Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Clearly cerberus-x as it’s compatible mini itx and it will let you build a nice watercooling setup.

By the way i’m not sure standard cerberus is compatible mini itx as it’s compatible micro atx only...i don’t remember if stands of both standard are compatible.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Clearly cerberus-x as it’s compatible mini itx and it will let you build a nice watercooling setup.

By the way i’m not sure standard cerberus is compatible mini itx as it’s compatible micro atx only...i don’t remember if stands of both standard are compatible.
Mini-ITX boards fit in the standard cerberus. I recall putting my mini-itx board in the chassis while my Micro ATX mobo was being RMA'd. Can't really see in the image below because the top right stand off had a defect in the prototype chassis but I'm pretty sure I had the bottom one screwed in.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

Well they are both SFF, and the ATX compatibility of the X allows access to the majority of motherboard selection. I’d like more ram than what mainstream mITX allows, but I only have to upsize one step to mATX to get more ram slots.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Mini-ITX boards fit in the standard cerberus. I recall putting my mini-itx board in the chassis while my Micro ATX mobo was being RMA'd. Can't really see in the image below because the top right stand off had a defect in the prototype chassis but I'm pretty sure I had the bottom one screwed in.

I remember seeing this setup before. Thanks for posting again!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Thanks for this picture..:)

And also it illustrates perfectly that rear psu bracket could be improved vs silverstonetek one to have maximum cpu cooler clearance when psu is on rear position..:)

Reactions: Biowarejak

nemotron

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017

Thanks for the pictures. I'm hoping to air cool the PC but this gives me an idea of how everything fits in. Have you tried fitting a Cryorig H7 with the fan blowing out the top?
I'm thinking this will let me keep the side bracket so I can mount a fan on the vents closer to the front. The H7 is 145mm tall. I figure the extra 3mm can stick through the open center of the side bracket.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks for the pictures. I'm hoping to air cool the PC but this gives me an idea of how everything fits in. Have you tried fitting a Cryorig H7 with the fan blowing out the top?
I'm thinking this will let me keep the side bracket so I can mount a fan on the vents closer to the front. The H7 is 145mm tall. I figure the extra 3mm can stick through the open center of the side bracket.

My pleasure. I've only installed the Noctua L9I, corsair H100 and H100i v2 into the chassis. But like you said, based on the spec sheets it should fit with the 3mm to spare.

curzman

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 11, 2017
HOLLY SHIT!!! I've been stalking the case since hardware canuks did a video ages ago!! How much will shipping to the uk be aproximately??!! The handle is the be all and end all for me. I wanted a lian li tu200 for ages because of the briefcase look but the internals were so outdated!! and this is a super compact matx which means i have more options!! fuck so excited i can save up and get one now. BUT big question.. will we ba able to get dust filters for the side panel? and the top more importantly? Think i'll go all black and cover it in hazard tape and stickers.. since i'll never be selling a case like this on.. ever.

*p.s*
when will the website be available to have a nosey around?

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Looking forward to go time.

The main webpage for the case doesn't have a Cerberus-x description. Can someone point out where the specs on the X are vs standard? I've digged a little but actual not the easiest to find (or I'm slow )

Also is it possible to do a SLI full water loop CPU and GPU in Cerberus or do you need X for such a build ?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Looking forward to go time.

The main webpage for the case doesn't have a Cerberus-x description. Can someone point out where the specs on the X are vs standard? I've digged a little but actual not the easiest to find (or I'm slow )

Also is it possible to do a SLI full water loop CPU and GPU in Cerberus or do you need X for such a build ?

James has said that it would be much easier to do in the X since there is the extra space.

There is a heavily modded Cerberus X build some pages back with a custom loop but it has a single GPU and the guy made his own back piece to mount the GPU vertically.

I had been wanting to get parts together from EK to give it a shot but I used my bonus for other things. Cerberus on the right.

Last edited:

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

So I've followed along with this case since spring of 2016, but I've never had an account till now. I really want to use this case in a custom water loop build, but I want to mod the side panel to include a full tempered glass. I'm curious if anyone else is considering doing something similar. Also if it's at all possible to get a CAD file for that side panel so I can modify it and have my local fabricator do the cut's, etc for me.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Hi Everyone,

So I've followed along with this case since spring of 2016, but I've never had an account till now. I really want to use this case in a custom water loop build, but I want to mod the side panel to include a full tempered glass. I'm curious if anyone else is considering doing something similar. Also if it's at all possible to get a CAD file for that side panel so I can modify it and have my local fabricator do the cut's, etc for me.

Stu posted the villian mod Cerberus X in the post above which has a window. I think he did acrylic.

Regular Cerberus model

DataX

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 20, 2017
Been following this for a while and super stoked about availability. :D

Have a question regarding colors. Would 'bare metal' be a plain brushed aluminum look or would it still require some finishing? I'm wanting something similar to the NCASE 'Silver' finish, but not sure what the difference would be between bare metal and 'Slate' .

TIA!

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
Stu posted the villian mod Cerberus X in the post above which has a window. I think he did acrylic.

Regular Cerberus model

I noticed in STU's build that he has a divider and used a pci extender. Can a 10xx waterblock fit fine in this case without modifying the mobo's position? Comparing the Ncase M1 and the Cerberus the Cerberus is 10mm wider and I know the Ncase M1 can fit a waterblock fine. So I'm assuming so. For some reason ekwb's website dosn't tell you their products width.

Pyrath

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2016
I noticed in STU's build that he has a divider and used a pci extender. Can a 10xx waterblock fit fine in this case without modifying the mobo's position? Comparing the Ncase M1 and the Cerberus the Cerberus is 10mm wider and I know the Ncase M1 can fit a waterblock fine. So I'm assuming so. For some reason ekwb's website dosn't tell you their products width.
Yes, stock PCB's are fine. some taller aftermarket cards (MSI has one that is shown *somewhere* in this thread) are too tall to use with a waterblock.