Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

deathrowtull

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 16, 2021
Wowee i'm extremely excited for this case. Unfortunately i'd just discovered sff pcs right after i had upgraded my system and gotten all the parts:\ Spent the last two ish months drooling over a ton of cases but didnt want to get an itx mobo, sf psu and a new air cooler. Would easily be able to transfer over my current pc to this when able to get my hands on one:D

Reactions: riba2233

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Wowee i'm extremely excited for this case. Unfortunately i'd just discovered sff pcs right after i had upgraded my system and gotten all the parts:\ Spent the last two ish months drooling over a ton of cases but didnt want to get an itx mobo, sf psu and a new air cooler. Would easily be able to transfer over my current pc to this when able to get my hands on one:D
Don't worry too much...SFF case remains a forever quest...time to choose ratio size/noise/heat/performance..lol
Especially N-ATX is a perfect case to migrate many components from standard mid tower build..:)

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
with N ATX current spec I can migrate everything but the cooler. 3 slot gpu support is such a blessing , I can just put my red devil 6900xt in . Really excited to see what new unique atx would be there though

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
I have seen that, it could work with 2-slot gpu's with atx or 3-slot with itx.
Is it basically the successor product to the one you are currently shipping with P-ATX? Do you consider switching to the new one anytime soon? Or at least offer it as an option?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Is it basically the successor product to the one you are currently shipping with P-ATX? Do you consider switching to the new one anytime soon? Or at least offer it as an option?

Not really since it is much larger than the riser I'm currently using (R33UL) and would impact the compatibility in a bad way. Also I guess it is 3-4x more expensive. I am waiting for the option that is not physically larger, I that would be something using cables similar to ones in new loque riser.

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
Not really since it is much larger than the riser I'm currently using (R33UL) and would impact the compatibility in a bad way. Also I guess it is 3-4x more expensive. I am waiting for the option that is not physically larger, I that would be something using cables similar to ones in new loque riser.
I see, sounds sensible. I think I can afford to wait a little longer as graphics card prices don’t look like they are dropping to a reasonable level anytime soon. ;)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I see, sounds sensible. I think I can afford to wait a little longer as graphics card prices don’t look like they are dropping to a reasonable level anytime soon. ;)

You don't actually need gen4 riser, there is no performance difference vs gen3 and won't be for at least two more generations so don't worry. And riser is something that can always be replaced later.

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
I'm not worried about performance. I'd just rather not have to set the PCIe speed to 3.0 in the BIOS in order for the system to work. After all, BIOS settings can get lost sometimes (e.g. through a BIOS update, an accidental BIOS settings reset or whatever), and I'd like to avoid having to disassemble the system and put the graphics card directly into the slot on the motherboard in order to set the setting to 3.0 again on such an occasion.

Or should the system automatically fall back to 3.0 mode if it notices that 4.0 mode doesn't work reliably, with no need to adjust BIOS settings?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm not worried about performance. I'd just rather not have to set the PCIe speed to 3.0 in the BIOS in order for the system to work. After all, BIOS settings can get lost sometimes (e.g. through a BIOS update, an accidental BIOS settings reset or whatever), and I'd like to avoid having to disassemble the system and put the graphics card directly into the slot on the motherboard in order to set the setting to 3.0 again on such an occasion.

Or should the system automatically fall back to 3.0 mode if it notices that 4.0 mode doesn't work reliably, with no need to adjust BIOS settings?

Ok I get that. In that case the best thing you can do is get some old used low end gpu and use it to update bios. I have a spare rx460, but you can get something like gt710 or even older. It will also probably be cheaper than gen4 riser, and you will have backup for troubleshooting or if you have to RMA your main gpu.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ok I get that. In that case the best thing you can do is get some old used low end gpu and use it to update bios. I have a spare rx460, but you can get something like gt710 or even older. It will also probably be cheaper than gen4 riser, and you will have backup for troubleshooting or if you have to RMA your main gpu.
You can even consider new Nvidia GT1010...it should be PCIe Gen 3..:)

Reactions: riba2233

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
But all of this will still require me to unplug everything, retrieve the case from behind my display, open it, and disconnect the riser cable. Quite annoying, so I’d like to avoid it if possible.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
But all of this will still require me to unplug everything, retrieve the case from behind my display, open it, and disconnect the riser cable. Quite annoying, so I’d like to avoid it if possible.

I understand, but that is the way it is now unfortunately. They forced gen4 gpu's for some stupid competition in marketing so we have to work around it. But I don't think bios resets or updates are that common and shouldn't really happen unless you are tinkering with your oc often, which you are probably not if you keep your pc behind your display.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I am fine not having gen 4 pcie riser , but I do wish I dont have to do anything to the bios and just have it ready

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I know, but in real world usage scenario you will probably only have to do it once.
yes & no...don't forget you need to do the full process each time you update bios.
For AM4 users, it could be very difficult to resist to newer Agesa, especially with add. feature like Smart Access Memory to Nvidia GPU..:D

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
yes & no...don't forget you need to do the full process each time you update bios.
For AM4 users, it could be very difficult to resist to newer Agesa, especially with add. feature like Smart Access Memory to Nvidia GPU..:D

I know, but lets be real, not counting us hardcore HW enthusiast how often do people flash bios? Do they even know that new AGESA came out? They probably don't care. Even I didn't bother to update my bios from agesa 1004AB, everything works fine, memory tuning is fine, edc bug works fine, so I didn't bother.

Reactions: DrHudacris

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I know, but lets be real, not counting us hardcore HW enthusiast how often do people flash bios? Do they even know that new AGESA came out? They probably don't care. Even I didn't bother to update my bios from agesa 1004AB, everything works fine, memory tuning is fine, edc bug works fine, so I didn't bother.
lol true I'm not representative user, especially when I tried to get max OC from my R7 1700X or 3800X lol..:) (external CMOS button is mandatory for me..:))