Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
Would it be possible to buy a separate sidepanel ? Was thinking of mounting a small LCD screen behind the PSU (facing towards me on the GPU side) for GPU/CPU/FPS stats and such. But just in case i ruin the panel it would be nice to get a new one if possible.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Would it be possible to buy a separate sidepanel ? Was thinking of mounting a small LCD screen behind the PSU (facing towards me on the GPU side) for GPU/CPU/FPS stats and such. But just in case i ruin the panel it would be nice to get a new one if possible.

Hi, I currently don't have any extra, but I can have it made with next batch. Best to contact me via e-mail :)

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
Ok i'll think about it. It's one of those nice to have but not need to have items ? i'll contact you if and when i decide to move foward.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was really excited for this review, and it's finally here!

Big thanks to Hardware Canucks team for this awesome review, I think that they like the case a lot :)
That review was the one I wanted to see : using real ATX motherboard..:)
Regarding opened point of this video about rear exhaust fan, I will push for slim 120mm spinning at 800-1000rpm just to exhaust potential static hot air..:D

If you combined P-ATX with MSI B550 Unify...you can get 4 m.2 SSD with heatsinks AND pretty good sound card (ATX boards are WAY better than ITX on sound card)

And normally it's easier to fit smaller top-down coolers on ATX motherboards.

You are making me thinking..;)

What about pcie gen 4 riser? Is it coming please or could we use easily alternate one?

As all new enthousiasts parts are "unavailable" it will let me some time to think about my eco-system.
Basically I'll keep my Cerberus-X but P-ATX v2 could replace my SM550...to be studied..;)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That review was the one I wanted to see : using real ATX motherboard..:)
Regarding opened point of this video about rear exhaust fan, I will push for slim 120mm spinning at 800-1000rpm just to exhaust potential static hot air..:D

If you combined P-ATX with MSI B550 Unify...you can get 4 m.2 SSD with heatsinks AND pretty good sound card (ATX boards are WAY better than ITX on sound card)

And normally it's easier to fit smaller top-down coolers on ATX motherboards.

You are making me thinking..;)

What about pcie gen 4 riser? Is it coming please or could we use easily alternate one?

As all new enthousiasts parts are "unavailable" it will let me some time to think about my eco-system.
Basically I'll keep my Cerberus-X but P-ATX v2 could replace my SM550...to be studied..;)

Yes, new Unify looks awesome with it's 4x M.2 slots, I really didn't expect to see that! I'm angry at Asus for only offering 2 slots on their motherboards.

No news on gen4 risers yet, I'm waiting for some better options. You could probably mount Linkup Gen4 in some case configurations, but I don't recommend it.

Ok, keep on studying and I'm here if you have any other questions :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yes, new Unify looks awesome with it's 4x M.2 slots, I really didn't expect to see that! I'm angry at Asus for only offering 2 slots on their motherboards.

No news on gen4 risers yet, I'm waiting for some better options. You could probably mount Linkup Gen4 in some case configurations, but I don't recommend it.

Ok, keep on studying and I'm here if you have any other questions :)
About Riser Gen 4 (and more to come with pcie gen 5 somewhere end of 2021/2022), do you mean linkup versions are compatible with your cases, especially from retention/fixing points? (P/N-ATX)

Apparently gen 4 link up riser are leading to a small performance drop, but bandwidth is here (test with RTX 3090) :
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/jmozjs/linkup_pcie_40_riser_nov20_release_review/?ref=share&ref_source=link

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Basically I found all those type of Riser :
1. Straight version (10 cm up to 50cm) for Thermaltakes, Lian Li, & many others.
2. Right angle version (10cm up to 50cm) for Fractel Design, Coolermaster, EVGA, Phanteks, and many others
3. Left angle version (25cm and 30cm) for NZXT H1, Sliger & Phanteks evolve shift air.
4. Reversed socket version ( 25cm and 30cm) for DAN A4, Loque Ghost S1, Sliger (remove mounting bracket), Nouvolo Steck, and many others.

Please could you confirm which model is used for P-ATX?

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019
Just wanted to say congrats on the hardware Canucks review! Glad to see your case finally getting the attention it deserves ?

I'm loving mine and will post pics here once complete the finishing touches.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
About Riser Gen 4 (and more to come with pcie gen 5 somewhere end of 2021/2022), do you mean linkup versions are compatible with your cases, especially from retention/fixing points? (P/N-ATX)

Apparently gen 4 link up riser are leading to a small performance drop, but bandwidth is here (test with RTX 3090) :
https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/jmozjs/linkup_pcie_40_riser_nov20_release_review/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Problem with those linkup risers is that they are too wide on the part where the cable exits, so that will limit gpu size. So you will be limited to two slot gpu thhat is reference height.

Just wanted to say congrats on the hardware Canucks review! Glad to see your case finally getting the attention it deserves ?

I'm loving mine and will post pics here once complete the finishing touches.

Thank you, I can't wait to see those pictures! ?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Problem with those linkup risers is that they are too wide on the part where the cable exits, so that will limit gpu size. So you will be limited to two slot gpu thhat is reference height.
Ok thanks for info.
Fingers crossed, more Riser Gen 4 will come then.

Reactions: riba2233

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
[...]

[...]

Do you have details on the difference in sound quality between ATX and ITX boards? I wasn't aware about differences in this area, as long as the same audio chip was being used on both.

@riba2233: What do you think is the best air cooler for something like the 5900X? The Thermalright AXP-100 Full Copper, which Hardware Canucks were using in their (indeed awesome) review? Or the Cryorig C7G? Or something else? Is replacing the fan on any of these coolers with something else going to provide lower temps or less noise? I wouldn't care so much about the orange look. :) Also, unfortunately, Hardware Canucks didn't give many details on how the CPU cooler actually performed. Do you think these air coolers perform well enough when not overclocking? Or am I likely to see throttling? Also, will two 2.5" SSDs fit next to something like the ASUS 3080 TUF (or a similar 6800 XT)? Or would I need to go with the N-ATX to fit this comfortably? Would a 750W PSU be sufficient for a 5900X + 3080 or 6800 XT?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Do you have details on the difference in sound quality between ATX and ITX boards? I wasn't aware about differences in this area, as long as the same audio chip was being used on both.

@riba2233: What do you think is the best air cooler for something like the 5900X? The Thermalright AXP-100 Full Copper, which Hardware Canucks were using in their (indeed awesome) review? Or the Cryorig C7G? Or something else? Is replacing the fan on any of these coolers with something else going to provide lower temps or less noise? I wouldn't care so much about the orange look. :) Also, unfortunately, Hardware Canucks didn't give many details on how the CPU cooler actually performed. Do you think these air coolers perform well enough when not overclocking? Or am I likely to see throttling? Also, will two 2.5" SSDs fit next to something like the ASUS 3080 TUF (or a similar 6800 XT)? Or would I need to go with the N-ATX to fit this comfortably? Would a 750W PSU be sufficient for a 5900X + 3080 or 6800 XT?

Hi, let me answer your questions:

Best air cooler are APX-100 Cu, ID-cooling IS60 (you can replace fan on this one for noctua A12x15 for better noise profile), and Scythe shuriken 2 is also not bad. These three are all 60mm class coolers. In 47mm class you have APX90 cu, APX90-X53, Cryorig C7 Cu etc. If the cooler is 47 mm tall with 15mm fan, you could install 25 mm fan for a bit better cooling. But for 5900x I would recommend 60mm class cooler. I also think that Hardware Canucks had to tune voltage a bit manually because Gigabyte board was overvolting a bit out of the box, but in the end they got great temps, below 70C. Yes, you should be able to fit 2 SSD's with practically any gpu. 750 psu will be sufficient, yes.

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
I've got to say the Hardware Canucks video brought me here too. I'm thoroughly impressed with this cause. I've been planning a Mini ITX build for a long time and finally feel that I can get the power I want out of the current gen of Hardware released this year.

@riba2233 Have you seen any issues with the PC Riser that wouldn't display video with a Gen 4 card like the 3080 or the upcoming Big Navi?

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Have you seen any issues with the PC Riser that wouldn't display video with a Gen 4 card like the 3080 or the upcoming Big Navi?

I cant speak for Riba of course, but i have ran 30 series cards in both my v1 and v2 p-atx cases and have not had any issues. However you will need to connect the graphics card to the motherboard directly prior to install and set your motherboard's bios to run the PCI-e slot in gen 3 mode. If you update your bios or reset your cmos in future you will need to change this setting again.

All currently available Gen 4 risers tested so far actually run 30 series cards slightly slower(and with an odd amount of heat), so its not worth trying to source one at this time imho.

Last edited: