Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
Hindsight is 20/20. Ordered the Trident Z Neo DDR4 32 GB kit. If anyone is interested here is the link.
https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232861?Item=N82E16820232861
Just realized that the Ram sticks with RGB and heat sinks are 47mm tall and wont fit in the Velka 3. Got the memory on sale price so don't want to return it. Maybe ill just dremel the heat sink or replace them all together. First time building a SFF so didn't think it through. ***Face Palm***

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
For Velka 5 owners: Anyone have experience replacing the 14mm fan on an Noctua L9 cooler with a 25mm fan? It feels like it would *just* fit the case? Or maybe it's a bit too tall and would cause some flex in the side panel?
I think it will fit - maximum supported cooler height is 48mm which is the exact height of the cooler with a 25mm fan.
Dan A4 has the same limits and I had no issue running an L9 with a 25mm fan on that.

I've actually ordered a black l9 with a black 25mm fan so I should be able to tell you in a month or so cos I'm planning the same thing.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I think it will fit - maximum supported cooler height is 48mm which is the exact height of the cooler with a 25mm fan.
Dan A4 has the same limits and I had no issue running an L9 with a 25mm fan on that.

I've actually ordered a black l9 with a black 25mm fan so I should be able to tell you in a month or so cos I'm planning the same thing.
Issue is the fan would be really close to the panels, Dan does not recommend that for his case as the noise is supposedly highly annoying. Wouldn't it be better to use the 92mm and a fan duct? Or if possible a fan duct with a 120x15 fan adapter for the L9a?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Issue is the fan would be really close to the panels, Dan does not recommend that for his case as the noise is supposedly highly annoying. Wouldn't it be better to use the 92mm and a fan duct? Or if possible a fan duct with a 120x15 fan adapter for the L9a?
Potentially - I never had any noise issues on my Dan - but potentially a fan duct could be a better option? I've already ordered both so will have to wait and see

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Velka 5 in anything but black is sold out. And in less than two minutes. Can we please just be allowed to pre-order and wait again?

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Preorder only in black with no riser bundle available. That's disappointing.

Yup. I tried to buy a gray case. Found out the riser wasn't included and tried to find one at my local retailer. 30 seconds later, everything is sold out.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Aaaand everything is out of stock after 6 minutes. Fantastic. My mistake: The black one is still up.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Yep, black out of stock within seconds. Missed out despite sitting here waiting about an hour before they were due to go on sale.

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
Yup. I tried to buy a gray case. Found out the riser wasn't included and tried to find one at my local retailer. 30 seconds later, everything is sold out.
Got my order in for Velka 3 but then again Velka 5 is the more popular choice i guess.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Nah, all colours showing as out of stock. I had it all in the basket, but in the time it took my to input card details they'd all sold out.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Nah, all colours showing as out of stock. I had it all in the basket, but in the time it took my to input card details they'd all sold out.

Gah, that sucks. I really had my mind set on a gray case, so I'll sit this round out. Would have been nice to have been notified that only black cases would be in stock, so I didn't have to sit up past midnight. I really wish we could just pre-order and then wait. Wouldn't mind paying up front either.

Reactions: Twiddle and Lung

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
I appreciate it's first come first served, but I think i'll just stick with my SG13, this is far too much hassle for me. I thought the short 2070 and the 7660B would be the pain to source, not the case.

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
Maybe this was just the first batch and hopefully more cases will be added very soon. But i do agree with the pre-order option.

Lung

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 3, 2020
I think there's some confusion over people wanting 3s and 5s. The black 3 was sold out instantly with the other colours available a bit longer, while the black 5 was the only one left after the first 2 minutes. No riser bundle and no gpu support bracket was just a step too far though.