Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Maybe this was just the first batch and hopefully more cases will be added very soon. But i do agree with the pre-order option.

From the site:
"Remaining cases with defects may be available in late January at discounted rates in more colors."

Also, the riser cable being sold separately for $30 extra kinda sucks as well. I'd wager there's a good reason for it, but from the outside observer it just looks like they're trying to make $30 extra. Don't offer the bundle and tell me it's "sold out" if you have both parts.

Reactions: maxdfw

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
I think there's some confusion over people wanting 3s and 5s. The black 3 was sold out instantly with the other colours available a bit longer, while the black 5 was the only one left after the first 2 minutes. No riser bundle and no gpu support bracket was just a step too far though.
At the moment, Velka 3 is completely sold out while Velka 5 is available with all colors along with the riser and fans.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
[SNIP] while the black 5 was the only one left after the first 2 minutes.

If I understand the text on the page, the 5 was only available in black this time around.

No riser bundle and no gpu support bracket was just a step too far though.

This is I agree with. Especially as the riser is in stock. If you want to pay $40.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
What the hell... I was sitting there refreshing the page and then had a meeting to come back to no stock... @VELKASE Michael I think there needs to be a way to pre-order ahead of time because I feel like a lot of people patiently waiting for these to go on sale just missed out entirely on this run!

Any idea when more will be available or how we can maybe go down for a case in the next batch? Was super excited to order one....

Reactions: Skarum

kimchiman31

Efficiency Noob
Jan 4, 2020
I bought a Belka 5 and succeeded.
I didn't buy riser cable because I live in Korea and it's better to buying here.
But finding a 300mm cable was a little difficult.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I bought a Belka 5 and succeeded.
I didn't buy riser cable because I live in Korea and it's better to buying here.
But finding a 300mm cable was a little difficult.
From the look of it Phanteks's Flat Line 300mm Riser Cable should work and is pretty easy to find - it's a 300mm D-type

Reactions: Twiddle

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I have this crazy idea to watercool the Velka 3:

Bear with me -- you get a 2x80mm rad (Alphacool makes one), you get the Eisbear LT waterblock/pump (only 39mm in height), you power the case with a G-Unique 450W so you have the basement empty. You flip the case upside down and mount 2 NF-A8 80mm fans in exhaust on the bottom (now top), you mount the radiator externally on top and you route the tubes through the the PSU hole -- you could even drill 2 holes with a stepdrill through the HDPlex plate, so it looks nicer. Voila, you can cool a 3950X or 9900K, even X299. It'll add about 0.5L of volume (not counting the external brick). You can use some low profile plastic grills to protect the fins.

I guess at that point you're 1L short of the Velka 5, which fits a full GPU, SFX PSU and you can (mostly) cool a 9900K or 3900X/3950X with a C7 Cu + A4x14, so I don't know if it makes sense, but it would sure be a really cool build. I wanna try it, just not sure it's going to be in the budget this year... But I extend the challenge to someone who has the resources/parts to try (OptimumTech?)

Reactions: maxdfw

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
What the hell... I was sitting there refreshing the page and then had a meeting to come back to no stock... @VELKASE Michael I think there needs to be a way to pre-order ahead of time because I feel like a lot of people patiently waiting for these to go on sale just missed out entirely on this run!

Any idea when more will be available or how we can maybe go down for a case in the next batch? Was super excited to order one....

I've just about given up on ever getting one because of this. I've tried on 2 preorder/restocks now.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Oh great - the website has been updated to note the defective cases available late Jan are US only... I want this case but my god has it been a challenge. The messages keep contradicting themselves - like "Pre-orders will be available January 5" then comes and goes with no pre-order, site goes down and then comes back up with pre-orders disabled and everything sold in minutes for those who managed to get on it soon enough.

What is the issue with taking pre-orders ahead of the next batch so people can actually guarantee themselves a case?

Last edited:

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Oh great - the website has been updated to note the defective cases available late Jan are US only... I want this case but my god has the batch communication and online store for it been shit poor. The messages keep contradicting themselves - like "Pre-orders will be available January 5" then comes and goes with no pre-order, site goes down and then comes back up with pre-orders disabled and everything sold in minutes for those who managed to get on it soon enough.

What is the issue with taking pre-orders ahead of the next batch so people can actually guarantee themselves a case?
I had no issues on the pre-orders for my second batch V5, maybe the demand has been too high and stress is taking a toll.

kimchiman31

Efficiency Noob
Jan 4, 2020
Hopefully it works - I like the look of those rubber sleeved risers but I'm not sure if that's at the cost of any flexibility
The 300mm Riser cable has just arrived.
It's rubber-sealing, but flexibility is good enough.
Now when velka 5 arrives, the preparations are complete.
I paid more for the delivery to get a quick delivery. It's a pleasant wait.

Reactions: ChinStrap and Tazpr

oldmonk

Caliper Novice
Dec 26, 2018
Oh great - the website has been updated to note the defective cases available late Jan are US only... I want this case but my god has it been a challenge. The messages keep contradicting themselves - like "Pre-orders will be available January 5" then comes and goes with no pre-order, site goes down and then comes back up with pre-orders disabled and everything sold in minutes for those who managed to get on it soon enough.

Pre-orders were available most of December, I was indecisive and lingering on the site before finally placing my pre-order late December and not sure if I got lucky but it shipped around a week later. I was ready to wait a few weeks. Does seem like demand >> supply though, it's unlikely that Michael isn't trying to find ways to increase production.