Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Finally I've got my Review and comparison between the Noctua NH-L9a AM4 vs. Thermalright AXP90-X36 online! ;)
You will be surprised guys! Later I will upload the Benchmarking results as picture to the forum, but feel free to check out my video!

Tested inside the Velka 5. :)

Reactions: nightshift

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I like this, but will stay with my L9a for now. It works nicely, looks cool, easier to install and it's available. Should there be a Full Copper version of the AXP90-X36, I would grab that in a second as that might result in a more measurable difference. However, this probably beats the L9i by a more noticable margin.

Looking forward to the Metalfish X39 review and thanks for the work you do:) Btw, does this Thermalright cooler work with the backplate of the L9a?

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I like this, but will stay with my L9a for now. It works nicely, looks cool, easier to install and it's available. Should there be a Full Copper version of the AXP90-X36, I would grab that in a second as that might result in a more measurable difference. However, this probably beats the L9i by a more noticable margin.

Looking forward to the Metalfish X39 review and thanks for the work you do:) Btw, does this Thermalright cooler work with the backplate of the L9a?
Thanks. :) Even better: The AXP uses normal AM4 Backplate!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hey @VELKASE Michael, do you think that this Cablemod PCIe 4.0 riser (straight variant) would work with the Velka 5? I really like the black color, and the length is almost the same (300mm) as compared to the VC-S290G4 (290mm).
I am not familiar with this cable so I cannot guarantee compatibility but the 300 mm length is fine.
Potential issues:
-the plastic cover on the female end may make the bend radius of the cable too large
-the mounting slots may be in a different position relative to the female PCI socket

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hey @VELKASE Michael, I'm running an AXP-90 47mm in a Velka 7 on AM4. Should I be orienting the fins on the cooler parallel or perpendicular to the ram sticks?
Either orientation should work. Parallel may be better.
The best advice I can give for finding the optimal orientation with certainty is to test both on your system.

SingaporeanTaxi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2021
Either orientation should work. Parallel may be better.
The best advice I can give for finding the optimal orientation with certainty is to test both on your system.
I would assume that parallel would be better since hot air rises and that orientation would allow for the natural flow. Also, parallel also means that the ram won't be blocking airflow.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Ah, that is disappointing. I remember there being a test batch of HDMI 2.1 cables being sold in the website. Are those not being offered anymore or were they deemed to be defective? Thanks for the reply!
They will not be offered through the Velkase store anymore but you can still get them direct from the ADT-Link or their distributors on Aliexpress. The cable is the A6-A8T 30 cm. It seems to work for most but not all setups based on user feedback.

Reactions: Curiosity

gamemaster9641

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2020
They will not be offered through the Velkase store anymore but you can still get them direct from the ADT-Link or their distributors on Aliexpress. The cable is the A6-A8T 30 cm. It seems to work for most but not all setups based on user feedback.
Noted, thanks for your assistance and I look forward to buying your Velka 7 case!

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
I really want to get a velka 7 but really need Displayport 1.4, is there a solution or low profile right angle cable someone knows about that I can squeeze inside the case under the panel? As long as its at least 3 meters long, it should work for my setup.

fedder

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2020
Hey everyone I need some help does anyone know how long the internal extensions are supposed to be for HDMI and DP. ADT seems to have just made these internal connectors available not long ago and Id like to know which I should buy since I wont have a Velka 7 until whenever theyre available. Im assuming 15cm but I guess I could get 30cm and fold it up just incase. Also this is probably what you would need @Killinger EDIT I found the parts list on Velka website and theyre 20CM so I would need to buy the 30CM version to be sure. Thanks me

http://www.adt.link/product/DPP14-Shop.html DP1.4 P7A-P8T. P7A-P8Q would be best but might not fit.
http://www.adt.link/product/HAA-MF-24P-Shop.html HDMI 2.1 A7-A8T. A7-A8Q would be best but might not fit.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

fedder

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2020
EDIT accidently double posted and im not smart enough to know how to delete

Hey everyone I need some help does anyone know how long the internal extensions are supposed to be for HDMI and DP. ADT seems to have just made these internal connectors available not long ago and Id like to know which I should buy since I wont have a Velka 7 until whenever theyre available. Im assuming 15cm but I guess I could get 30cm and fold it up just incase. Also this is probably what you would need @Killinger EDIT I found the parts list on Velka website and theyre 20CM so I would need to buy the 30CM version to be sure. Thanks me

http://www.adt.link/product/DPP14-Shop.html DP1.4 P7A-P8T. P7A-P8Q would be best but might not fit.
http://www.adt.link/product/HAA-MF-24P-Shop.html HDMI 2.1 A7-A8T. A7-A8Q would be best but might not fit.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killinger