Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Oh look, now we have gen5 risers, how nice...

They *just* need some repeater IC's, a cool little heatsink, and cost 150 bucks 🙄

When will the madness stop?
I just hope the GPUs don't go with this madness, it's been hard enough getting decent PCIe 4.0 risers.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Oh look, now we have gen5 risers, how nice...

They *just* need some repeater IC's, a cool little heatsink, and cost 150 bucks 🙄

When will the madness stop?

I was just reading about pcie 7.0 and 4-slot GPU:s coming. 😟

Different standards (like hole placement and physical size) for risers is already bad, but I don't understand the increased wattage race for GPU:s. It feels like Nvidia started this with the 3000-series, to make sure they had the performance crown, and with the 4000-series they continue even higher, and AMD must follow since the average gamer probably only pay attention to the performance and not the watts. But it is certainly going in the wrong direction. Intel has done the same on the CPU side.

InsertName

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 1, 2022
I was just reading about pcie 7.0 and 4-slot GPU:s coming. 😟

Different standards (like hole placement and physical size) for risers is already bad, but I don't understand the increased wattage race for GPU:s. It feels like Nvidia started this with the 3000-series, to make sure they had the performance crown, and with the 4000-series they continue even higher, and AMD must follow since the average gamer probably only pay attention to the performance and not the watts. But it is certainly going in the wrong direction. Intel has done the same on the CPU side.
I feel like its even crazier that they're expecting the same or even higher msrp since the increased tdp comes with its own share of problems.

Reactions: riba2233

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
liquid metaled my 6800 XT, running it on a 400w bios stock cooler. Peaks at like 105 tjunction(furmark), but 400w is a lot for a 2.5slot cooler to dissipate. Next gen gonna be spooky without water cooling.

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022

Its here!
Very easy build, took me somewhere around 5min
Super happy with the product. Although i did notice now that my gpu is 58mm and not a dual slot card like i thought.
Im running an ATX so im gonna have to figure something out 😅

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
Packaging was great. Sounded like there was nothing inside when i went to pick it up, everything had a very tight fit inside so there was nothing loose that made any sounds.

Heres my awful specs that im actually putting inside this :)
  • Z97 Msi Gaming 7 ATX
  • i5 4690k
  • ASUS RTX 2070
  • Some RAM
  • 5yrs of dust carried over from the last chassi
I did buy some new components to be able to actually proceed with the build.
  • 30€ ID cooling IS50X Thx @riga2233 for the recommendation :D
  • corsair SF750x bought from a friend for 50€

Its not pretty... But its atleast also slow...

Build went alright following the manual, up to the GPU install. For the GPU some serious home bodge job had to be done.
I knew the 2.5slot gpu would not fit but i thought id just run it without the sidepanel. However the shroud hits the edge of the rearpanel not allowing the GPU to be fully rearwards in the case. I flipped the bracket and used some M3 machine screws with a bunch of washers, not ideal...

The bottom mount for the GPU did not work with its downward bracket since the screws didnt align with everything being forward shifted 12mm. Happily the holes align with the bottompanels vent holes. So i just screwed them in without the bracket.

One criticism i found during the build is that the foot is attached to the sidepanels. I hoped it would work with it being attached only to the left sidepanel but it constantly snaps out of the holes on the underside and leans on the table. In order to force the foot to be inside the rectagular holes i 3dprinted a quickfix that ensures they are pushed out and stay inside their holes. They are orange right now because my university were out of white filament.

This is a real budget build since im just moving my crap pc from my old chassi to this chassi which im eventually gonna do a proper build in when i get some money more money.
Dunno if you guys want build posts here but i thought id be great feedback perhaps.

The case is really well manufactured and the paint looks great. I found no issues with fit and finish so your tolerances are good or im just very lucky :D
Only criticism i have is the foot thingy i mentioned and the power button being almost impossible to reach. I think the standoffs have to be 2mm shorter for it to be reachable.

Thank you so much!
//A happy non computer savvy customer

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Awesome feedback, thank you a lot! You actually did a good job with fitting the gpu :D

Stand had to be mounted this way for the case to be invertable, I am fully aware that it is not a perfect solution :|

Power button will be slightly tweaked in the next batch, but if you want to lower it pm me and I will send you shorther standoff or I can tell you how to lower it, I see you know your way around fasteners :)

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
The power button is already lowered with some machine screws ;)
But thank you so much for the offer!

Oooh now i get why theres rectangular holes on top aswell, i thought it was just a manufacturing decision to keep top and bottom identical :D

I also noticed now that the GPU backplate touches my HDD. The GPU is overlapped with the HDD to 15mm. Since the GPU is forward only around 11-12mm means that even a switch to ITX wont allow me to fit this GPU with this HDD in. Or am i missing something? Is there multiple ways to mount 3.5inch drives? GPU should fit with a HDD since its "only" 235mm according to store website. Meassuring myself it comes in to 280 but thats from the GPU mountplate flange.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The power button is already lowered with some machine screws ;)
But thank you so much for the offer!

Oooh now i get why theres rectangular holes on top aswell, i thought it was just a manufacturing decision to keep top and bottom identical :D

I also noticed now that the GPU backplate touches my HDD. The GPU is overlapped with the HDD to 15mm. Since the GPU is forward only around 11-12mm means that even a switch to ITX wont allow me to fit this GPU with this HDD in. Or am i missing something? Is there multiple ways to mount 3.5inch drives? GPU should fit with a HDD since its "only" 235mm according to store website. Meassuring myself it comes in to 280 but thats from the GPU mountplate flange.

Yeah 3.5 hdd can officially fit only with 2slot gpus or 3slot if they are short enough, but yours is a bit too long at 267mm.

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
Damn, i really should check details a little more :D
Oh well its my second pc build and first SFF(ish) build so some issues are to be expected.

I might be able to make a custom bracket for the HDD mounting it further forward and move the SSD on top of the HDD.
Or if thats not enough i can make an angled bracket for the HDD.
Either way I only need around 4mm so something should work.

Json188

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2022

Reporting in with my unit received today, nice case, just gonna love it, but iI did encounter few small things, below is my rig specs for reference.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Mobo: Gigabyte B450i aorus pro wifi
Cooler: ID-cooling IS-60X
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast Fury 3200Mhz 8gb x2
HDD: WesternD Black SN750 1TB
GPU: MSI RTX3070ti Gaming X Trio
PSU: Coolermaster SFX 750W

First issue will be the power extension cord, the cooler is actually pretty much in the way of it. I have to pretty much push the power extension in so that I can screw it down properly, though the final products looks ok, but just something to note for you guys.

Second would be the pcie 4 riser cable, I purchase separately from aliexpress since @riba2233 mentioned to me that it is sold out when I order, I purchase the 20cm length and it is really really too long in my systems, I think 16-17cm would be good enough, I haven't measure it properly but I do think 15cm might also do well. The 20cm is way too long that i have to fold it, but man, it is really really hard to do so as the cable is very tough too. Thus, my back cover is actually have abit of bump as the pcie cable is protuding out.

Third, I think is just suggestion more than issue, maybe @riba2233 can re-design the case in future version to increase the width of the case so maybe it can even fit 3 slot card when using ATX motherboard. I know I know, @riba2233 have N-ATX to fit that criteria. but N-ATX is still too big in terms height and depth though. Well, since future GPU like RTX4000 series already rumoured to have 4-slot card, that's too crazy if @riba2233 still stick to current design though. Just abit suggestion ya.

Anyway, do I need to have higher rank in the forum to edit my post? cz my previous post I mis-submit it without completing the post.

Reactions: thelaughingman

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Reporting in with my unit received today, nice case, just gonna love it, but iI did encounter few small things, below is my rig specs for reference.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Mobo: Gigabyte B450i aorus pro wifi
Cooler: ID-cooling IS-60X
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast Fury 3200Mhz 8gb x2
HDD: WesternD Black SN750 1TB
GPU: MSI RTX3070ti Gaming X Trio
PSU: Coolermaster SFX 750W

First issue will be the power extension cord, the cooler is actually pretty much in the way of it. I have to pretty much push the power extension in so that I can screw it down properly, though the final products looks ok, but just something to note for you guys.

Second would be the pcie 4 riser cable, I purchase separately from aliexpress since @riba2233 mentioned to me that it is sold out when I order, I purchase the 20cm length and it is really really too long in my systems, I think 16-17cm would be good enough, I haven't measure it properly but I do think 15cm might also do well. The 20cm is way too long that i have to fold it, but man, it is really really hard to do so as the cable is very tough too. Thus, my back cover is actually have abit of bump as the pcie cable is protuding out.

Third, I think is just suggestion more than issue, maybe @riba2233 can re-design the case in future version to increase the width of the case so maybe it can even fit 3 slot card when using ATX motherboard. I know I know, @riba2233 have N-ATX to fit that criteria. but N-ATX is still too big in terms height and depth though. Well, since future GPU like RTX4000 series already rumoured to have 4-slot card, that's too crazy if @riba2233 still stick to current design though. Just abit suggestion ya.

Anyway, do I need to have higher rank in the forum to edit my post? cz my previous post I mis-submit it without completing the post.

Yeah you need to have an older account to edit posts.

Glad to see another build, thank you for posting! Regarding your feedback, riser has to be a bit longer to accommodate various motherboard and gpu configurations, it is a bit different in that regard compared to most SFF cases.

Regarding wider P-ATX, imho it would be too close to N-ATX, width would have to be the same and N-ATX is just 2.5cm longer to accommodate ATX psu and 360mm rads which is worth is, and around 1.5cm taller to support longer ATX supplies better.

Also don't be afraid to press the riser a bit at the fold, it shouldn't be a problem. It was the same thing in V2 but this riser has a bit thicker cable.

Json188

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2022
Here's some updates after re-cable management, I think @riba2233 design the case on front panel part this on purpose, I just zip ties the front panel cable to the case as below and looks great, works great too, though I think there could be better execution with the front panel, especially the power button, though current design serve the purpose, just not elegant.

And here's the power extension cord I was talking about, it is literally just bending towards the cooler that way.

As for increasing the width of the case, maybe @riba2233 can design and produce some optional parts, the back panel will definitely need to be redesign though, if you have time. If would say the most thing I concern about the case, this would be the only thing anyway.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here's some updates after re-cable management, I think @riba2233 design the case on front panel part this on purpose, I just zip ties the front panel cable to the case as below and looks great, works great too, though I think there could be better execution with the front panel, especially the power button, though current design serve the purpose, just not elegant.

And here's the power extension cord I was talking about, it is literally just bending towards the cooler that way.

As for increasing the width of the case, maybe @riba2233 can design and produce some optional parts, the back panel will definitely need to be redesign though, if you have time. If would say the most thing I concern about the case, this would be the only thing anyway.
I sell accessory to solve this problem, it lets you run ac extender as a pigtail connector. Not much else I can do about it, no better place for the ac connector tbh.

Good thinking about those zip tie spots, didn't even think of that lol. I will surely steal this idea for my builds :)

Json188

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2022
Yeah, those things is just small concern and note to other owner of the case anyway, not that it would cause anything.
I still love the form factor and design of the case, would be the best for my living room PC.

I have been searching for something like P-atx for quite sometimes.
Have look at silverstone ml08, rvz series, fractal node 202 and even sliger console is on my list too, but those still doesn't really catch my eyes, and your design is the only thing that make me make up my minds to buy all the parts required straightaway when I first saw the review from hardware canucks earlier this year and have been waiting for your stock availability since then.

No regret buying it.
But just that I would still recommend you to consider my suggestion to design optional parts to increase the width of the case, well, 3 slot cards is already pretty mainstream and the standards for gpu these days. I think 4 slot cards might be the standards few years later down the road anyway.
Just that I am not really into ITX motherboards, first is the availability of ITX motherboards in my country is not really that great, if I really need a ITX boards, I probably need to buy it online overseas, which I prefer not to do that unless I seriously need to.
Second is the pricing, man, third is the expandability, those just sucks in ITX motherboards.

btw, like i said, N-ATX is too big for me.