Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
The results give you a Zotac card that is too long for the Velka 3, and a Gigabyte card that is $530 and out of stock. The real answer is it's impossible to find a properly priced RTX2070 ITX.

The best ITX card I was able to find were PNY and ASUS 2060. Went with the PNY because it was a little cheaper and the ASUS is supposed to be loud. I got it from Best Buy but you can find it on Amazon. Sometimes it's called "single fan" but never ITX.

2060 Supers are supposed to be coming, but I haven't seen one for sale yet.

Last edited:

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
The results give you a Zotac card that is too long for the Velka 3, and a Gigabyte card that is $530 and out of stock. The real answer is it's impossible to find a properly priced RTX2070 ITX.

The best ITX card I was able to find were PNY and ASUS 2060. Went with the PNY because it was a little cheaper and the ASUS is supposed to be loud. I got it from Best Buy but you can find it on Amazon. Sometimes it's called "single fan" but never ITX.

2060 Supers are supposed to be coming, but I haven't seen one for sale yet.

Thanks, yeah I checked almost every country now and seem to be impossible to find it so will go for a 2060 too. Thanks

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
I'm also curious if the ASRock Phantom Gaming ITX TB3 fits.

Alright, I'm not trying to be rude, but you have asked this exact same question 4 times now in this thread. Maybe no one knows? Maybe seek information elsewhere? It's approaching spamming the thread at this point.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
It definitely makes sense to wait for the 2060S Mini since it's $100 cheaper than the 2070 and the difference in performance is less than 5%. The non-super cards are not competitive, basically EOL at this point yet they're keeping them alive for some reason. This generation is really messed up, if you can wait, wait for 7nm.

Last edited:

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
Just asking guys I'm planning to buy Velka 3 this week...
But I'm kinda confused if the Geek Custom Flex ATX Modular PSU will fit on it?

Geek Custom Flex ATX Modular PSU
Dimension : 81.5 mm (W) x 40.5 mm (H) x 170 mm (D)

Velka 3 PSU
Flex ATX: 150 x 81.5 x 40.5

Geek Custom Flex ATX would be nice if it could be fit since they can customize the FAN Model 200W to 600W / Bronze to Platinum and the good thing about is the Fan Type which I love... Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX
It really helps reduced the noise fan of CPU...

Please help me decide?

Will there be a future plans where Geeek Custom Flex ATX will be able to fit into it??

@VELKASE Michael

Last edited:

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
No it doesn't, tons of mentions of it in the thread.

Sorry about it, I wish they would just compiled all this answered questions of people and put it on their website. It would be very helpful to all of us.

I guess Velka 3 wont be my option then!
I would really loved that Geeek Custom Flex ATX

@Kilrah I post a message on your thread

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Sorry about it, I wish they would just compiled all this answered questions of people and put it on their website. It would be very helpful to all of us.

I guess Velka 3 wont be my option then!
I would really loved that Geeek Custom Flex ATX

@Kilrah I post a message on your thread
It does, you even quoted it in your post. Max PSU length 150mm, so 170mm won't fit.

Limetka

Cable Smoosher
Aug 1, 2019
Just wanna share my experience from the start, even tho delivery took quite awhile (37days non-express shipping) thanks to holiday season, I was quite happy when it arrived because there were no custom fees, maybe because they are too busy these days? which saved me close to 40€. Whole build process took like 5 to 6 hours because I was having a blast and had to satisfy my OCD, there were a few obstacles which had to be addressed. First which comes to mind are some holes for m3 screws which were too big so I had to reuse some screws from old build. I made a mistake of not testing riser beforehand so I realised after everything was done, that it can't run on gen3 speed without constant screen freezing so it's manualy set to gen2 atm (might be just lack of power from gpu because only one power pcie is connected, will look into it next year) which I dont rly care much about. Next was probably issue with my mobo layout because on/off button wire was way too short to connect, I had to route it under cpu fan above cpu heatsink and even then its super tight fit, which is quite sketchy, might look into prolonging it next year also. After closing side panels and turning it on, gpu fan blades were hitting the panel, so I did two ghetto adjustments (pictures below) until the official solution from michael arrives, first is just spacing screw to prevent movement and second is actualy the plastic protection shield from gpu riser taped in, to keep gpu far enough from sidepanel as shown below, plans for near future include buying 2x 5ghz antennas for bluetooth and wifi because I can't use my dual band one with cables now thanks to case orientation and a vga->hdmi converter to be able to use the included right angle extension. Cable management was smooth sailing and fun even with non-modular psu and temps are actualy better than a previous build in sharkoon qb one, by a few degrees. Overall im verry happy with the build and the case itself, Michael did god's work on it. Happy holidays and joyful new year!

Spook

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
What are people's opinions on the best AMD cooler for this case? The c7 is effectively unavailable at this point in time so it's out of the running and the blackridge both doesn't have a stateside distributor and requires the use of vlp ram. Does that leave the L9a/i only?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
What are people's opinions on the best AMD cooler for this case? The c7 is effectively unavailable at this point in time so it's out of the running and the blackridge both doesn't have a stateside distributor and requires the use of vlp ram. Does that leave the L9a/i only?
According to dancase users (same cpu cooler height as velka5) C7 is a no go as it is too close to panel and makes a lot of noise. Black ridge is best but price, availability and compability are issues.

Best for everyone would be l9 with fan duct. I am getting max 70 while gaming on my 3600X.