Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
How is the preordering on the website supposed to work? I thought preordering was to take new orders when the cases are out of stock, but it seems I am unable to preorder. Are we supposed to wait until the cases are in stock?

Slowjim

Trash Compacter
Mar 12, 2019
I just got my Velka 3 and there was no way to mount the Hdplex 400, as the holes in the heatsink of the Hdplex are not threaded and neither are the holes in the bottom of the case.

Reactions: pwnedundies

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
I just got my Velka 3 and there was no way to mount the Hdplex 400, as the holes in the heatsink of the Hdplex are not threaded and neither are the holes in the bottom of the case.

What version of Velka 3 do you have? v1 or the latest 1.2?

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Aren't there M2.5 threaded holes on the back of the HDplex? That seems to be what the hole pattern is on their website for the backside. The front side is showing the passthrough holes.

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Dec 28, 2019
For anyone using the Enhance ENP-7660b PSU - is it taller than other flex PSUs? mine is touching the bottom of my mobo.

I can move things a bit for enough clearance to get the riser cable through, but just barely - I'm concerned about having the mobo, riser cable, and PSU all touching with all that heat.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
@VELKASE Michael

Question, if you use the HDPlex 200 or G-Unique, could you mount a 2.5" drive flat on the bottom? I know you could just use double sided tape, but I have a 15mm 2.5" HDD that I'd like to hard mount to the bottom if possible. Could you include mounting rails for that in a future revision if they don't exist already?

I also think it would be cool to have 3.5" HDD mounting holes on the motherboard tray or the shell if someone wants to use a 3.5" HDD instead of a graphics card, possibly for a NAS build or an HTPC with tons of video content on it.

Last edited:

hextanerf

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2019
Just got my pieces for securing the GPU. A heads-up: if you’re using Zotac 1080 mini or Zotac 1080ti mini, the pieces DOESN’T solve the second fan scraping the side panel. In fact, as you can see from the picture, the holes on the GPU securing piece hardly line up with the holes on the GPU bracket.

I installed the piece and against my better judgement, cut the zip-tie the held my GPU straight. The fan scraped the side panel. I was also stupid enough not to check if I have spare zip-ties before cutting it. I’m moving on Saturday and I’m sorta f**ked.

TL;DR: just zip-tie your Zotac minis onto the motherboard bracket!!

Last edited:

Lung

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 3, 2020
I'm looking to take my first steps into the SFF world, hopefully with a Velka 5 when they are available again. As it's so tight on fitting, I just wanted to check if everything i intend to use will fit. Build is likely to be: Ryzen 1600 AF, Gigabyte B450i motherboard, black ridge cooler with noctua 12x15 fan, 2x8gb kingston value vlp ram, evga gtx 770 classified gpu as a placeholder until i can get a Palit 1660 super or a 5600XT if they are any good. Does all that sound ok?

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
This should fit in the Velka 3 but wanted to know if the fans would touch the sides or not. Anyone tried installing this

thanks for the help.

Thats definitely gonna fit the Velka 3, dual slot is 185mm maximum case length of Expansion Card!

sjug

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you Sir, i am going to place the order. Couldn't find any RTX 2070 mini for a decent price so this will have to do.

That card is 210mm long and the max length for the Velka 3 is 183mm so I don't see how that would fit...

In Optimum Tech's video, he couldn't mount the HDPlex with screws and the rear plate didn't align with the power connector, has this been fixed in the latest version?

Anyone try to mount the HDPlex with the 1.2 version Velka 3? Do we have a solid answer?

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
That card is 210mm long and the max length for the Velka 3 is 183mm so I don't see how that would fit...

Here are the dimensions from the website:
Max GPU Length173 mm. Card Dimensions (L x H)173.48 mm x 111.25 mm. If Velka 3 supports 183m as mentioned above by MassZERO . There should be no issue. or am I missing something? Thanks.

Reactions: Skarum

sjug

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2018
Here are the dimensions from the website:
Max GPU Length173 mm. Card Dimensions (L x H)173.48 mm x 111.25 mm. If Velka 3 supports 183m as mentioned above by MassZERO . There should be no issue. or am I missing something? Thanks.

Those are the 1660 non-super dimensions as far as I can tell, but assuming that it's under the 183mm then you should be fine. I just see a different length for the 1660 super than you do.

i want buy velka 5..
I'm waiting for the sale to begin....

Looks like the restock is now January 6th rather than today.