Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

kaloyster

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2021
Taobao booking is the price is not including the PCIE extension cable.
Will you update the Taobao pricing to also give out an option with PCIE extension cable?

Also, the first (and I think only) video build I seen with your MQ5 is over at "foni" 's YouTube channel. How did he/she get one so early? Are you him/her?

Reactions: scatterforce

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Ouch.

Is it even somehow possible to just place a single 2.5 SSD below the motherboard space down there? I can't afford to lose an additional separated drive.
I don't know if you want to buy MQ5 or MQ6.
If you want to buy the MQ5 then I recommend the AXP90 cooler, it won't interfere with your hard drive installation.
If you want to buy MQ6, you can consider use the Black Ridge with a 12015 fan, then you will be able to install 1 7mm thick hard drive.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Will you update the Taobao pricing to also give out an option with PCIE extension cable?

Also, the first (and I think only) video build I seen with your MQ5 is over at "foni" 's YouTube channel. How did he/she get one so early? Are you him/her?
I have added the package that includes PCIE cables on Taobao yesterday.
This video was taken by a friend of mine who borrowed my development version sample.

Reactions: Sziklapeti

kaloyster

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2021
If you want to buy the MQ5 then I recommend the AXP90 cooler, it won't interfere with your hard drive installation.
If you want to buy MQ6, you can consider use the Black Ridge with a 12015 fan, then you will be able to install 1 7mm thick hard drive.
Originally I wanted to buy the MQ5 because it's just near in dimension (and fit) on my current K39.

But I wanted to utilize my Black Ridge to the fullest by using dual 120 fans on both ends (currently I'm using a 90mm on the inside of it) so the clearance of MQ6 suits me better, as well as putting another 120mm on top for exhaust. But I really need to put at least one piece of SSD anywhere in the case for my dual boot purposes.

kaloyster

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2021
Ok I figured it out and I want to ask you something.

MQ6's cooler clearance is 72mm.
- Black Ridge's total height is 47mm. That's having a 15mm cooler underneath. So I can add another 15mm cooler (preferably the Noctua a12x15) on top of it and it will total to 62mm cooler height. Will that height on the MQ6 work and I can still add a SSD or two?

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
This is hands down the most beautiful itx case I've ever seen. I backed the Dan A4, Ghost S1, got a Velka, and am back with a Dan A4 and just wow! I might have to buy the MQ6 when it is released. Holy sexiness.
Sparrow is already in production.

Reactions: Ca11idus

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Ok I figured it out and I want to ask you something.

MQ6's cooler clearance is 72mm.
- Black Ridge's total height is 47mm. That's having a 15mm cooler underneath. So I can add another 15mm cooler (preferably the Noctua a12x15) on top of it and it will total to 62mm cooler height. Will that height on the MQ6 work and I can still add a SSD or two?
As I told you before, when you use a 12015 fan on the cooler, you can install a 7mm thick hard drive.
Only 1 hard drive can be installed.

Reactions: scatterforce

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
He said if you pre-order now it'll ship 90 days after.
I get it. I guess I should have said that I would probably buy one when he had one in stock ready to ship if I were to buy one later down the road. A.K.A. no preorders or reservations for the product.

This has gotten a little complicated. I will bow out of this conversation now.

kaloyster

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2021
I get it. I guess I should have said that I would probably buy one when he had one in stock ready to ship if I were to buy one later down the road. A.K.A. no preorders or reservations for the product.

This has gotten a little complicated. I will bow out of this conversation now.
Yes that's the thing that got me thinking twice about this whole ordeal.

I hope that after the 90day pre-production he has enough stock so buyers can purchase one and gets shipped out quickly.

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
Yes that's the thing that got me thinking twice about this whole ordeal.

I hope that after the 90day pre-production he has enough stock so buyers can purchase one and gets shipped out quickly.
Yeah, I just worry about any hiccups that may arise. That is a 90-day period before the shipment. Then the shipment itself will take a another couple of weeks. PayPal has a 180 day protection but that is still so far out. I don't have any components save the heatsink and gpus are impossible to get much less one that will fit in this cool little case.

COOJ

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Yeah, I just worry about any hiccups that may arise. That is a 90-day period before the shipment. Then the shipment itself will take a another couple of weeks. PayPal has a 180 day protection but that is still so far out. I don't have any components save the heatsink and gpus are impossible to get much less one that will fit in this cool little case.
I will offer inventory for sale after the first shipment is produced, so it's the same if you buy now or wait until it's in stock.