx)
The VRM on the Maximus x hero should be fine. I’m running an 8086K at 5.2 GHz 1.374 volts with a single 40mm Noctua cooling VRM. The Strix Z370-G has far worse mosfets than the Maximus board. Hot to the touch isn’t the best method of testing thermals.

ASUS has little 40mm/50mm fan holders that can be screwed onto a motherboard standoff and those do the job.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
Yes with the internal SFX kit. The plate that covers the rear has a cutout for a 92mm fan.

You could also get an aftermarket VRM heatsink.

I think brianjjy meant whether there would be room under the sfx (or sfx-L) when it is mounted on the front, as in putting the fan on the front grill.

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
Wip of current SFF build (missing 9900k still). The stock Seasonic cables are making management very cumbersome. Going to look into ordering custom length ones from ensourced

Pic without the cable mess

Also for anyone wanting to order the cerberus, new orders seem to only come with blue color front panel usb 3.0 header wire which may not go with aesthetics of every build. I was told they have no more black color cables in stock which is a bummer. Im thinking to coat the wire in a layer of plastidip black once the custom cables arrive

Reactions: MarcParis

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Wip of current SFF build (missing 9900k still). The stock Seasonic cables are making management very cumbersome. Going to look into ordering custom length ones from ensourced

Pic without the cable mess

Also for anyone wanting to order the cerberus, new orders seem to only come with blue color front panel usb 3.0 header wire which may not go with aesthetics of every build. I was told they have no more black color cables in stock which is a bummer. Im thinking to coat the wire in a layer of plastidip black once the custom cables arrive
Or you can buy a black one, even shorter and change it! I did the same. I need to go back in the thread to check the link than KSliger sent to me...

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
Or you can buy a black one, even shorter and change it! I did the same. I need to go back in the thread to check the link than KSliger sent to me...

It would be great if you can send me the link to the black cable. I could not find one which would fit and had the correct length!

Reactions: AMv8-1day

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
But that is the new Seasonic SFX? I thought the cables were more like the ATX series. Sleeved all together...

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I'm sure this has been brought up. On both Cerberus pages, the last bullet point still states "Designed by Kimera Industries, manufactured in the USA by Sliger". Fortunately after clicking the hyperlink, DNS for kimeraindustries.com points to the same chimera.industries quad records.

Reactions: Phuncz

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered my Cerberus X.
Been staring at my almost operational dual E5-2667v2 build for two months now without the time to troubleshoot my booting issue. Even picked up another dual socket motherboard with 16 DIMM slots that I'm going to try cramming into the Cerberus X. 10"x13" seems doable right?
@KSliger I replied on my invoice with a couple small requests, thanks for being so hands on and flexible with the community.

https://photos.app.******/emHfbkh8NCeJo5GR8

Now I just need the HDPLEX 800W to be a thing so that I can finalize my power situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered my Cerberus X.
Been staring at my almost operational dual E5-2667v2 build for two months now without the time to troubleshoot my booting issue. Even picked up another dual socket motherboard with 16 DIMM slots that I'm going to try cramming into the Cerberus X. 10"x13" seems doable right?
@KSliger I replied on my invoice with a couple small requests, thanks for being so hands on and flexible with the community.

https://photos.app.******/emHfbkh8NCeJo5GR8

Now I just need the HDPLEX 800W to be a thing so that I can finalize my power situation.
Welcome to the Cerberus Owner club..:)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
According to OC3D it is supposed to release in November. Another nice thing is it will have two 8-pin EPS cables for CPU power, which will be nice for Threadripper builds.

Hmm tempting.. I've been finding it pretty difficult to source the SST-SX800-LTI in Australia at a reasonable price, (Can only find it in stock on newegg at an inflated price) if this ends up being released this month, with dual 8 pin EPS to boot, that'd be awesome.

On that note I've now purchased everything excluding the Cerberus and PSU! My wallet feels a hell of a lot lighter now! :D

Last edited:

Nodoz

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 1, 2018
Hello all. I’m new here and new to SFF builds in general but they have me interested. I’m currently looking at this case and wondering if it’s possible to fit a Corsair h115 and a evga hybrid 1080ti? The 1080ti has a 120mm AIO cooler on it. Or would I have to get a 120mm AIO CPU cooler to make that work?