What did you do today?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I am using Krita. The pressure control needs some adjustment as it is a "hi-resolution", 8192 pressure level model with a battery-less stylus. I am using the DIGImend drivers for it and it works flawlessly. The Huion New 1060PLUS that I owned went to a family member. I will need to update the DIGImend drivers on the computer that they use as a recent pull request that enabled all of the buttons on it. Huion has been financing development either directly or supplying hardware.

I recommend you this french professional digital artist that is greatly involved in Linux, Krita and free softwares as a whole: David REVOY.

He made lots of tutorials and shares his brushes for free. He released an how-to setup a Huion tablet under Linux a year ago.

I also highly recommend taking a look at his tutorials for beginner:

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I recommend you this french professional digital artist that is greatly involved in Linux, Krita and free softwares as a whole: David REVOY.

He made lots of tutorials and shares his brushes for free. He released an how-to setup a Huion tablet under Linux a year ago.

I also highly recommend taking a look at his tutorials for beginner:
He was the one that turned me onto Krita. His latest brushset is included from Krita 4.0 (Yay!). Pepper & Carrot is beautiful. Thanks for reminding me of his beginner tutorials.

I also see that he is working on an open movie as well now called Spring.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Not today, but a few days ago.. showed my @firewolfy's MI-6 to a colleague who's into building her own PC & owns a Cooler Master Elite 110. She was like.. "heeey.. that's small! How is that possible?".

And today, I see another colleague brings his Corsair Carbide 240.

This is gonna be fun ;)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
so i previously said my one-off job might end early. *crylaughs*

good news is it's finally ending (lost a month and a half of personal work time). hard news is the company is trying to pick me up for some equipment prototyping for use next year (in terms of workflow and usability. I can't solder to save my lunch (i should actually (dammit)))

hands say maybe. mind is a bit hesitant. body says ehh...? soul's a bit broken

i just want to uni somewhere else ,_,

Reactions: AleksandarK

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
I just received the PP05-E PSU cable set I ordered a while ago.
Gonna be happy and busy this weekend reorganising my sff rigs :)

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Last two days were spent setting up a photography studio of sorts that I can keep set up at all times! The new setup enables photos like:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Not passive. It's a Sapphire R9-270X Vapor-X without the shroud and fans. I was running it in an NCased with bottom 120mm fans cooling the GPU. (worked perfectly) The above pic was taken for an article on Noctua's Chromax line :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Started learning PLC. Needed it for a task at work and by god is it a pain. Like it might be up there with Assembly for what I don't want to do again.
I remember "learning" that in university. *shudders*

I worked an eight-hour shift at my other IT job and finally got the overcharge to my cellular account removed (with a few bonus discounts). Time for sleep.