What did you do today?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Really love to get the Massdrop ALT, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, I may need to spend on a new mouse.

Any advice on smaller mouse:
- palm / fingertip hybrid grip
- rubber sides, preferably with texture
- at least 2 side buttons
- 3330 sensor / equivalent, or better.
- weight doesn't really matter. I've used both heavy and lightweight mice in the past.

Thinking about G502, Rival 110, Asus Pugio, Asus Evolve..

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Really love to get the Massdrop ALT, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, I may need to spend on a new mouse.

Any advice on smaller mouse:
- palm / fingertip hybrid grip
- rubber sides, preferably with texture
- at least 2 side buttons
- 3330 sensor / equivalent, or better.
- weight doesn't really matter. I've used both heavy and lightweight mice in the past.

Thinking about G502, Rival 110, Asus Pugio, Asus Evolve..
Kinda in the same boat honestly, though mostly for aesthetic reasons. I do really enjoy my DeathAdder 2013 though. Seems to meet at least some of your specifications :)

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
This didn't happen today, but I figured I'd share since it was recent enough.

A friend of mine that I've known my whole life has been incessantly posting vegan related content on Facebook. One day I told him he wasn't accomplishing anything by doing this. Hours later, I was blocked.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Finally managed to use Enums in C# and it feels like a weight off my shoulders. I'll have to have my comp-sci major friend look it over, but it's nice to feel like I can move this project forward another step or two.

FreeCad tutorials are, on that note, also moving along. I realized that I was doing things the wrong (read: most difficult) way, and decided to take a step back in order to refine the workflow. Honestly, as far as sheet metal designs are concerned, just spend as little time in the editor as possible. Spare yourself.

Radian will be getting a re-visit soon as well, following the aforementioned workflow improvements. I was being very naive with the design regarding the back-flanges so I'm taking it back to basics. I think the simplicity of overall construction outweighs the neatness of sliding everything in, but a prototype build would probably answer that question neatly.

TEC is waiting on Radian so, I think it's clear I have some work to do.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Today I learned how much Acer laptops can suck. Wednesday evening the screen completely turned off on me while I was in the middle of a video interview. Fortunately it was only a mock interview. The power button didn't work, not even a battery reset or removal for 30 minutes did anything. When I left it plugged in the laptop heated up quickly so I just decided to unplug it take it to Microcenter for a check up. Not even a year old, it turns out that the entire motherboard needs a replacement and won't have my laptop for at least one week. I have at least the extended warranty to cover it, so it's free of charge.

So in the meantime I am back to using my 2008 Macbook for on-the-go and still holds up fairly well. Plus, the Acer's screen is so lackluster I really enjoy the color contrast of the Macbook again.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

3M thin VHB tape finally arrived. feels overkill now, but that's not unbonding anytime soon. If I don't drop it onto stuff and sit on it again, LOL ,_,

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
FreeCad tutorials are, on that note, also moving along. I realized that I was doing things the wrong (read: most difficult) way, and decided to take a step back in order to refine the workflow. Honestly, as far as sheet metal designs are concerned, just spend as little time in the editor as possible. Spare yourself.
That is the biggest issue I have in FreeCAD. I worked a lot of the SheetMetal workbench for the bends and Part Design workbench for the features. I may try going purely with the Part Design workbench next time I try it.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Not today really but yesterday I came back from work finding 2 out of the 4 most expected boxes waiting for me. The window for the Ncase M1 and the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. I installed them both and I'm very happy with the result.

The window fits like a glove with no fit or clearance issues despite having the 1080Ti. Temps to my surprise are better than what I feared, GPU remained almost the same with only a 1-2C increase on max temps and CPU took the most hit (understandably) by going up 5C at idle and 2C at max.

Now waiting for the slotted top panel and the throttle :)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
coming back from PC show. not much to report on the SFF front outside of Dreamcore (maybe that one prebuilt from Aftershock, a few small business PCs, and... android-powered TV boxes)

left the house earlier to just find out the sterrox fan delivered. Probably the last part before the next upgrade. gotta get home first

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I've mostly designed a waterblock for my LP 750ti, following the design patterns established by EKWB's blocks. Gonna have to get a quote on it for milling since 3D printing it with I.materialize was prohibitive. Else I guess I'll have to mill it myself :)