Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

AZengus

Cable Smoosher
Aug 5, 2019
Hi

Looking to pick up a Velka 3 shipped to the UK.

How essential are the case fans?

Planned build is Silverstone 350W Flex w/ 3600 and RTX 2060, with M2 SSD + possibly 2x additional SSDs. Wondering if can get away without (can go none-NVME M2 to keep temperatures down).

Thanks.

I was debating this myself - my build is almost identical - but I waited until it was finished to see how thermals were.

My Ryzen 3600 runs around 60C under (actual) heavy load, maxed around ~70C in Prime95 benchmark... switching to "Quiet" cooling profile on my motherboard showed negligible changes in temperature, but noise dropped to almost inaudible (I'm about 3ft away from the case). NVMe runs cool - but my motherboard is the ASUS B450-I which has a heat sink for one of the m.2 slots.

YMMV if you plan for using any other processor, but I don't think I'm going to install case fans in this one. I am leaving that space open though, which might be helping with the thermals.

Reactions: temp_gandalf

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
Well... It's been 10 hours after the case arrived... I got off the work and started assembling the case... It took me nearly 2 hours to complete it since I'm not used to build mini itx PC's... This is my first one, and all I can say it, this case is worth every penny, every spent minute to assemble!!!

I have never seen a better or smaller case, yet that poweful. All praises go to @VELKASE Michael the creator of the case.

Well done and good job Michael, keep up the good work!

DrummerMuppet

Efficiency Noob
Sep 5, 2019
Well... It's been 10 hours after the case arrived... I got off the work and started assembling the case... It took me nearly 2 hours to complete it since I'm not used to build mini itx PC's... This is my first one, and all I can say it, this case is worth every penny, every spent minute to assemble!!!

I have never seen a better or smaller case, yet that poweful. All praises go to @VELKASE Michael the creator of the case.

Well done and good job Michael, keep up the good work!

So, where are the pics? :p Also, mind sharing your setup?

hextanerf

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2019
So... Velka 5 users, what CPU coolers are you using right now? Is anyone cooling a Ryzen 5 2600X in the case? I'm planning to get Velka 5 but I'm stuck on the CPU cooler.

rapidshrub

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I was debating this myself - my build is almost identical - but I waited until it was finished to see how thermals were.

My Ryzen 3600 runs around 60C under (actual) heavy load, maxed around ~70C in Prime95 benchmark... switching to "Quiet" cooling profile on my motherboard showed negligible changes in temperature, but noise dropped to almost inaudible (I'm about 3ft away from the case). NVMe runs cool - but my motherboard is the ASUS B450-I which has a heat sink for one of the m.2 slots.

YMMV if you plan for using any other processor, but I don't think I'm going to install case fans in this one. I am leaving that space open though, which might be helping with the thermals.

What cooler are you using on the 3600?

My temps have not been so great with 3600 and Black Ridge set up to exhaust. I'm about to switch the fan to intake to see how that helps my temps. I'm getting temps in the mid 80's in the VK-5 with my setup current setup. I know it isn't the case because I've gotten the same results in another case with several case fans.

ssun

Efficiency Noob
New User
Aug 12, 2019
Amazing stuff! Can you post pics once you assemble the case? I will do so as well. I'm surprised that there aren't any youtube reviews on Velka 3/5/7 cases yet.

The only review I saw is from the old case Velka M.

Currently I needed to open one of the side because still I have 3.5 " disks.

3700x + Cryorig C7G + Aorus x570

From my experience of this assembling, 3.5" disk is a pretty not good choice for Velka 5 unless you have curved SATA connector or power cable's. And believe the best way to deal with storage is to have NVME for this kind of case because of the wiring is the issue. And the place to install SSD near the power button, - it turned out quite hard to assemble with other parts together. I ended up to leave it, So, I think best choice for storage is to mount only SSD(s) in drive bay not any other place. or just go to NVME.

And, when you assemble the case if you have x570,
1) IO shield on the X570 is not detachable, and the case is slightly not fit with X570 io panel but somehow you can put it.
2) And when you install mother board tray to the wall, also consider to put the gpu guide(used to screw to pc case) same time, I also took a time to do it.

Overall, I am happy with that case, just the cpu cooler is a little bit more noise than built-in Prism cooler.

I will replace it with NF-A12x15 PWM once it is arrived with other thermal paste.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
3700x + Cryorig C7G + Aorus x570
And, when you assemble the case if you have x570,
1) IO shield on the X570 is not detachable, and the case is slightly not fit with X570 io panel but somehow you can put it.

Any chance you could share any more details or photos of the motherboard IO shield issue?
Do you think it could be earlier then the date you have written on your site? "Expected ship date: October 23 "

It is possible.

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
So, where are the pics? Also, mind sharing your setup?

I'll post them today once I get off the work :D.. I wasn't home for the weekend. The case and thermals are amazing.

The setup is as follows:

GPU: Zotac AMP GTX 1660TI - mini itx version
CPU: i5 8500 @4.1GHz
PSU: fsp400-60fggba
RAM: 2x8GB Kingston @3200MHz kit - CL16
Mobo: Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
Case: Velka 3 + 2 x 8010 case fans
Cpu cooler: Noctua NH L9-i

GPU is OC'ed as follows:

- 850mV on core - @2050 MHz core frequency
- Memory is OC'ed by 1400MHz -

Temps under full load for the GPU are 63-67 degrees - depending on the ambient temperature

Reactions: DrummerMuppet

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I see we're on rev 1.2 for Velka 3 - what changes can we expect ??

The possibility of support for DC-ATX power supplies with external AC-DC adapters and 2 mm extra maximum graphics card length. There will not be any changes to existing features or the current appearance of the case yet.

AZengus

Cable Smoosher
Aug 5, 2019
What cooler are you using on the 3600?

My temps have not been so great with 3600 and Black Ridge set up to exhaust. I'm about to switch the fan to intake to see how that helps my temps. I'm getting temps in the mid 80's in the VK-5 with my setup current setup. I know it isn't the case because I've gotten the same results in another case with several case fans.

The NH L9a; as far as I'm aware that's the only heatsink that will fit in the VK-3. I currently have overclock disabled in mine, what about yours?