Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

mrp0p1nfr3sh

Average Stuffer
Sep 4, 2017
Every 2-3 months, I am working on the new P-ATX V3 batch right now which will be available soon.
fantastic cant wait to see it so i can order one for my spare ATX build. Question has anyone built either case with a 2 slot GPU and a single slot add in card?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
fantastic cant wait to see it so i can order one for my spare ATX build. Question has anyone built either case with a 2 slot GPU and a single slot add in card?
Here I did with 2 slots GPU. No issue as you can adjust space between side panel & GPU.
Sorry : Misunderstood your question..:) You need either a riser or DIY direct rear exit (as stated below by @riba2233)

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Thanks, some users asked me about that option but I have never seen it done. The case is not designed for that but it could be done with some DIY.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks, some users asked me about that option but I have never seen it done. The case is not designed for that but it could be done with some DIY.
This half-size expansion slot for 1st PCIe slot would be a great addition for N-ATX v3..:D (You already know I'm supporting this idea since long time..:))
There is indeed enough space above GPU (see below RTX 4080 FE) and below CPU cooler..:D

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Ok, supposedly last update/upgrade of my N-ATX v2.

Now with ATX 3.0 PSU, the FSP Hydro G Pro 1000W. Compact enough at 150mm in depth, still feels like it's almost the right size to fill it up. Of corurse, custom cables for it is essentially cheating, as I don't think the stock, normal flat ribbon cables would have worked well.

Also with 3 Noctua 40x20mm up top, way quieter than the Sunons.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Now with ATX 3.0 PSU, the FSP Hydro G Pro 1000W. Compact enough at 150mm in depth, still feels like it's almost the right size to fill it up. Of corurse, custom cables for it is essentially cheating, as I don't think the stock, normal flat ribbon cables would have worked well.

Build looks great. Custom cables in SFF is smart not cheating.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

This is really awesome, truly an endgame config for this case. Congrats, extremely neat and well built!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I tried to put an RTX 4090 Strix, and while it fits, the power cable interferes with the Ram slots. any chance for a slightly larger one? I would love to be able to fit a 4 slot card + an ATX mobo. Please make this a reality I would pay double

Ok this looks crazy haha! I was thinking about a larger version but I still have to figure out the perfect layout. Once you go beyond this very optimized layout you have a few different options and things get a bit messy.

Reactions: Kreasu

Kreasu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2022
Ok this looks crazy haha! I was thinking about a larger version but I still have to figure out the perfect layout. Once you go beyond this very optimized layout you have a few different options and things get a bit messy.
It would look even better with the white version! Let me know! I would gladly pre-order one right now :)

This would be interesting if it could fit too:

JF13k cpu cooler. Chinese low profile 240mm cpu cooler. (it's 92mm though)

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I tried to put an RTX 4090 Strix, and while it fits, the power cable interferes with the Ram slots. any chance for a slightly larger one? I would love to be able to fit a 4 slot card + an ATX mobo. Please make this a reality I would pay double
This 4 slot GPU is clearly NOT a SFF friendly part...:)
You can move to ITX MB then..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It would look even better with the white version! Let me know! I would gladly pre-order one right now :)

This CPU cooler should work perfectly inside Cerberus Case...:)

Kreasu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2022
This 4 slot GPU is clearly NOT a SFF friendly part...:)
You can move to ITX MB then..:)
I'd like to stick with amd for heat load reasons, but the 7000 series x3d only board that supports thunderbolt with dp in is an atx Asus pro art board.

I have an itx and 13900k lying around but I think running that on a 79mm cpu cooler wouldn't work very well

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'd like to stick with amd for heat load reasons, but the 7000 series x3d only board that supports thunderbolt with dp in is an atx Asus pro art board.

I have an itx and 13900k lying around but I think running that on a 79mm cpu cooler wouldn't work very well
I also think atx mb are better than mini itx…;)
Issue is that your gpu is too large for N-ATX or too long for Cerberus-X…that’s why I was mainly focused on FE edition GPU..:)

Kreasu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2022
Will our 2000W Enhance ATX-3920 fit? (aka CoolerMaster M2000) a little longer at 180mm or just standard ATX form factor 140mm?
I think this will depend on your gpu length and how long your cables are. Even though I can fit an atx psu in, I used an sfx for shorter cables and more space to cable manage

Reactions: Overtek

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022

Holy Moses! I want one. This might actually save me from trying to cram Accelero Xtreme 3 into the case.

EDIT: just ordered

@Kreasu I think the only way to fit a 4090 into the case without breaking things is to use either one:

a) 4090 Founders Edition, it's the smallest air cooled 4090.
b) MSI's Waterforce RTX 4090. It's only a 2 slot AIO and if you use slim fans you will have enough space to route the cables around the pipes.

Last edited: