Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Ok guys, I have some important news. First P-ATX V2 review is coming out soon, and here is the link:

So be sure to check it out, I'm very excited for it!
Congrats! And many to come hopefully? Personally I don't put much weight into the guy's opinion since he thinks the SG14 is superior to NR200 LOL but still gonna check the video out later tonight just to see the case in action ?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Congrats! And many to come hopefully? Personally I don't put much weight into the guy's opinion since he thinks the SG14 is superior to NR200 LOL but still gonna check the video out later tonight just to see the case in action ?

Thank you! Yes, hopefully (flashbacks to verge build video lol) but yeah, there will be more ?

I will be in chat when the video premieres, so if anyone wants to hang you are welcome!

Neldum

Cable Smoosher
Jul 17, 2020
Hey riba, do you have a high resolution or vector image of your logo? I'd like to make a small 3D model of it as a badge to 3D print and stick on the front of the case. I know, I'm defacing the clean, sleek look ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey riba, do you have a high resolution or vector image of your logo? I'd like to make a small 3D model of it as a badge to 3D print and stick on the front of the case. I know, I'm defacing the clean, sleek look ?

Sure, just PM me your email and we'll figure out something ?

I've turned down the volume after the first few sentences and just enjoyed your nice and clean case design. ;)

Haha that is awesome, thank you a lot! ?

Neldum

Cable Smoosher
Jul 17, 2020
Update on my dinosaur build. I managed a 4.335 GHz OC rock steady with the Shuriken 2. Honestly wasn't expecting to go higher than the stock 4 GHz on this old thing. Strange thing is it actually has a lower max temp of 51C which it only briefly touched during the stress tests, compared to the 54.5C at stock speeds. Not quite sure what that's about, but if I try to push it any higher it fails to post. If I had to guess I would say maybe my power supply? It isn't really the greatest.

Overall very happy with how everything has turned out.

Next step is to probably take the GPU fan curve back a notch as it gets quite noisy during it's stress test, and never goes above 65C. So I feel like that curve can be relaxed a little bit.

KidWeaBoo

Average Stuffer
Dec 12, 2018
I'm not really a fan of the way the stand looks on v2. I own the v1 case and feel that the stand looks much better and more stable. Is the a handle accessory yet?

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I'm not really a fan of the way the stand looks on v2. I own the v1 case and feel that the stand looks much better and more stable. Is the a handle accessory yet?

While I agree with you on the aesthetic aspect (I do own a V1 case and do too, prefer the look of the V1 stand), the design was not as stable as you think due to having to hard attachment to the case. This is especially amplified if you use small graphics cards and ITX motherboard with an air cooler, making the case a lot more top-heavy, which couple with the design of the V1 stand, making the case quite wobbly).

While I am not as fond of the V2 stand, the way it positively attach to the case should provide more stability (V1 stand also have the tendency to slide around, I had to add foam tape to the four contact surfaces to alleviate this)

PnkPanther

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 16, 2020
Hey y'all, back once again with some office pics!

My partner absolutely loves their new work PC and after getting some time in with temp testing i can say I'm really satisfied with the performance. I wanted to touch on something I forgot to talk about last time in my initial excitement: As you can see from the build photos this case was really a perfect jigsaw piece for what I was looking for. We build this desk into the wall in our tiny upstairs office (the room is about 6x6 Feet) so everything needs to be pretty low profile and optimized to make the space still feel cozy but spacious. doing an SFF build was something I wanted to get in there but was planning to reuse my old 6700k and ATX mobo. Not only did this case allow us to use that atx mobo, but fit perfectly into the space below the desk. I added a little shelf to keep it up off the carpet and further away from any pet dander.

Hope everyone's enjoying their cases as much as I am, and congrats on the overall positive reviews! amazing work Riba!

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
A brief follow up to my build log a few days ago that will be of relevance for anyone interested in using the Thermalright AXP-100 in the V2:

As made clear in my thermal tests the AXP-100 provides excellent thermals, it is however a super tight/perfect fit in the V2 itself. Unfortunately the fan mounting screws they include with the AXP-100 have a large rounded head that makes strong contact with the side panel of the v2 in a way I would not be comfortable with for long term use as It would eventually warp the panel and it makes sliding it on and off awkward.

After ferreting around I was able to source some M3 x 18mm Flat Hex Head Countersunk Machine Screws that have resolved the issue. I can also confirm that there is no turbulence issues with the included fan that ships with the axp-100 and I have decided not to bother with a noctua swap because the included fan is ridiculously quiet and provides great temps.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

My partner absolutely loves their new work PC and after getting some time in with temp testing i can say I'm really satisfied with the performance. I wanted to touch on something I forgot to talk about last time in my initial excitement: As you can see from the build photos this case was really a perfect jigsaw piece for what I was looking for. We build this desk into the wall in our tiny upstairs office (the room is about 6x6 Feet) so everything needs to be pretty low profile and optimized to make the space still feel cozy but spacious. doing an SFF build was something I wanted to get in there but was planning to reuse my old 6700k and ATX mobo. Not only did this case allow us to use that atx mobo, but fit perfectly into the space below the desk. I added a little shelf to keep it up off the carpet and further away from any pet dander.

Hope everyone's enjoying their cases as much as I am, and congrats on the overall positive reviews! amazing work Riba!

Nice colour choice on that keyboard, mouse and chair! Is that a Varmilo VA68?

Also, why do you have a big gap in your floor? If my house was like that I would've probably dropped every single thing on my table down that gap at least once!

Reactions: PnkPanther

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Thank you for posting, really nice how it fit in that space perfectly!
To me the key of SFF is the small footprint, eg. really narrow cases.

A brief follow up to my build log a few days ago that will be of relevance for anyone interested in using the Thermalright AXP-100 in the V2:

As made clear in my thermal tests the AXP-100 provides excellent thermals, it is however a super tight/perfect fit in the V2 itself. Unfortunately the fan mounting screws they include with the AXP-100 have a large rounded head that makes strong contact with the side panel of the v2 in a way I would not be comfortable with for long term use as It would eventually warp the panel and it makes sliding it on and off awkward.

After ferreting around I was able to source some M3 x 18mm Flat Hex Head Countersunk Machine Screws that have resolved the issue. I can also confirm that there is no turbulence issues with the included fan that ships with the axp-100 and I have decided not to bother with a noctua swap because the included fan is ridiculously quiet and provides great temps.

Cool, thanks for pointing out! It is really surprising that it doesn't come with flathead CS bolts from the box, stock screws just raise the height unnecessary. Also really glad to hear that there is no turbulence, a pleasant surprise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I have a question for all of you, would you like to see symmetrical perforation (eg ventilation pattern) on both left and right panel? So basically right panel would have perforations same as ones on the left panel.

PnkPanther

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 16, 2020
Nice colour choice on that keyboard, mouse and chair! Is that a Varmilo VA68?

Also, why do you have a big gap in your floor? If my house was like that I would've probably dropped every single thing on my table down that gap at least once!
Thanks! It is! it's the Varmillo X Ducky MIYA.
and my house is a weird loft, this office landing is technically on the 3rd/4th level. we've got a main room with stairs going up, one room in between the top of the stairs and the ground level, then at the top of the stairs there's basically our loft bedroom and a little hallway landing that i turned into my workspace; and in there is a ladder that goes up to this little office platform. It's all built by previous tenants so it's super poorly constructed and i'm always changing stuff, it's kinda hard to explain lol. If i had a dollar for every time i've dropped shit in between the wall and the floor i'd probably be living somewhere else

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi guys !

Time to update today. This week I was one of the lucky buyer of a brand new RTX 3080 and I've just received it! I couldnt get any founder edition card but I did get the EVGA 3080 XC3 ultra wich is a 285mm (at least on the paper...)
It was a lot of pain but I managed to fit the card with my asetek 645LT with a 80mm pure wings fan from be quiet (had to cut plastic to make it fit !).

I'll take better pics for the website once it will be fully finished (few fans on top and bottom and custom watercooling?)
I did some tests a few hours gaming at 4k and im very surprised how quiet and cool my temps are (65°C max on GPU and around 60-65°C with CPU at stock freq).
The card itself seems to have pretty quiet fan, it was not too loud even with a strong fan curve. I will post benchmark and good pictures today later.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Whoa man, nice work! Luckily that gpu has a shorter PCB than its cooler, so it can fit next to slightly thicker 645lt's radiator. But really nice to see, and temps look awesome!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Just saw this:

Another good candidate for air cooling in this case, 53mm high with great mbo and ram compatibility, and finally you can turn it the right way on AM4 socket. And there shouldn't be any turbulence since it's low enough.