Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

nightshift

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 23, 2020
Migration completed successfully.
The option to actually get an E766b VK in Europe and finding the perfect carrying bag tipped the scales for me to downsize to this little jewellery box of technology.

The case and it's riser are top quality and this psu is not even audible - then again the build does not consume that much. They both exceeded my expectations. Really like the thick front panel and that power button. I recently got some nice case feet as well, that I've yet to attach.

Last edited:

GucksTV

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Finally I've got my Review and comparison between the Noctua NH-L9a AM4 vs. Thermalright AXP90-X36 online! ;)
You will be surprised guys! Later I will upload the Benchmarking results as picture to the forum, but feel free to check out my video!

Tested inside the Velka 5. :)

Reactions: nightshift

nightshift

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 23, 2020
I like this, but will stay with my L9a for now. It works nicely, looks cool, easier to install and it's available. Should there be a Full Copper version of the AXP90-X36, I would grab that in a second as that might result in a more measurable difference. However, this probably beats the L9i by a more noticable margin.

Looking forward to the Metalfish X39 review and thanks for the work you do:) Btw, does this Thermalright cooler work with the backplate of the L9a?

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I like this, but will stay with my L9a for now. It works nicely, looks cool, easier to install and it's available. Should there be a Full Copper version of the AXP90-X36, I would grab that in a second as that might result in a more measurable difference. However, this probably beats the L9i by a more noticable margin.

Looking forward to the Metalfish X39 review and thanks for the work you do:) Btw, does this Thermalright cooler work with the backplate of the L9a?
Thanks. :) Even better: The AXP uses normal AM4 Backplate!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Oct 7, 2018
Hey @VELKASE Michael, do you think that this Cablemod PCIe 4.0 riser (straight variant) would work with the Velka 5? I really like the black color, and the length is almost the same (300mm) as compared to the VC-S290G4 (290mm).
I am not familiar with this cable so I cannot guarantee compatibility but the 300 mm length is fine.
Potential issues:
-the plastic cover on the female end may make the bend radius of the cable too large
-the mounting slots may be in a different position relative to the female PCI socket

SingaporeanTaxi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2021
Either orientation should work. Parallel may be better.
The best advice I can give for finding the optimal orientation with certainty is to test both on your system.
I would assume that parallel would be better since hot air rises and that orientation would allow for the natural flow. Also, parallel also means that the ram won't be blocking airflow.