Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

KevinSiebert

Chassis Packer
Mar 25, 2020
Will there be an option for a USB C extension cable too? I just saw the updated HDMI email and I was looking for something better than a cable extension panel mount I got off Amazon. The USB works, but I can't get a video signal off the GPU with it, and it's slightly too tall making the top bulge by a millimeter or 2.

SingaporeanTaxi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2021
Active DP to HDMI adapters/cables should be used instead of passive ones.
Would you be able to try using a single active DP male to HDMI male cable? Having a series of 3 cables may be causing issues.
So do this:
GPU -> Male to Female DP 1.4 Extension (inside case) -> Male DP to Male HDMI Cable -> Monitor

Instead of:
GPU -> Male to Female DP 1.4 Extension (inside case) -> Male DP to Female HDMI Adapter -> Male HDMI to Male HDMI Cable -> Monitor

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Will there be an option for a USB C extension cable too? I just saw the updated HDMI email and I was looking for something better than a cable extension panel mount I got off Amazon. The USB works, but I can't get a video signal off the GPU with it, and it's slightly too tall making the top bulge by a millimeter or 2.

There are no plans to add USB-C in the near future but I believe this one will fit with a custom mounting solution. T9A-T8T-NC 30 cm

So do this:
GPU -> Male to Female DP 1.4 Extension (inside case) -> Male DP to Male HDMI Cable -> Monitor

Instead of:
GPU -> Male to Female DP 1.4 Extension (inside case) -> Male DP to Female HDMI Adapter -> Male HDMI to Male HDMI Cable -> Monitor
Yes and I would recommend the male DP to male HDMI cable to be an active one.

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
There is a PCIe gen 4 riser option planned for a few weeks from now.

HDMI and DP extensions: these are planned to be updated next year but they may still not support the higher transfer speeds with all hardware. I am working on a revised frame that gives a choice between using extensions and a direct connection to the GPU.
Any updates on the PCIe gen 4 riser option?

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
Really liking the new look for the Velka 3 and concerning switching to it, but wondering why the PSU was moved to the top. Seems like it would block natural airflow.

Are there any CPU temperature benchmarks? Running 3700x with NH-L9 but anything will do. Also curious about a back mounted NVME, which was getting toasty in my A4 until I installed a case fan.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys, VK5 user here. I currently need extra HDMI ports to connect a 1080p 60Hz display. However, when I try to plug a DP to HDMI adapter into the VK5 DP Extension, it doesn’t work. The adapter will only work if I plug it directly into the GPU.
I’ve tried using upgraded DP 1.4 extensions as well as active and passive DP to HDMI adapters. Any suggestions?
Images for reference of what I’ve tried:
What GPU? What other display connections are you using, if any?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Any updates on the PCIe gen 4 riser option?
It will be announced this weekend.

Really liking the new look for the Velka 3 and concerning switching to it, but wondering why the PSU was moved to the top. Seems like it would block natural airflow.

Are there any CPU temperature benchmarks? Running 3700x with NH-L9 but anything will do. Also curious about a back mounted NVME, which was getting toasty in my A4 until I installed a case fan.
You can flip the front panel and then turn over the whole case to have the PSU on the bottom like this. The new top will have asymmetrical screws and vents, though.

You can probably expect your SSD temperatures to be the same as when you had them without the fan. Rear-mounted M.2 drives at SATA speeds will generally work fine but NVME might not run at full speed.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Anyone fitted the MSI RTX 3060 Ti in a Velka 3 yet? I was wondering if it fitted okay.
This post features it in the OS Velka 3. Saying thermals are fine. I might still just go with a PNY 3060 ITX though just in case. That card even has the same hexagonal venting design as the Velka 3 ver2.0, so it's a perfect match. There are already some nice examples for this pair.

Recently managed to make my transition to this case with my RTX 2060 ITX + R3 3300x with the ENP-7660 B VK and I'm very satisfied with the temps and how quiet it is.

sffpcMotive

Efficiency Noob
Nov 28, 2021
This post features it in the OS Velka 3. Saying thermals are fine. I might still just go with a PNY 3060 ITX though just in case. That card even has the same hexagonal venting design as the Velka 3 ver2.0, so it's a perfect match. There are already some nice examples for this pair.

Recently managed to make my transition to this case with my RTX 2060 ITX + R3 3300x with the ENP-7660 B VK and I'm very satisfied with the temps and how quiet it is.
My current setup is a Velka 3 ver2.0 + R5 5600x + PNY 3060 + ENP-7660B and can agree that it is a really good match.

I was able to find a pretty decent deal on the new 3060 Ti Aero (around $750 after tax+shipping+fees). I was mainly worried about the width of the card being too big since it is bigger than the PNY 3060. I wasn't able to find any solid source of a Velka 3 ver2.0 with the new 3060 Ti Aero but the card is coming this upcoming Monday, so I'll be able to take a first hand look on whether I can fit the card properly.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
One question: The Velka 3 with the orientation of the EN7660b at the bottom, does it make sense to flip the psu so that the vents will face upwards - helping to exhaust the air out from below the gpu and mobo?
Not sure if it will make any difference with temps with such a ventilated case - but even if not, I don't think the psu still will be stressed more because of it, since fresh air might just be inhaled through the side panels this way. The benefit here would be the fact that there won't be any need for the case to be elevated, it can be without feet and could just sit on the desk with it's full surface, instead of having it elevated for the sake of the power supply intake.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
One question: The Velka 3 with the orientation of the EN7660b at the bottom, does it make sense to flip the psu so that the vents will face upwards - helping to exhaust the air out from below the gpu and mobo?
Not sure if it will make any difference with temps with such a ventilated case - but even if not, I don't think the psu still will be stressed more because of it, since fresh air might just be inhaled through the side panels this way. The benefit here would be the fact that there won't be any need for the case to be elevated, it can be without feet and could just sit on the desk with it's full surface, instead of having it elevated for the sake of the power supply intake.
It's not mechanically possible to flip the power supply. Only one orientation is supported.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
It's not mechanically possible to flip the power supply. Only one orientation is supported.
Now that I think about it, it's true... there's a certain way for the case screws to go in. Then again what would be the ideal way to elevate the case? I received some "case feet stickers" that are only elevating the case for like 1-2mm max and I doubt that it will be sufficient for a psu with bottom intake. Right now my case sits on two 10 piece packs of napkins.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Now that I think about it, it's true... there's a certain way for the case screws to go in. Then again what would be the ideal way to elevate the case? I received some "case feet stickers" that are only elevating the case for like 1-2mm max and I doubt that it will be sufficient for a psu with bottom intake. Right now my case sits on two 10 piece packs of napkins.
Any reason why you can't just have the PSU on top if PSU airflow is a concern?

It will still work with the PSU on bottom with the included feet if placed on a hard surface. Part of the intake will be on bottom, and part from inside the case. You could get taller adhesive rubber feet, 10 mm tall for example.