Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

The positive pressure is more than enough, an exhaust fan for this setup will do almost nothing.
Ahah, great news for power cable!!
It should arrive at the same time as my cerberus-x..:)

Immaculate Chimp

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 15, 2017
Hello, everyone! :) I'm new to these forums (though I am somewhat aware of the "Cerberus"). I am looking into building my first pc and "Cerberus" caught my attention. I'm a bit confused though, and was wondering if somebody could help bring me up to speed. I very well may be miss-understanding some things, so some clarification would be appreciated.

1. There are/were 3 "versions" available so far, at some point? (also, for brevity, I'm just listing some basic info about each one for identification purposes):

A. Nova-00 <- I know nothing about, but seems to be long gone. (don't know if it was ever actually for sale, or if it was just more-or-less a design prototype)

B. Cerberus <- A microATX-sized pc case (room for 2 relatively full sized graphics cards and whatnot, also seems to be more info available about this one.

C. Cerberus-X <- A standard ATX-sized version of the Cerberus? (That's about all I know about this one...)

2. They are/were all pre-production prototypes? (huh??)

3. None of them are available to anyone who hasn't already put money down on one? (likely no spare stock?)

4. Does/did the Cerberus (microATX version) have enough side clearance in the case for the litte hump on the edge of full coverage graphics card water blocks, where the inlet/outlet lines connect? (like the kind from EKWaterBlocks)

5. Will the Cerberus (microATX version) ever be available again for purchase to those who came late to the party?

6. Will there be a "next version" or a "final version" available to purchase? (preferably sized like the microATX Cerberus)

Thank you very much in advance for putting up with this long post. I hope someone can answer my questions. I'll shut up for now and quit bothering everyone. :)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Awwww yeeea! Glad the boat made it safely!

Well, one of the packages arrived safely. Not sure why the other three didn't show up at the same time :\

It should arrive at the same time as my cerberus-x..:)

Maybe, at this point we're considering just waiting and sending the corrected panels, USB 3.0 cables, and power cable all together.

I just realised, is that a hot pixel in the photo? (the three red pixels on the cable nearest to your hand)

Looks like I accidentally the pencil tool while cropping the picture.

Hello, everyone! :) I'm new to these forums

Welcome to the forum!

1. There are/were 3 "versions" available so far, at some point? (also, for brevity, I'm just listing some basic info about each one for identification purposes):

Nova-00 is the original glossy blue prototype. There was only 1 made and it's been sold.

The name changed because a few other cases named Nova were released during development of this newer design. This is the standard version.

Cerberus-X

A taller 8-slot variant that fits ATX motherboards. Pretty much identical otherwise.

They are/were all pre-production prototypes?

There were prototypes of Cerberus, which are what's in almost all of my pictures. There was also a short pre-production run recently.

None of them are available to anyone who hasn't already put money down on one? (likely no spare stock?)

Not all of the pre-production Cerberus are spoken for, but I've quite a waiting list to still go through.

Does/did the Cerberus (microATX version) have enough side clearance in the case for the litte hump on the edge of full coverage graphics card water blocks, where the inlet/outlet lines connect? (like the kind from EKWaterBlocks)

That really depends on the height of the card. For reference-height cards it shouldn't be an issue with more compact terminals. But it really just depends on the specific parts.

Will the Cerberus (microATX version) ever be available again for purchase to those who came late to the party?

There will be a general production run, but no ETA yet.

Reactions: Phuncz

Brasky

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 13, 2017
so the general production run has an unknown ETA, but how many units per production run would it have to be to make it worth it. Being late to the party I did see the kickstarter was about 1/3 funded or so I thought. So I'm just wondering from a business standpoint what the magic number would be?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
so the general production run has an unknown ETA, but how many units per production run would it have to be to make it worth it. Being late to the party I did see the kickstarter was about 1/3 funded or so I thought. So I'm just wondering from a business standpoint what the magic number would be?

No minimum number on our production, if you want one you'll get one - always in stock, no wait dates.