Prototype SFFtime presents: U-ITX - 7L lightweight console case that fits 3slot GPUs

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2022
Could this easily be made PIO compatible with EG B360-PIO board? And/or compatible with Jiushark JF13K? I know that is a bit of Z height, but good cooling might be worth it. Edit: my apologies, it looks like what I probably wanted was a N-ATX with PIO support. I'll likely be doing a custom DIY case build at some point.

Re: front IO

This could be easily solved by some 'cooling slots' that could be repurposed as front panel IO or power button/Status LED. With nothing in them they look good and serve as cooling, but can accommodate standard "dual USB jacks" and/or a panel mount USB-C, possibly with a 3d Print to hold them and their mounting screws. If the 3d print would cover the hole a standard step-drill could be used at the assembly time. Or standard drill and a file.

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Noticing the HDPLEX 400W unit in the renders, would you be able to fit the newly annouced HDPLEX 500W GAN unit in the U-ITX?

Looks like it fits, but it will lower the clearance for the GPU a bit:

exclipse

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 23, 2023
Hey there, this case looks amazing! Such a snug fit with everything.

Do you have a timeline (however vague) for a release? Am looking to build a system soon-ish (Autumn) and am exploring options.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey there, this case looks amazing! Such a snug fit with everything.

Do you have a timeline (however vague) for a release? Am looking to build a system soon-ish (Autumn) and am exploring options.
Thanks! :)

Should be in around two months lets say, if something changes I will write here for sure.

synergism

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 3, 2023
Very nice looking case! Can you please confirm the maximum GPU dimensions that will fit when using the standoffs?

Thinking about the MSI Ventus 4090 at 322mm length and 63mm width, since the FE aren’t available where I am.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Very nice looking case! Can you please confirm the maximum GPU dimensions that will fit when using the standoffs?

Thinking about the MSI Ventus 4090 at 322mm length and 63mm width, since the FE aren’t available where I am.

With included ones 326, but you can always use longer ones. I was aiming for 4090 ventus compatibility but would like for someone to confirm it. So if someone has that gpu, you can pm me :)

Deathrow

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2020
Looks good, I tried to do my own for my son, who travels to me with his pc, well was a NFC design which was made slightly bigger to fit a 55mm cpu cooler. I had 1 made, biggest struggle was gpu riser is a small space. I was using a id cooling is55 which seemed to struggle on a 5600x. Well i stuck it in the cupboard and put his components back into the ncase.

SkorpioNElite

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2021
What kind of rubber do you use to prevent the case from moving. In the rendered images the case foot is plane.

Something like the Self-Stick Rubber Anti-Skid Pad from 3M?

Also, are the LinkUp riser cables compatible?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
What kind of rubber do you use to prevent the case from moving. In the rendered images the case foot is plane.

Something like the Self-Stick Rubber Anti-Skid Pad from 3M?

Also, are the LinkUp riser cables compatible?

Hi, I usually use these feet for all my cases:

Regarding risers, only the ones with a really short bottom PCB are compatible. This includes some ADT ones and JHH gen4 ones.

Apple713

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2023
I'm really looking forward to this case because it fits everything I'd want and could realistically upgrade to in a thin footprint. I've been looking at a couple of other console cases but they a little more difficult to come by or get ahold of and I'm hoping this might be available soon at a better price point? Do you know when it'll be available? and for how much?

These are the other console cases in the 7L range with the 1st one being most similar I think.
SLM3 7.5L rev.5
ZS-LRTX
HZMOD XQ69
Sliger CL520

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm really looking forward to this case because it fits everything I'd want and could realistically upgrade to in a thin footprint. I've been looking at a couple of other console cases but they a little more difficult to come by or get ahold of and I'm hoping this might be available soon at a better price point? Do you know when it'll be available? and for how much?

These are the other console cases in the 7L range with the 1st one being most similar I think.
SLM3 7.5L rev.5
ZS-LRTX
HZMOD XQ69
Sliger CL520

Hi, glad you like the case! Don't have final pricing and availability info yet, but imho this case will be preferable to the other ones you listed, otherwise I wouldn't even be releasing it :)

Reactions: DaHans