Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233

I am still waiting on the PCIe riser and the 92mm adapter you send weeks back. Would be nice if you can do something here.

Hi,

I'm really sorry but can't offer much help, only thing I can say is that the US post (an most others, I'm still waiting for some packages from within EU that are waaaay behind schedule) is barely working, they had ban on incoming shipments for 10 last days. Basically all shipments are delayed, and that even includes couriers. This global pandemic has really taken toll on shipments, so I would like to ask everyone for extra patience because there is absolutely nothing more we can do at the moment.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2017
Hi,

I'm really sorry but can't offer much help, only thing I can say is that the US post (an most others, I'm still waiting for some packages from within EU that are waaaay behind schedule) is barely working, they had ban on incoming shipments for 10 last days. Basically all shipments are delayed, and that even includes couriers. This global pandemic has really taken toll on shipments, so I would like to ask everyone for extra patience because there is absolutely nothing more we can do at the moment.
Strange that you're having issues.

I just fedex'ed in a macbook from china with no issues. I mean, it sat in china for a few days, but once it started moving, it quite literally arrived at my home overnight.

Arrived just a few days ago.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
My ncase just came from Taiwan. Ordered three or so weeks back. Got a biggish package ( a camera) from Germany in a week via DHL. A small pcei riser from eBay. Shipped from China like in 10 days.

Not sure what’s the issue riba is referring to.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Fedex, DHL and other private carriers are experiencing less issues than the national postal services are. (USPS/your own national carrier).
International air fright is severely limited right now due to the reduction in the passenger flights that carry this postal service cargo. FedEx/dhl have dedicated cargo flights from China/other high trafic locations that mitigate this.

This issue has impacted to the point that it is quite possible to outright not be able to post at all from certain counties to others right now, for example Taiwan post will not ship internationally to anywhere outside the US currently.

Source: someone who ships large volumes of product world wide and is dealing with the same issues.

Reactions: riba2233

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone.
Sorry I'ven't posted any news till now...

I experienced few problems with the old riser, so I tried the new one...
I have to be honnest, the new riser doesnt look any better than the first one (problems are getting even worst).
The main problem to me remains in the lock system that is very fragile...
So right now I'm looking for a new riser, the problem is that the EZDIY or Lesozoh can't be mounted as 3-Slot position (and my super ventus is more than 2-slots).

Have anyone find a good riser for 3-slots configuration?
I had to put the first riser back, holding the video card with a zip tie as the lock was broken... Still looking for a definitive solution.
I'm really ready to pay the price to keep my 2080 super safe in the case :D

My i5 9600K was indeed limited and I had a tests without limitation, after 3 hours of Assassin's Creed Origins my CPU was arround 70°C with the Cryorig C7G.
I'm going to have a try with the Asetek 92mm AIO and will let you know.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Well, 2 of my packages were delivered via USPS.

To the topic, I don't have any tracking numbers nor any details from him either. Only thing he said is to wait.

So not sure what else I can do other than rant here.

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
No problem. I will probably wait for Big Navi and Ampere anyway. I need an UHD GPU, but I don't like Nvidia's current monopolistic pricing structure at all. :)

But will it most likely still be available this year, or is there a chance it might slip to 2021?

The P-ATX looks amazing, by the way! I just don't want to be limited in graphics card choice and still get an ATX motherboard.

Reactions: ZivZulander

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
My ncase just came from Taiwan. Ordered three or so weeks back. Got a biggish package ( a camera) from Germany in a week via DHL. A small pcei riser from eBay. Shipped from China like in 10 days.

Not sure what’s the issue riba is referring to.

I dislike posts like this...

"I have no issues with these two anectdotal success stories from two countries completely unrelated to the country riba is shipping from, coming to a country which may or may not be the same as the other user experiencing delayed shipping, therefore there must be no problems at all!"

In case you haven't noticed, there is a pandemic going on, much of Europe is either shut down or experiencing significant disruption, and this is not only talking about logistics and shipping but also human life in general... Try and be observant maybe?

As we're in the business of presenting anectdotal evidence as gospel, here's my own: the postal system in my country is experiencing significant disruption and delays on anything not marked as essential medical goods. On Friday I posted a package to a friend only living next city over (about 40 minutes drive) and it still hasn't even left the depot yet. Just because you're not experiencing disruption doesn't mean absolutely everyone else isn't.

Also, consider that most of the time, the national post service (Royal Mail here in the UK) handles much of what's called 'last mile' carriage, so even if the packages are making their way into the country quickly, delays could be caused at the port because national post services are either under-staffed or are proritising essential cargo first. Keeping in mind at least one of your examples contains a package delivered by a courier service (DHL) which operate their own last mile carriage and may or may not be experiencing the same issues that national postal services are having.

Buckle down, take care of yourselves, there are more important things to worry about in these times than a PC case arriving a few weeks late.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
I dislike posts like this...

"I have no issues with these two anectdotal success stories from two countries completely unrelated to the country riba is shipping from, coming to a country which may or may not be the same as the other user experiencing delayed shipping, therefore there must be no problems at all!"

In case you haven't noticed, there is a pandemic going on, much of Europe is either shut down or experiencing significant disruption, and this is not only talking about logistics and shipping but also human life in general... Try and be observant maybe?

As we're in the business of presenting anectdotal evidence as gospel, here's my own: the postal system in my country is experiencing significant disruption and delays on anything not marked as essential medical goods. On Friday I posted a package to a friend only living next city over (about 40 minutes drive) and it still hasn't even left the depot yet. Just because you're not experiencing disruption doesn't mean absolutely everyone else isn't.

Also, consider that most of the time, the national post service (Royal Mail here in the UK) handles much of what's called 'last mile' carriage, so even if the packages are making their way into the country quickly, delays could be caused at the port because national post services are either under-staffed or are proritising essential cargo first. Keeping in mind at least one of your examples contains a package delivered by a courier service (DHL) which operate their own last mile carriage and may or may not be experiencing the same issues that national postal services are having.

Buckle down, take care of yourselves, there are more important things to worry about in these times than a PC case arriving a few weeks late.

And I despise virtue signaling like yours.

if you consider a single post as a problem, you are free to ignore it. Also this pandemic is affecting me personally each day since it started. But, I do not consider the details as part of this topic.

if the creator can advertise new sales during this pandemic, I believe I can at least air my 4 week delay twice in that period.

Again, consider not wedging in topics just to look like an ass.

Reactions: rfarmer

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
And I despise virtue signaling like yours.

if you consider a single post as a problem, you are free to ignore it. Also this pandemic is affecting me personally each day since it started. But, I do not consider the details as part of this topic.

if the creator can advertise new sales during this pandemic, I believe I can at least air my 4 week delay twice in that period.

Again, consider not wedging in topics just to look like an ass.

Well then, the much more productive thing to do would be to ring the customer support line for your last mile carrier and request an investigation and/or a trace request (you may find it useful to request riba for the proof of postage receipt). Who performs the trace and the procedure depends on the particulars of your local area. For example, for the UK, first line contact would be the local Delivery Office, then they will be able to help you escalate further and/or refer you to the regional office. You may have similar arrangements for your own local post carrier.

Airing your delay does precisely diddly squat in actually making any progress on getting the situation resolved (besides asking riba for a scan of the sender's receipt in case your post carrier asks for it)

If you have already tried that, and the local post carrier cannot get back to you or is unwilling to help, there usually an ombudsman/postal regulator or consumer advocacy contact that you could lodge a formal complaint to. This usually helps as well.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Well then, the much more productive thing to do would be to ring the customer support line for your last mile carrier and request an investigation and/or a trace request (you may find it useful to request riba for the proof of postage receipt). Who performs the trace and the procedure depends on the particulars of your local area. For example, for the UK, first line contact would be the local Delivery Office, then they will be able to help you escalate further and/or refer you to the regional office. You may have similar arrangements for your own local post carrier.

Airing your delay does precisely diddly squat in actually making any progress on getting the situation resolved (besides asking riba for a scan of the sender's receipt in case your post carrier asks for it)

If you have already tried that, and the local post carrier cannot get back to you or is unwilling to help, there usually an ombudsman/postal regulator or consumer advocacy contact that you could lodge a formal complaint to. This usually helps as well.

@riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Hi,

the problem is that these are small, non-tracked packages, so I have to contact post office to see if I can do something.

But I wanted to say that I've shipped more than 300 packages worldwide (I was selling something before cases), most of them to US, and never got even one lost. There have been some delays with US post, mostly during holiday season, so this delays are not surprising to me at all.

I think I will only send tracked packages from now on, I understand that that is the best option for both me and the buyer, my logic was to use non-tracked for items with small value, but this situation changed things.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
No problem. I will probably wait for Big Navi and Ampere anyway. I need an UHD GPU, but I don't like Nvidia's current monopolistic pricing structure at all. :)

But will it most likely still be available this year, or is there a chance it might slip to 2021?

The P-ATX looks amazing, by the way! I just don't want to be limited in graphics card choice and still get an ATX motherboard.

I will do my best to have it as soon as possible, so hopefully this year even if it will be a small batch.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I am/was agreeable to the delay. Not happy, but agreeable.

Not sure what the other guys problem is.

But agreed.

Having spent years neck-deep in custom MKBs, I am sympathetic with the frustration of ordering a thing and waiting past due for the thing to show up. Perhaps my initial comment was too harsh but I stand by my assessmnt. You're going about this all completely wrong. Going straight to the regional postal carrier is much more likely to get you a lead on the item. The most likely scenario is that it's held up in a processing centre somewhere, and the customer representative at your local postal carrier is much more likely to be able to point you in the right direction.