Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

BoiseTech

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2019
@VELKASE Michael - I expressed interest when you had the mesh side panels on Hard Forum. I ended up passing at the time. But wanted to let you know I just bought a Velka 3 and Velka 5 last week. Excited to get them :)

Reactions: rfarmer

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

If you have already placed an order, please check your email inboxes for an update regarding your order.

New shipping dates are posted on the pre-order page.

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Hi Michael, just recieved the email.

Just to clarify: I ordered a Velka 5, black with riser. So I just need to email you with my order number and desired finish of the sides?

Can I check if you have a picture of the Velka with brushed aluminium sides? If not, do you know if the brush stroke run vertically or horizontally with the case?

Thanks

Limetka

Cable Smoosher
Aug 1, 2019

Just to clarify: I ordered a Velka 5, black with riser. So I just need to email you with my order number and desired finish of the sides?

Can I check if you have a picture of the Velka with brushed aluminium sides? If not, do you know if the brush stroke run vertically or horizontally with the case?

Thanks
Would love the preview aswel, its easier than googling brushed and sandblasted aluminium images.

Reactions: Nightblade

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018

Thanks

Would love the preview aswel, its easier than googling brushed and sandblasted aluminium images.

Yes, please let me know your preference for side panel finish. Either using the same email used to place the order or including the order number in your email would be sufficient.

I do not have any photos of cases assembled with brushed panels at this moment, but the stroke/ grain direction is vertical like it is on the front panel. Here are photos of the individual parts.

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
Hi Michael,
Since now there is a choice of panels, can I change my color for Velka 5 now? The brushed silver side panel looks great. I ordered a black one in Early October.
By the way, can this PSU fit into the Velka 3?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Kdrs0122

Caliper Novice
Aug 28, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer...

What is the max psu height for a Velka 3?

I love the case and am curious to see if I could use an external psu like a pico or G-Unique and fit a small aio rad in that bottom section. Thanks!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer...

What is the max psu height for a Velka 3?

I love the case and am curious to see if I could use an external psu like a pico or G-Unique and fit a small aio rad in that bottom section. Thanks!

40.5 mm

Hi Michael,
Since now there is a choice of panels, can I change my color for Velka 5 now? The brushed silver side panel looks great. I ordered a black one in Early October.
By the way, can this PSU fit into the Velka 3?
Thanks.

Color can be changed, but all gray and silver cases are sold out until the second shipment around November 29

That power supply will not fit into the Velka 3, sorry.

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
40.5 mm

Color can be changed, but all gray and silver cases are sold out until the second shipment around November 29

That power supply will not fit into the Velka 3, sorry.
Is it because of the full module part it has? What is the max PSU length for Velka 3? Thanks.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Will there be a way to specify the panel finish during a new pre-order ?? - or is it only for existing pre-orders ?? :)

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Will there be a way to specify the panel finish during a new pre-order ?? - or is it only for existing pre-orders ?? :)

It's mostly for existing pre-orders, so if you are to pre-order in the future, then most likely only the original configuration of brushed front panel and sandblasted side panels will be available as seen on all videos and photos online.

Whenever you place an order, there is a field to leave a message during checkout where you could potentially ask something like that, I just can't guarantee it.

Reactions: sid21177

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
Maximum length is 150 mm
Hi Michael,
Sorry to bother you again. I read through some of the threads and found you said that ENP-7660B is the best PSU for Velka 3. Also, you said there will be 183mm of clearance inside the case. The one I have is 170mm total with modular cables. Will this fit? If not, is it because of the power button or any other reasons?
Thanks.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Michael,
Sorry to bother you again. I read through some of the threads and found you said that ENP-7660B is the best PSU for Velka 3. Also, you said there will be 183mm of clearance inside the case. The one I have is 170mm total with modular cables. Will this fit? If not, is it because of the power button or any other reasons?
Thanks.

Yes, the power button takes up about 20 mm of space and the modular interface will interfere with it. The only way it will fit is if you replace the button with your own that takes up less space.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
It's mostly for existing pre-orders, so if you are to pre-order in the future, then most likely only the original configuration of brushed front panel and sandblasted side panels will be available as seen on all videos and photos online.

Whenever you place an order, there is a field to leave a message during checkout where you could potentially ask something like that, I just can't guarantee it.

Would you shift to brushed side panels as default in the future - or would that raise the price of the case(s) ??
I'm curious if this is like a bonus for early adopters (understandable) or a long term vision

I have to say the brushed panels look fantastic ?

Last edited:

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Hi Michael,
Sorry to bother you again. I read through some of the threads and found you said that ENP-7660B is the best PSU for Velka 3.

The default PSU model you mention is 150mm non-modular - so it will fit. The modded version you are showing will not coz it is now outside the flex-atx specs, unless you make power switch changes

Hope this helps

Reactions: dzjlimit

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
The default PSU model you mention is 150mm non-modular - so it will fit. The modded version you are showing will not coz it is now outside the flex-atx specs, unless you make power switch changes

Hope this helps
Thanks for explaining, do you know if there is any power button that is compatible and slim enough?