Other Besides cases, what other hardware do you find interesting ?

Which kind of hardware has your attention the most, besides cases ?

• Processors

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Motherboards

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • RAM

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Storage

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Graphics Cards

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Monitors

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Cooling

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Power Supplies

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Keyboard and/or Mouse

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Speakers and/or Sound Cards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
At first I was excited but I have since heard mixed things about the software on it. I think you can pick up a Panasonic G7 (if you need 4k video) or an Olympus E-PL7 body for about the same price as the Xiaoyi kit. Kinda hurts that the Xiaoyi price in US is much higher than China too :(
Yeah, the pricing situation sucks. There are too many good cameras in that price range. The fact that Yi entered now is a another sign of market maturity (what with SONY Imaging owning all of the market sensor manufacturing-wise).

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
I find AMD's desktop excavator architecture interesting.
It may not be terribly popular considering how many Intel enthusiasts there are on the forum and the fact that ZEN is hitting the market.
However, I am really digging my AMD 845 Carrizo 65w build.
I built a VR ready, low power consumption, 4k capable SFF gaming rig for under $1,000 using AMD FM2+.
I'm routinely hitting 120+ fps on my favorite online multiplayer game which is amazing considering the price point and that is SFF.
It's true that most of the performance boost has to do with upgrading my GPU from a the GTX 750ti to the new low power, higher performance, GTX 1060 but the Carrizo supports this build fantastically and at a lower price point.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I find AMD's desktop excavator architecture interesting.
It may not be terribly popular considering how many Intel enthusiasts there are on the forum and the fact that ZEN is hitting the market.
However, I am really digging my AMD 845 Carrizo 65w build.
I built a VR ready, low power consumption, 4k capable SFF gaming rig for under $1,000 using AMD FM2+.
I'm routinely hitting 120+ fps on my favorite online multiplayer game which is amazing considering the price point and that is SFF.
It's true that most of the performance boost has to do with upgrading my GPU from a the GTX 750ti to the new low power, higher performance, GTX 1060 but the Carrizo supports this build fantastically and at a lower price point.
Not popular unfortunately given that AMD never tried to unlock more of it's potential early on. The other issue was that the 845 was not something easily found, at least in Canada. Excavators were like Intel's Broadwell on the desktop; unicorns.

Reactions: Smallform Gaming