Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

prebsus

Chassis Packer
Feb 10, 2021
Updates:

Some shots with the case closed (I need a better phone/camera)

With some PVC tape I was able to bend the Displayport cables in place. So P6A-P8T-SI fits and works fine, both cables are 20cm. The HDMI cable is also in there.

Also I noticed a fitment issue. The top Displayport port can not be accessed, part of the tab over hangs it. I'm using the Louqe Riser and a Palit RTX 3060 Dual.

I'm also going to need to learn how to undervolt at some stage.
I had this same issue with blocked 1st DP port on the 3060 Ti FE. Seems like a pretty common issue for the RTX-3000 cards in the Velka 7...

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
It is already up and running.
The only thing that you cannot buy from there is the velka specific flex atx psu.
This is awesome. All I need is some modular flex-atx psu. Geeek seems like the best choice by far as I could go for the Ehance Plat 600w L-type orientation with 20mm noctua fan and add optimal length cables (ideally 150mm 24pin, 250mm 4+4pin, 300mm 6+2pin), but they do not ship to central EU for some reason which is a bummer. Need to find another option.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) I just wanted to share my experience with the Velka 3 and add the compatibility of the new Asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger ITX which measures 179mm and still fits without any issues inside the Velka 3! Check out the Build Log for a better picture:

Hope you like it! <3

Reactions: FiftyFifty

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
For everyone asking about the Performance of that System:

There are my 1080p & 1440p Gaming Benchmarks with some thermal & noise tesing! :) Greetings from Germany!

FedericoP

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 9, 2021
Thanks @VELKASE Michael for making the Velka 5! Allowed me to cram a 3070 and 5950X in a sub 5 liter case. Lmao. I eagerly expect the next modification for future crazy upgrades.
Hi! Which 3070 did you put? I am planning to build my first pc and have to go very-SFF due to travel. I would like a 3060ti but possibly a 3070 for further future proofing

UncannyPally

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2021
Hi there, love the look and function of these cases. Out of curiosity, are there any planned revisions to update the PCI-E riser to gen 4.0, or the HDMI and DP extensions to 2.1/1.4 respectively?

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
Hi there, love the look and function of these cases. Out of curiosity, are there any planned revisions to update the PCI-E riser to gen 4.0, or the HDMI and DP extensions to 2.1/1.4 respectively?

most likely not as the parts don’t exist yet, or if they do you can do the upgrade yourself by ordering them through Taobao. For instance there are gen4 risers out there that work with these cases

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
There is a PCIe gen 4 riser option planned for a few weeks from now.

HDMI and DP extensions: these are planned to be updated next year but they may still not support the higher transfer speeds with all hardware. I am working on a revised frame that gives a choice between using extensions and a direct connection to the GPU.

UncannyPally

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2021
There is a PCIe gen 4 riser option planned for a few weeks from now.

HDMI and DP extensions: these are planned to be updated next year but they may still not support the higher transfer speeds with all hardware. I am working on a revised frame that gives a choice between using extensions and a direct connection to the GPU.
Thank you for the response! This is excellent news overall.

I see you sell some of the cables that the case employs on your site currently. Would it be possible for the updated HDMI and DP extensions to be offered separately for owners of the current frame design once they're available?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I see you sell some of the cables that the case employs on your site currently. Would it be possible for the updated HDMI and DP extensions to be offered separately for owners of the current frame design once they're available?
They would be sold separately like the current cables

Reactions: UncannyPally

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
Attempting to build a watercooled Velka 7 with 240 rad and 3060ti. Check out my build if anyone is interested.

Reactions: thelaughingman

crackerlegs

Trash Compacter
Sep 19, 2020
I'll share a nice trick if you want to remove the sata tray but still keep the motherboard straight.

That's cool - what are these and where could someone purchase them?

SingaporeanTaxi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2021
Hi guys, VK5 user here. I currently need extra HDMI ports to connect a 1080p 60Hz display. However, when I try to plug a DP to HDMI adapter into the VK5 DP Extension, it doesn’t work. The adapter will only work if I plug it directly into the GPU.
I’ve tried using upgraded DP 1.4 extensions as well as active and passive DP to HDMI adapters. Any suggestions?
Images for reference of what I’ve tried:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys, VK5 user here. I currently need extra HDMI ports to connect a 1080p 60Hz display. However, when I try to plug a DP to HDMI adapter into the VK5 DP Extension, it doesn’t work. The adapter will only work if I plug it directly into the GPU.
I’ve tried using upgraded DP 1.4 extensions as well as active and passive DP to HDMI adapters. Any suggestions?
Images for reference of what I’ve tried:
Active DP to HDMI adapters/cables should be used instead of passive ones.
Would you be able to try using a single active DP male to HDMI male cable? Having a series of 3 cables may be causing issues.