Prototype SFFtime presents: U-ITX - 7L lightweight console case that fits 3slot GPUs

zouldier

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2023
Can you advise where is the power button located for this case? I've been trying to figure it out from the early photos but couldn't find it.

liverpoole

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2024
Looking forward to this case and any idea on price ballpark?

Question for all: for an ITX build to be used for work & gaming, what will your part list look like for this case and is there a carry on back pack that can house this, along with other peripherals????

alaskanfut

Case Bender
New User
Jan 9, 2024
Completely unfamiliar with the costs associated with manufacturing such a case. Any guidance on the price and availability?

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
Oh, this is perfect. I've been getting by with a modified FTZ01e such that the card can face outwards, but this does it perfectly. Can't wait for it to release.

Gonna see if I can cram watercooling into it too ;)

Reactions: MarcParis

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Sorry everyone idk what happened here, I didn't receive any notifications so I will reply now.

Can you advise where is the power button located for this case? I've been trying to figure it out from the early photos but couldn't find it.

On the bottom, same as on all my other cases :)

have little worry about the strength of 1mm aluminum panel

Pieces are a bit flimsy by themselves but I designed it in a way that it is plenty sturdy once assembled, and to be as light as possible.

Looking forward to this case and any idea on price ballpark?

Question for all: for an ITX build to be used for work & gaming, what will your part list look like for this case and is there a carry on back pack that can house this, along with other peripherals????

Thanks, it should be a bit less than P-ATX but with much cheaper shipping.

Completely unfamiliar with the costs associated with manufacturing such a case. Any guidance on the price and availability?

For the price look at the previos quote, and for the availability I really hope Q2.

Akieza7

Case Bender
New User
Jan 17, 2024
Hi I just want to say that I really like this project and I do want to purchase it when it launches I didn't have a good enouth financial situation when sentry was launched and therefor I just haven't been able to purchase any other console layout case other than my node 202.
Being able to downsise to 7L will be a huge deal and allow me to carry my desktop more often. I also really like the small cpu cooler 3 slot gpu design we have cpus that are so efficient that it just make a lot of sense and I don't like the way that a lot of sff case have evoled by becoming a lot bigger.
Anyway I just wanted to express my full support and also wanted to ask you about shipping cost in Europe

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi I just want to say that I really like this project and I do want to purchase it when it launches I didn't have a good enouth financial situation when sentry was launched and therefor I just haven't been able to purchase any other console layout case other than my node 202.
Being able to downsise to 7L will be a huge deal and allow me to carry my desktop more often. I also really like the small cpu cooler 3 slot gpu design we have cpus that are so efficient that it just make a lot of sense and I don't like the way that a lot of sff case have evoled by becoming a lot bigger.
Anyway I just wanted to express my full support and also wanted to ask you about shipping cost in Europe

Thanks, glad you like it! Shipping cost should be (weirdly) same for the whole world f everything works out like I imagined, in 20-30$ range.

Reactions: Akieza7

Sj_b

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 17, 2024
I saw in another reply that you were expecting to launch it around Q2 2024, if I signed up for emails on your website, will I get a notification when it becomes available? I'm very excited for this, it will be perfect for my needs and I don't want to miss out on it!

alaskanfut

Case Bender
New User
Jan 9, 2024
Thanks, glad you like it! Shipping cost should be (weirdly) same for the whole world f everything works out like I imagined, in 20-30$ range.
Does that include shipping to Australia? I know it can be quite out of the way for a lot of shipping services and thus more expensive.

wombinchen

Efficiency Noob
Jul 12, 2019
Love the concept. ❤️

For me personally, weirdly the biggest gripe I have with this is the hidden power button. I respect the decision to keep the front visually clean. But for me this might actually be a bit too much of a compromise in the category "functional design" in favor of "visual design".

I can live relatively easily without front I/O. I would still prefer to have front I/O rather than not have it, but it's not super-important to me. The hidden power button really rubs me the wrong way, though. I want "someone else" to be able to turn on the computer without having to ask how. 🙈

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Love the concept. ❤️

For me personally, weirdly the biggest gripe I have with this is the hidden power button. I respect the decision to keep the front visually clean. But for me this might actually be a bit too much of a compromise in the category "functional design" in favor of "visual design".

I can live relatively easily without front I/O. I would still prefer to have front I/O rather than not have it, but it's not super-important to me. The hidden power button really rubs me the wrong way, though. I want "someone else" to be able to turn on the computer without having to ask how. 🙈
On/Off button is not so hidden, it is just on below face.

Reactions: riba2233

liverpoole

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2024
On/Off button is not so hidden, it is just on below face.

Love the concept. ❤️

You make valid points and yes it can get annoying when your family members can't find power button

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
I'm coming back to this Thread twice or three times a week. I like this case very much.

I was just looking at your layout and I'm asking myself, why didn't you turn the GPU just around (upside down). So you have the Mainboard Slot and GPU PCIe interface right next to each other and you could take a very short riser cable?

My use case would be just ITX + 4090 FE.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm coming back to this Thread twice or three times a week. I like this case very much.

I was just looking at your layout and I'm asking myself, why didn't you turn the GPU just around (upside down). So you have the Mainboard Slot and GPU PCIe interface right next to each other and you could take a very short riser cable?

My use case would be just ITX + 4090 FE.

Glad you like it!

I don't like that layout, it is worse for thermals, harder to manufacture (more expensive), and short risers are harder to find.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Thanks for the fast reply.

Good to know. I thought its just a "turning" thing but it sounds like there are more downsides than your starting design.

Can't wait to have one in my hands. :)

Reactions: riba2233

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Glad you like it!

I don't like that layout, it is worse for thermals, harder to manufacture (more expensive), and short risers are harder to find.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Good to know. I thought its just a "turning" thing but it sounds like there are more downsides than your starting design.

Can't wait to have one in my hands. :)

Basically it is design of NFC S4 mini or Node 202 (CPU & GPU in opposite direction). Having tested both setups, having CPU & GPU (either CL530 either N-ATX) in the same direction is WAY, WAY better in terms of cooling efficiency. Intake on one side of the case, Exhaust on the other...simply efficient!

zouldier

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2023
Can I/O shield for the motherboards be accommodated in this case or is this designed to have that portion exposed by default?