Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

KidWeaBoo

Average Stuffer
Dec 12, 2018
Made an order for the silver! Order #10023! Lol I'm just happy that as a Canadian I'm not paying more for shipping than my American neighbours! Can't wait!

Reactions: ZivZulander

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Made an order for the silver! Order #10023! Lol I'm just happy that as a Canadian I'm not paying more for shipping than my American neighbours! Can't wait!

Yeah, let's hope customs don't hold your package for long though. Had mine sitting in Ontario for 9 days. Ordered on the 3rd and will most likely receive by the end of the week.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
We're in the final stretch for my build here:
Ordered-
m.2 ssd
60mm fans
custom cables
extra riser

To do list:
Get case in mail
Design & 3d print ssd holder
thermal testing with 6700k & Blackridge
voltage tuning with 6700k

Edit: I was going to have a dumb teaser but I realized that part of my build won't be here for another 2 or 3 weeks so a teaser would be kind of lame. I will be using an m.2 to pcie 4x riser to mount a pcie 4x ssd in my case. The riser will position it free-floating in the aio/hdd area, which is where my 3d printer will come into play. I will be designing a single slot pcie mount to hold the ssd vertically in the space so that it gets cooling from a 120mm fan mounted behind it. More on this later, I can start a build log with the 3d design process if people are interested.

Last edited:

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Placed my order. I can't believe I have just ordered my first ticket into the SFF rabbit hole...
Edit: #10024... Can I actually choose a different number on my case? That would be awesome.
Edit2: Is anyone aware of a backpack that could carry this case? I am surprised that this was not brought up until now.

Last edited:

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Placed my order. I can't believe I have just ordered my first ticket into the SFF rabbit hole...
Edit: #10024... Can I actually choose a different number on my case? That would be awesome.
Edit2: Is anyone aware of a backpack that could carry this case? I am surprised that this was not brought up until now.

This has more of less the same dimensions of the Node 202. A backpack or case that's compatible with that will almost certainly fit this. You can find hundreds of those posts with a quick google search.

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
This has more of less the same dimensions of the Node 202. A backpack or case that's compatible with that will almost certainly fit this. You can find hundreds of those posts with a quick google search.
I thought about the exact same. However, there is actually 5 CM difference at one point. That can change everything. It's noticeably bigger, I am sure.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
I thought about the exact same. However, there is actually 5cm difference at one point. That can change everything. It's noticeably bigger, I am sure.

Wait 5cm? Where are you getting that from?
Unless I'm wrong the dimensions for the Node 202 are:
377 x 82 x 330 mm

While the P-ATX is:
380 x 72 x 343 mm

So there's only about 1cm difference in the height, while being 1cm thinner.

Reactions: treezoob

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Looking at this link: SFF Cases spreadsheet. The length x width x height (in that order) of the P-ATX is 380 x 72 x 343. While the node 202 is 330 x 82 x 377.

You compared the length of P-ATX to the height of the node 202. So, there is 5cm difference in length as a result. Am I wrong?

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Looking at this link: SFF Cases spreadsheet. The length x width x height (in that order) of the P-ATX is 380 x 72 x 343. While the node 202 is 330 x 82 x 377.

You compared the length of P-ATX to the height of the node 202. So, there is 5cm difference in length as a result. Am I wrong?

Pretty sure the way I laid it out is correct. But that doesn't even matter because It's a box shape. If you rotate it 90 degrees then it's the same when we're talking about being able to fit in a case. Not sure if troll post or not.

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
My Unit will arrive to me by USPS TODAY!!!!!!
I will put it in my backpack to take a look!
I am still waiting for the PSU to be shipped through. All of them are out of stock right now due to the virus, and I got a used on eBay lol.

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Pretty sure the way I laid it out is correct. But that doesn't even matter because It's a box shape. If you rotate it 90 degrees then it's the same when we're talking about being able to fit in a case. Not sure if troll post or not.
Why would it be a troll post? I am very much new to all of this and just trying to make sense of it all. I might be missing a bit of logic in this situation too. I am not good with these things.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Thank you a lot for ordering!

Order number doesn't match serial number. Contact me on PM and we'll see if I can do something :)

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Feb. 18 8:52 am Notice card left indicating where and when to pick up item

Hopefully I'll pick it up today and get the thing built, will post a couple pics after.

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
Boom! Here is my first impression of this case!

I am still waiting for the PSU to arrive. Then I will do some temperature test and see how well it perform for air cooling.

This case fits in my backpack perfectly(I mean even if we do 1 cm of increase, it will not fit anymore) In case you are wondering, Here is my backpack.
Everki Beacon Laptop Backpack with Gaming Console Sleeve

The extra padding in this backpack gives really good protection but also decreases a lot of inner space.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
No pictures yet, but I received my case in the mail yesterday. I'm in the process of mounting the fans and planning my cable routes, but I accidentally tore one of the rubber isolation pegs for my Noctua 120mm :( What's the best way to pull that sucker through in the corner? I can't get my pliers a good grip on it due to the angle. I'm using the pegs with the flat bottom, so I can't just mount them to the fan and then pull them through the case.

• Wow

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Thank you a lot for ordering!

Order number doesn't match serial number. Contact me on PM and we'll see if I can do something :)
No, thank YOU.

I guess it's too late for that now. I already got an email that it got shipped. Oh well, it was quite minor anyway :)