Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Is the silver area of the silver version painted too? Or Is it just unpainted for the original metallic colour?

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Going to wait for a black one. :)

Once assembled, can the outer panel be removed again if let's say I would want to powder coat it myself?

Reactions: ZivZulander

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Mine should be arriving any day now. I just noticed that it landed in New York on the 25th. At long last I can finally downsize and use my laughably large Mo-ra3 to achieve complete-ish silence! I'm beyond stoked. Hopefully I will have some free time when it gets here!

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
Still working on my build (ordering a custom-cut, perforated polycarbonate window panel; have a custom GPU shroud that I'm printing soon, which is designed to resemble Zen-oh; need to put in order for fans) but largely have the parts that I need, and figure I'd post pics of the case/paint job just so no one steals my color scheme (granted, a lot of people probably hate it... especially the old beige-box, anti-RGB crowd ?).

I still have to paint the exterior of mobo side panel and retouch/respray mobo interior (scratched fairly easily, but mainly I only did light coats and didn't prime it enough perhaps) as well as finish up with some clear coat. Just seeing how it wears right now, and may lightly sand before applying some final coats. (side note: the paints I used are scented, so case right now actually smells like violets and blueberries ?).

And yes, the interior blue is a bit darker because I used plasti dip blue, but will lighten that and/or darken the exterior paint a bit, but with case lighting and RGB the colors will change a bit inside, anyway, and it should be covered by the (micro ATX) mobo. The actual black interior and anodization before painting were very good quality, though, even with this early case, so riba2233 did a good job with these (as evidenced by the shipping ones which are even more polished ?).

Haven't tested the case itself, just been taking measurements and such to make everything fits. Happy so far! Should have finished better build pics when it's done, right now most of my workspace is messy with multiple PC and keyboard builds (including matching keyboard for this) which is also why it took longer than I thought it would to get this far (also have to wait on money ?).

[This is Count Noctua, btw, I kinda intentionally/unintentionally locked myself out of my old account ??Meant to use a new username - this one - but should have really just asked mods to change it. Sorry mods, feel free to delete or merge accounts or whatever if it's against rules.]

Last edited:

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Mine should be arriving any day now. I just noticed that it landed in New York on the 25th. At long last I can finally downsize and use my laughably large Mo-ra3 to achieve complete-ish silence! I'm beyond stoked. Hopefully I will have some free time when it gets here!

How big is this case compared to the mo-ra? are you mounting the two together?

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I can not wait for thermal test results too. Please, someone sate my curiosity. I am certain that this chassis is going to perform quite well in this regard.

Reactions: Intrepid_Cosmonaut

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I can not wait for thermal test results too. Please, someone sate my curiosity. I am certain that this chassis is going to perform quite well in this regard.

I am running 1950x with 120mm aio and 1080ti mini and temps are the same as without the case, just the gpu is slightly louder due to proximity to the side panel. But yeah, I am also eager to see other tests :)

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Hmmm... With that colour scheme I'm guessing DSA Deep Space? Or maybe SA Troubled Minds? Been too busy to keep an eye on the keebs hobby for a while so I am not up to date on all the new and exciting colourways

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
Hmmm... With that colour scheme I'm guessing DSA Deep Space? Or maybe SA Troubled Minds? Been too busy to keep an eye on the keebs hobby for a while so I am not up to date on all the new and exciting colourways

DSA Skeletor

Don't have the caps yet, that's stock image. Case I have, though, it's a "1984" from keyboardbelle.

Reactions: dealda