*immediately procrastinates on chatsites and youtube for two hours*
"... yup. I'm ready to use this PC."

EDIT: oh right VLC

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Today I upgraded the VMware ESXi 5.5 on my Intel NUC to ESXi 6.7, via an upgrade to 6.0 first as there is no supported way of upgrading straight. The upgrade failed from 6.0 to 6.7 as it did not detect any free space on the OS USB drive after updating to 6.0, even though no issue was found in the partition data. After some back and fro' with @j0rd who knows a lot about *nix, I decided to chose a different method of installation, via the CLI.

After punching in the command in PuTTY from this guide, I was greeted with... nothing. After about 10 minutes of cursor blinken, it choose to fill my screen with text, with the small line at the top saying everything went just fine:

And then I foam-washed my car, because it was very grimey. Foam-wash is very fun to do, probably because it's a much more visible what you're doing than cleaning it with the traditional method.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
@Phuncz did you try this https://www.uptimed.nl/ondersteuning/drivers ?

This page provides linux drivers for
Uptimed 10G Workstation Single Port RJ45 met Tehuti TN4010 Chipset
  • Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 x64
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 incl R2 versies 32 bit & x64
  • Linux (Redhat, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian)
  • Apple Mac OS X 10.12.6+
  • VMWARE ESXi

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I just sliced through my thumb with a razor blade performing tech surgery. This is not the first time I've done this.

Reactions: AleksandarK

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
@GuilleAcoustic They use a marvell chipset in some of their cards & their driver is GPL but they dont have rights to distribute the firmware for the marvel chipset they use so the driver is only good for some of there hardware. Your expected to supply the marvell stuff yourself but marvell no longer put out the files for public consumption. In the end i was able to point @Phuncz at a git repo where someone else looks to have sourced the required files and quietly put it up for whoever needs it. You have to do the build yourself though, sadly there isnt anything in the repos because of the marvell issue probably.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
@GuilleAcoustic They use a marvell chipset in some of their cards & their driver is GPL but they dont have rights to distribute the firmware for the marvel chipset they use so the driver is only good for some of there hardware. Your expected to supply the marvell stuff yourself but marvell no longer put out the files for public consumption.

That's nasty ! Pretty much like the old Atom sporting PowerVR iGPU .... basically no driver.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Shoved arch onto a nintendo switch for the fun of it. Managed to get a UI running but honestly I think i'll stay away from messing with it much until cfw is launched. Don't have time to fix driver issues, but it was cool seeing it run.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Bought a new headset and the mic didn't work. I have incredibly bad luck with consumer electronics. Three pairs of Astro headsets have died on me, one way or another. WHY DON'T THINGS JUST WORK, MAN?

Reactions: AleksandarK

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I know it takes a lot of work to make videos of assembling something, but wow doing it firsthand really drives that home ._.

day one: disassembled the system. made a joke. documented physical stats of the C11U. not quite done with the last one though. will finish before i sleep ,_,

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Today, i realized that it has a been year since i decided to join the forum and participate in the community....Have been long time lurker...

I can say that it was a great decidion and this community is one of the most enthusiastic ones in the world!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Bought a new headset and the mic didn't work. I have incredibly bad luck with consumer electronics. Three pairs of Astro headsets have died on me, one way or another. WHY DON'T THINGS JUST WORK, MAN?
Mind you, the new Windows 10 update did make my mic also seem to not work, but it was the privacy setting not allowing apps to use the microphone.

Reactions: TheHig