Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I know, but in real world usage scenario you will probably only have to do it once.
Yeah I agree, it isnt a big deal and wont make me not buy the case , even now I will buy the case lol

Have you checked whether the case will fit the crosshair impact add in card? Otherwise I would just get ready and buy a new board instead

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yeah I agree, it isnt a big deal and wont make me not buy the case , even now I will buy the case lol

Have you checked whether the case will fit the crosshair impact add in card? Otherwise I would just get ready and buy a new board instead

I only have one good image that shows the dimensions of its sodimm daughter board, and it should fit judging from it with around 2-3 mm to spare.

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
hows this case coming along ?

my build from 2019 isn't finished and completing would mean more untidy finishing so watching this case closely

meant to sick another 240mm slim fad in for water cooling the gpu but with lockdown motivation left as well haha

Reactions: dealda

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
hows this case coming along ?

my build from 2019 isn't finished and completing would mean more untidy finishing so watching this case closely

meant to sick another 240mm slim fad in for water cooling the gpu but with lockdown motivation left as well haha

Hi, it is coming along fine, I will have something very exciting to share really soon :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi, it is coming along fine, I will have something very exciting to share really soon :)
I’ve bought CL530 to test my RTX 3090FE inside to test « node 202 ». I’ll share my experience if it can be useful for N-ATX as I’m still interested in it (ATX mb power..:))

IS-60 evo with nf-a12x25 is ready for testing..:)

Reactions: Quaddragon

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
I'm using the Coolermaster NR200 with an ATX power supply. To say the least it's a bit cramped in there. Although I've done a pretty good job with cable Management. I just feel like the N-ATX would be a huge improvement in layout.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'm using the Coolermaster NR200 with an ATX power supply. To say the least it's a bit cramped in there. Although I've done a pretty good job with cable Management. I just feel like the N-ATX would be a huge improvement in layout.
NR200 is a very tough case to beat...as it's pretty good in cooling performance at reasonible price (without riser).
Anyway cable management remains an issue with ATX psu in SFF (cable are too long, as they were meant for mid tower case). Customed cable are really recommenced with ATX PSU in SFF.

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
NR200 is a very tough case to beat...as it's pretty good in cooling performance at reasonable price (without riser).
Anyway cable management remains an issue with ATX psu in SFF (cable are too long, as they were meant for mid tower case). Customed cable are really recommenced with ATX PSU in SFF.
I completely agree custom cables are needed. Currently i'm running a Titan X Maxwell Gen. However I'd like to put a 3080 in there. I've been waiting on that before I order some custom cables for it. At the same time I'm waiting for the N-ATX to come out. I don't think Cable management would be so tight in that case. One wonders which will be available first 3080 availability or the N-ATX.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I completely agree custom cables are needed. Currently i'm running a Titan X Maxwell Gen. However I'd like to put a 3080 in there. I've been waiting on that before I order some custom cables for it. At the same time I'm waiting for the N-ATX to come out. I don't think Cable management would be so tight in that case. One wonders which will be available first 3080 availability or the N-ATX.
I'll bet on N-ATX...especially if you are aiming RTX 3080 at MSRP..:):)

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
@riba2233 Hello, I have been following this development on and off for a while now. I have a question regarding the stand and orientation of the case. As it stands, is there any way to orient the case so all the cabling faces the bottom/stand area? I am considering watercooling with a Mo-Ra 420 and would like the fittings to exit at the bottom of the case as well as the cables. My apologies if the question has been asked before and good luck with the development.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 Hello, I have been following this development on and off for a while now. I have a question regarding the stand and orientation of the case. As it stands, is there any way to orient the case so all the cabling faces the bottom/stand area? I am considering watercooling with a Mo-Ra 420 and would like the fittings to exit at the bottom of the case as well as the cables. My apologies if the question has been asked before and good luck with the development.

Interesting question, it could be done in theory but I won't be doing any official support for that, because rear panel is already fully packed. But if you'd like it should be possible with some mods.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi everyone,

I have finally done my dream build in N-ATX prototype. It is fully custom water cooled system with 360mm radiator with following specs:

Ryzen 3700x
Vega 64
B550i Aorus
Focus Gold 1000W + Custom cables
2x8gb 3600cl16 G-skill trident Z
250gb 960 pro + 960gb A1000

Water cooling components:

EKWB Velocity AMD copper + plexi + black shroud CPU block
EKWB Vega copper + plexi block
EKWB SPC-60 pump res block
Freezemod 360mm copper radiator
3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans ~750 rpm

System is absolutely noiseless and very cold, just as I wanted. It had cooling capacity for highest TDP gpu and mainstream cpu, and can support psu that can power both without any issues. I also made my own psu cables that fortunately worked after first try :)

Here are some pictures:

Hope you like it, and if you have any questions or feedback please ask below.

Here is the link to album with all the pictures:

SquareCubedBox

Chassis Packer
Sep 27, 2020
The build (SPECIALLY THE CASE!) looks amazing! You're able to showcase almost every part of your PC and the compatibility for the 14L size is just unbelievable.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looks incredible. those custom unsleeved cables are almost a must for this build.

Thank you and I completely agree, that was a total must, I didn't even think about doing this kind of build without them. Luckily they weren't hard to do, ordered some parts from MDPC (awesome store, they have my 100% recommendation) and made them and checked the voltages with multimeter, and everything looked fine.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Congratulations...very beautiful baby!!..;)
I like exhaust capabilities of your N-ATX case...I’m it has wonderful potential even on full air cooling!

I also must admit that ATX psu (with custom cables of course) might interest me...especially with shortage on almost all sfx psu...

More to come with my experience (pretty intense) with CL530...:):)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@riba2233 congrats! the build is looking fantastic!

I know this is a weird question but could you make the upper GPU position adjustable? i.e. possible mount the GPU 20-25mm higher since there seems to be a lot of space left up top? I'm asking because for the Crosshair VIII Impact board, there's a SO.DIMM card that would interfere with the GPU in the current upper position, and thus the GPU would need to be mounted 20-25mm higher to clear it.