Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi,

you mentioned that there will be a three slot option. Will this be released at the same time and has an increased cooler height too?

Yes, there will be, and it will indeed have the increased CPU height, around 75 mm.

I can't tell you the exact timeline, it's in the development and I will probably start to order parts once I sell the part of the first batch of P-ATX model.

Reactions: Vesko and harry2009

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I present to you, the P-ATX prototype:

Complete gallery:

Please share your thoughts and bear in mind that this is not how the final product will look, it will be powder coated and anodized and thus have much better finish :)

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

Complete gallery:

Please share your thoughts and bear in mind that this is not how the final product would look, it will be powder coated and anodized and thus have much better finish :)

I actually kind of like the finish as is; it's got this industrial look that I'm digging.

Reactions: riba2233

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Complete gallery:

Please share your thoughts and bear in mind that this is not how the final product would look, it will be powder coated and anodized and thus have much better finish :)

Wow! I think if you clear-coated it as it is, it would look epic!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I actually kind of like the finish as is; it's got this industrial look that I'm digging.

Thanks, it will be similar, just more professional :)

Wow! I think if you clear-coated it as it is, it would look epic!

Don't worry, there will be two options - transparent anodized (raw aluminum color) and black anodized :)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Looks like a very nice and interesting case. :) I love the "homemade" approach to it, with your own bending machine. I hope you use thick enough material for the case. Would you say that the 0.6mm steel side panels are "flimsy"?

One concern would be cooling of M.2 SSDs placed behind the graphics card, if using an ATX motherboard. They seem to get no real airflow there? How much space is there for heatsinks on the SSDs?

Will for sure consider buying this case when it's available, especially since I am located in the EU. The "industrial" prototype looks very nice.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looks like a very nice and interesting case. :) I love the "homemade" approach to it, with your own bending machine. I hope you use thick enough material for the case. Would you say that the 0.6mm steel side panels are "flimsy"?

One concern would be cooling of M.2 SSDs placed behind the graphics card, if using an ATX motherboard. They seem to get no real airflow there? How much space is there for heatsinks on the SSDs?

Will for sure consider buying this case when it's available, especially since I am located in the EU. The "industrial" prototype looks very nice.

Thank you :)

Yeah, I gave a lot of thought to using 0.6 mm steel for side panels. First, I wanted to have both left and right side panels, so you can access the backside of MBO, and so you don't have visible screws from mounting PSU etc. Therefore I didn't want to use 1 mm panels, because I have two of them, and they would make the case unnecessarily heavy and a bit thicker. 0.6 mm panels will be rigid enough once mounted, because they will have support on all sides. It's true that they won't be extremely rigid when unmounted.

For the SSDs, there are some holes on the back side of the case:

They will be a bit warmer, but I haven't noticed any problems or throttling on my Samsung 960 EVO and Kingston A1000. Many cases have them sandwiched between GPU and MBO without any airflow.
Space for the heatsink depends on how thick you GPU backplate is, I don't know the exact numbers yet.

And thank you a lot for considering the case! :) Tell me if you have any more questions.

That would be awesome! Probably it will be my next case if it ships to Brazil!

Thank you a lot for that! Yes, I will ship cases worldwide, no worries :)

Here it is, 17.5 mm holes for tubes, I hope that looks good:

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Made an account just for this case. Very excited, but I'll have to find a low profile x99 cooler. Super stoked to find a case that checks all my boxes.