Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
You aren’t getting a rad+fan to fit on the front with that EVGA card.

Please see:
Looks like my custom loop will have to be put on hold until I can upgrade to a shorter GPU, so I'll just use my AIO (CLC 240) until then.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Looks like my custom loop will have to be put on hold until I can upgrade to a shorter GPU, so I'll just use my AIO (CLC 240) until then.
It's working too..:)

Since a couple a years, beefy aircooled GPU are working great! After it required a well vented case to breath properlly...hopefully Cerberus/X belong to well vented case..;)

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
It's working too..:)

Since a couple a years, beefy aircooled GPU are working great! After it required a well vented case to breath properlly...hopefully Cerberus/X belong to well vented case..;)
I’m waiting for thermal pads and paste to come in so I can put my gpu back on air. The 4 slim Noctuas will be put into a pile for my loop.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What is the best placement for case fans in this case? I will be running a 280mm AIO and I opted for a front mount SFX PSU. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CpT4w6
Well, first thought will be :
  • AIO 280 radiator on bottom with fan placed as intake
  • Rear 92mm fan as intake
  • Side (bracket) & top 120mm fan placed as exhaust
In fact, this setup is close to mine (check my topic in signature) for any information.

Mr. Monday

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2018
Well, first thought will be :
  • AIO 280 radiator on bottom with fan placed as intake
  • Rear 92mm fan as intake
  • Side (bracket) & top 120mm fan placed as exhaust
In fact, this setup is close to mine (check my topic in signature) for any information.
I didn't order the top bracket unfortunately. Is 120mm the biggest I can fit on the side bracket? Am I better off going with static pressure optimized fans or CFM optimized fans?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I didn't order the top bracket unfortunately. Is 120mm the biggest I can fit on the side bracket? Am I better off going with static pressure optimized fans or CFM optimized fans?
In fact, main (most important) exhaust fan is side 120mm.
As long as you have this side exhaust fan, top fan is not really important...you can rely on passive top exhaust.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I chimed in on that one. Looking hard at 2x240mm rad setup personally and have been researching. Great info in on this thread for WC setups so far too!

Looking at crossflow rads seen earlier—-user who posted escapes me atm. On my phone and should be working!!XD

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

raazman

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2016
Is it possible to install 2x 3.5" HDD on the top mount bracket in the Cerberus X? Or is there an AIO that can fit above.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Is it possible to install 2x 3.5" HDD on the top mount bracket in the Cerberus X? Or is there an AIO that can fit above.
If you have front mounted SFX, I guess you can mount one 3.5 on top.
If you have rear PSU, I guess you can have one also.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Finally tried out my mini ITX build in the Cerberus. This case is fun to build in. It’s roomier than the M1, but have some hard to reach spots by the PSU. Speaking of PSU, the Corsair platinum is pretty nice. I might flip it so that the detailed label is hidden.

Overall this system runs cool as is.
CPU 6700K delidded about 65-70c in Prime95
GPU testing TBD

The Enermax AIO is easy to install.

Below are some quick snaps... I haven’t properly set up the RGB, so that I can dim them... I need to sleeve the blue USB cable.

nsiderTalon

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2018
I chimed in on that one. Looking hard at 2x240mm rad setup personally and have been researching. Great info in on this thread for WC setups so far too!

Looking at crossflow rads seen earlier—-user who posted escapes me atm. On my phone and should be working!!XD
I should have more pictures with all major pieces in place early next week, most remaining parts are arriving over the weekend. Let me know if there's any particular angles that would be useful for planning your loop

Reactions: TheHig

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Finally tried out my mini ITX build in the Cerberus. This case is fun to build in. It’s roomier than the M1, but have some hard to reach spots by the PSU. Speaking of PSU, the Corsair platinum is pretty nice. I might flip it so that the detailed label is hidden.

Overall this system runs cool as is.
CPU 6700K delidded about 65-70c in Prime95
GPU testing TBD

The Enermax AIO is easy to install.

Below are some quick snaps... I haven’t properly set up the RGB, so that I can dim them... I need to sleeve the blue USB cable.

Nice build!
How do you cerberus vs your previous ones? (Not only m1)

Also if you are disturbed by psu label, are you not concerned by noctua fans?...;) maybe dark side gentle typhoon could be a great alternative..:)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Nice build!
How do you cerberus vs your previous ones? (Not only m1)

Also if you are disturbed by psu label, are you not concerned by noctua fans?...;) maybe dark side gentle typhoon could be a great alternative..:)
Thanks! I really like the Cerberus size, and especially the build quality - that powder coating is soooo nice. I had a Cerberus X case sitting for several months, but it was just a little too tall for my needs at the moment. I finally picked up the mATX size with the recent discount :)

I really like the cooling aspect of this size. It allows me to put in a 240mm AIO with lots of room to breath.

I might put some black vinyl wrap over the PSU label. I wanted to test the best-in-class A12x25 first, before swapping in the 1700rpm redux fans, or alternative (e.g. Dark Side GTs) :D

nsiderTalon

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2018
This is why I went with the slim fans lol. Were you not able to use slot 1 for the gpu?
For now I'm not cutting down the Heatkiller Tube 100 res, so it will need to hang over the first PCI-E slot. It works out for me because I have two half-length PCI-E cards that will populate those top slots