Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'd like to stick with amd for heat load reasons, but the 7000 series x3d only board that supports thunderbolt with dp in is an atx Asus pro art board.

I have an itx and 13900k lying around but I think running that on a 79mm cpu cooler wouldn't work very well

13900k could maybe work with PL1 limited to 125W, it would depend on your application and use case.

Will our 2000W Enhance ATX-3920 fit? (aka CoolerMaster M2000) a little longer at 180mm or just standard ATX form factor 140mm?

It might fit phisically if the GPU is not too tall, but it wouldn't work because it uses C19 socket. 1300W is basically the limit, regardless of the PSU size.

Holy Moses! I want one. This might actually save me from trying to cram Accelero Xtreme 3 into the case.

EDIT: just ordered

@Kreasu I think the only way to fit a 4090 into the case without breaking things is to use either one:

a) 4090 Founders Edition, it's the smallest air cooled 4090.
b) MSI's Waterforce RTX 4090. It's only a 2 slot AIO and if you use slim fans you will have enough space to route the cables around the pipes.

Yeah and there are few other 4090 that are 3slot thick so they also fit.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Holy Moses! I want one. This might actually save me from trying to cram Accelero Xtreme 3 into the case.

EDIT: just ordered

@Kreasu I think the only way to fit a 4090 into the case without breaking things is to use either one:

a) 4090 Founders Edition, it's the smallest air cooled 4090.
b) MSI's Waterforce RTX 4090. It's only a 2 slot AIO and if you use slim fans you will have enough space to route the cables around the pipes.
well you also have RTX 4090 MSI ventus and one from PNY Verto

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
According to my own research, these are the 4090 that should fit with an ATX Board are:

Founder's Edition 4090
MSI 4090 Ventus
PNY 4090 VERTO (not the XLR8)
PNY 4090 Gaming Uprising / Manli 4090 Gallardo (One of the more unique looking ones)
Inno3D 4090 3X
AX Gaming 4090 Renegade 3X (Essentially the Inno3D, but in white)

Very maybe only:
Colorful 4090 Tomahawk Deluxe (Might be slightly too tall and thick)
Leadtek 4090 WinFast Hurricane (Very slightly too thick)

However, someone managed to squeeze the ASUS 4090 Strix in the N-ATX (technically speaking, it was in the case), so who am I to say what fits or not. It's really on how tall the GPU will be, as the 16pin connector will fight with the RAM Slots.

The FE is the safest option, being the smallest (excluding watercooled cards), but it is also one the best looking too.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh boy, Leadtek still makes GPU's? My first gpu even was leadtek, 6600GT with a shitty little heatsink :D
But this one is few too thick at 68, so no go for use with an ATX board. ITX opens up a lot of possibilities and basically all models should fit, unless I missed something extreme like maybe a GALAX hall of fame for eg.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
ITXLab Koukou has a new video out for the N-ATX.

Am about to watch it, will edit in comments after.

Edit:
Ah, it's the v1, not the v2 though. A friend of Koukou's channel sent the case over to him from Europe.
TLDR: Overall, a good case for all the ATX sized components that can fit in the case.

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
ITXLab Koukou has a new video out for the N-ATX.

Am about to watch it, will edit in comments after.

Edit:
Ah, it's the v1, not the v2 though. A friend of Koukou's channel sent the case over to him from Europe.
TLDR: Overall, a good case for all the ATX sized components that can fit in the case.

Thank you very much, I was wondering why I got so many newsletter subscribers overnight :)

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Just thought I'd mention for records keeping, but the MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid X does not fit the case if you use ATX power supply without 12VHPWR connector due to the water tubes being very rigid. The 12VHPWR adapter + 4 cables + PSU Thickness prevent placing those tubes inside the case.

In fact, even with 12VHPWR SFX PSU, you can only "probably" install it if the PSU has connectors coming off its side, which isn't an option really (there is not such thing).

Hoping to see bump in thickness for N-ATX V3.

PS. This message is brought to you by my local computer store with open return policy and no restock fees.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Just thought I'd mention for records keeping, but the MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid X does not fit the case if you use ATX power supply without 12VHPWR connector due to the water tubes being very rigid. The 12VHPWR adapter + 4 cables + PSU Thickness prevent placing those tubes inside the case.

In fact, even with 12VHPWR SFX PSU, you can only "probably" install it if the PSU has connectors coming off its side, which isn't an option really (there is not such thing).

Hoping to see bump in thickness for N-ATX V3.

PS. This message is brought to you by my local computer store with open return policy and no restock fees.
Well I still don't see interest of such large GPU, especially as you are getting all GPU power with FE (3 slots) models.
OEM have clearly some design improvement to be achieved to keep GPU size reasonible.

nanjero

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2023
I tried to put an RTX 4090 Strix, and while it fits, the power cable interferes with the Ram slots. any chance for a slightly larger one? I would love to be able to fit a 4 slot card + an ATX mobo. Please make this a reality I would pay double
Were you able to eventually fit the RTX 4090?
I am thinking of buying this case but I also have the RTX4090 Strix variant and my ram slots are also fully populated.
Do you think downsizing to a ITX case would make it fit as I am willing to do so with mine if it would work since i dont use any other PCIE slot devices.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I am thinking of buying this case but I also have the RTX4090 Strix variant and my ram slots are also fully populated.
Do you think downsizing to a ITX case would make it fit as I am willing to do so with mine if it would work since i dont use any other PCIE slot devices.
Ram slots are higher on the itx board and you need an itx board anyways to fit such a thick gpu. Imho it should fit since it has a recessed power connector

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Ram slots are higher on the itx board and you need an itx board anyways to fit such a thick gpu. Imho it should fit since it has a recessed power connector

That's not what he's concerned about. Strix takes like 4 slots. Even low profile RAM takes maybe just over 1 slot (with mobo). @nanjero 's chances of fitting everything are very slim. Chances might improve if you get your hands on lower mobo stands, you can probably get the mobo closer to the case by 3mm and it might improve your chances. Idk if it's worth the risk.

On an unrelated note: My JF13K cooler arrived today. Other than the height being over 8cm the problem is that with ATX format PSU you phsyically don't have space between PSU and the IO shield where the case ends. Also I don't do believe it's possible to mod the cooler to be within 8cm limit, otherthan trying to do a fan-less setup.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That's not what he's concerned about. Strix takes like 4 slots. Even low profile RAM takes maybe just over 1 slot (with mobo). @nanjero 's chances of fitting everything are very slim. Chances might improve if you get your hands on lower mobo stands, you can probably get the mobo closer to the case by 3mm and it might improve your chances. Idk if it's worth the risk.

On an unrelated note: My JF13K cooler arrived today. Other than the height being over 8cm the problem is that with ATX format PSU you phsyically don't have space between PSU and the IO shield where the case ends. Also I don't do believe it's possible to mod the cooler to be within 8cm limit, other than trying to do a fan-less setup.

Ok maybe I wasn't clear enough sorry, I was talking about using the case with an ITX board. If you use an ATX board max thickness is 3.25 slots and strix 4090 is over that.

But with an ITX board, you can fit GPU's up to 4 slots and 160mm tall, and ram or anything on the motherboard doesn't matter at all since the GPU will be under the motherboard 100%. Here is how it looks in the render:

Regarding the 240mm low profile cooler, yeah it is a huge shame that it doesn't fit, it would be really cool. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Last edited:

Kreasu

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2022
I ended up mounting it externally using a vertical gpu holder

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here it is, a new case model, please tell me what do you think!

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Here it is, a new case model, please tell me what do you think!

It's cool, but with how large GPUs are getting lately I was hoping you would make a case larger than N-ATX, not smaller than P-ATX.

Any plans for something 5-6 slot?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
It's cool, but with how large GPUs are getting lately I was hoping you would make a case larger than N-ATX, not smaller than P-ATX.

Any plans for something 5-6 slot?

I do have plans for some larger cases (two design philosophies) but I am still working on layouts, they get a bit more complicated once you go up in volume.

ploopjop2

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 6, 2023
Are there any updates on when B-stock N-ATX V2 or new ones might be available? I just discovered this case today and I love it! I hope a MSI GAMING X TRIO RTX 4080 will fit with an ATX board since its 3.25 slots.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Are there any updates on when B-stock N-ATX V2 or new ones might be available? I just discovered this case today and I love it! I hope a MSI GAMING X TRIO RTX 4080 will fit with an ATX board since its 3.25 slots.

Hi, it is currently in production so it shouldn't be too long. Glad you like it! That gpu should fit, can you just tell me your mbo model so I can double check.

r135uk

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2023
Hi, it is currently in production so it shouldn't be too long. Glad you like it! That gpu should fit, can you just tell me your mbo model so I can double check.
Any update yet? Been keeping an eye out for a few months and sick of the ol tower this is to replace :)