Prototype SFFtime presents: U-ITX - 7L lightweight console case that fits 3slot GPUs

NAKED_GOOSE

Case Bender
New User
Mar 26, 2024
Hi,
I noticed in the OP you say that the front mask can be offset with standoffs, is there a physical limit to how far you can offset the mask?

is the case still planned for release Q2 this year?

NAKED_GOOSE

Case Bender
New User
Mar 26, 2024
that's great news,
Sadly we don't get the Nvidia FE models down here so having the option to use some AIB cards (even if it looks a little daft) is fantastic

Reactions: riba2233

King_Kea

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2020
Really looking forward to seeing this come out! I currently own an SFX power supply, an L9a and a 3060ti XC, but all the cases I'm looking at thus far tend to either be too big, offer features I won't use or are ugly. This seems like it would be a good fit for me though.
Any idea how much (rough estimate) this would cost to ship to NZ once released?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Really looking forward to seeing this come out! I currently own an SFX power supply, an L9a and a 3060ti XC, but all the cases I'm looking at thus far tend to either be too big, offer features I won't use or are ugly. This seems like it would be a good fit for me though.
Any idea how much (rough estimate) this would cost to ship to NZ once released?

hopefully not too much, I am aiming at sub 2kg for the whole package which would mean less than 20 dollars for shipping cost :)

King_Kea

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2020
hopefully not too much, I am aiming at sub 2kg for the whole package which would mean less than 20 dollars for shipping cost :)
That sounds good! I've been looking at potential upgrade options and most of them have pretty absurd shipping costs to NZ. At 7L and maybe $20 USD shipping... Sounds pretty damn perfect :D

Really looking forward to this being released!

King_Kea

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2020
Random question, but have you done any renders to see about a variation of the U-itx for shorter GPUs and the HDplex 500w?
I've got a 3060ti XC and I'm wondering how small it could go if it was limited like this.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Random question, but have you done any renders to see about a variation of the U-itx for shorter GPUs and the HDplex 500w?
I've got a 3060ti XC and I'm wondering how small it could go if it was limited like this.
Not really sorry, trying to limit myself at at least sfx psus, I have done something with flex but it is still pretty limiting imho.

King_Kea

Cable Smoosher
Aug 21, 2020
Not really sorry, trying to limit myself at at least sfx psus, I have done something with flex but it is still pretty limiting imho.
Yeah, that makes sense 😅
Thanks for taking the time to respond though.

Honestly, I kind of miss my first build in the K39 V2. I mean, flex and a short GPU were a pain in the butt, but man, SFF is a drug! Going that small really spoiled even my 15L meshlicious for me haha

Last edited: