Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

djbenxnyc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 4, 2019
Amazing build, what's your temps ?
I just hit the reality check (107C) with my 9900k yesterday and Alpenfohn Black Ridge
since i am running the Ryzen 1700 on the Nocuta NH_L9A and it is not recommended for overclocking, so on stock the peak temp for the package is at 78C and GPU is at 88C after 30mins on heaven benchmark.

BenRedic77

Cable Smoosher
Oct 14, 2019
Note to Velka 5 Buyers / Owners: The X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi does not fit in the Velka 5 without Modifying the Case. Someone said so too earlier and showed pictures of moding the case. I can now also Confirm that it does not fit!

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Which is incidentally a terribly written article, with grammatical errors as well as factual inaccuracies about the case...

Yeah. I just skimmed through it, and it was pretty bad... I really hope my 170mm Gigabyte 1660 Super can fit the 142mm max dimension on the GPU.

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
Anyone with a Velka 5, is there enough width at the rear to mount/ziptie an 80mm fan to the exterior of the perforated area? Thinking I might set up a fan as exhaust so that negative pressure will have air constantly coming in through the side panels.

drsanty

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 3, 2019
Does anyone else have their Velka stuck on „pre-shipment“ on the usps site?

Yes, our two Velka 3 cases are stuck in "pre-shipment" since December 4th...
We paid for faster shipment, but that doesn't seem to have changed things. Is this normal?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Note to Velka 5 Buyers / Owners: The X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi does not fit in the Velka 5 without Modifying the Case. Someone said so too earlier and showed pictures of moding the case. I can now also Confirm that it does not fit!
This is certaintly not true, I fit my X570I Aorus into the Velka 5 without modding case or mobo. I hope this time I do remember to post pictures after getting off work.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
If you are outside of the United States and ordered more than one case or paid for faster shipping, USPS may not have scanned your package. I am currently looking into this.

Philip85

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 9, 2019
Great little case, just watched the Linus video.

Has anyone here tested this PSU on it? What's your opinion?

Julk

Case Bender
Nov 3, 2019
Ok, i hipe Simeone can help me in dime USPS, (English is not my mother language, so, forgive some syntax AND grammar horrors)

I bought a Velka3 case AND It Easy shipped on december 4, and usos try yo deliver this saturday

Im in México, i live in Monterrey, México...
I send the parcel to a forwarding service addres for they to send me the case to México (custom, taxes and those annoying things), these service doenst open in Saturday (as they tell me these today), now, USPS un their tracking page say "action nedeed" to me to reschedule the delivery, when i fill the page and hit ok, the page say i need yo retrieve the package personaly (as im in México, going tho the US, ay lest these weeks Is imposible, maybe January)

So, i call Merkalink (the forwarding service) and they toll me, "this happen but usos must try yo deliver a 2nd time, dont worry".. i "try" (many times) but USPS didnt answer

I nedeed the Case for this Saturday, but maybe that ships already leave, ok nada luck to me, but now, i dont know if usos try to deliver today ir not, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Thanks

x01

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
An issue has been recently identified with the Velka 5 rev 1.1's card support, which may not work well with all graphics cards and result in some drooping. I am currently working on a solution in the form of a metal support piece that will be ready to ship around late November. If your Velka 5 is expected to ship in late November-early December, a metal piece for this will be included with your case.

Those of you who want this fixed as soon as possible and have access to a 3D printer or a 3D printing service such as 3DHubs or Xometry may download a 3D printable file here and use this 4 mm thick piece to support the IO bracket of the graphics card. It has 8 mm spacing between holes and is designed to be easy to make.

Anyone can explain how to use this?