Motherboard SFF Threadripper motherboard petition thread

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah that's true, I was just thinking of the 16-core chips.

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Yea, I intentionally excluded the use of music and transitions timed to a beat since everyone's tastes are different. I even kept it at 30 seconds to ensure that it wasn't too long and boring.

Can't please everyone though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Perhaps they are just bummed that it isn't real.
You have to realize that not all people like sff, and when they found your video through searched they disliked it ( this isn't what I wanted to see, damn clickbait!).

Mar 6, 2017
As much fun as it is to dream about, does a crowdfunding campaign for 3000+ boards actually seem realistic to anyone?

People will crowdfund campaigns for a cross between a tinfoil hat and a beanie.

$1100+ for the CPU and mobo alone.

I'd pay that for just the mobo. Granted, I probably need a mental health checkup.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Why not? Even at 180W TDP the Noctua C14S could easily handle that chip if they make mounting brackets (really I could just design some if they won't) and a 140mm AIO could as well.

Reactions: Phuncz

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I wonder what would it take to design the base/interface of a heatsink that orients in 90° increments for a ILM design decision like threadripper ._.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I wonder what would it take to design the base/interface of a heatsink that orients in 90° increments for a ILM design decision like threadripper ._.

For something like the C14S two sets of mounting bars would be the easiest.

replace it with the 3rd gen TR4 later.

I've have a '98 and it's been great, very reliable and gas mileage isn't actually... oh TR4, not T4R :p

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Oh wait they are already square at the sink. Not sure why I remembered them actually being rectangle ,_, doh

Reactions: Acalanata

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ryzen doesn't really have any bugs that are more serious than what Intel has released in the past five years, except for the Atom C bug. So I don't see why ThreadRipper would have "bugs", plural. The Ryzen platform was rushed out the door but it seems EPYC and ThreadRipper are being seriously tested, given that there area already servers featuring EPYC from the big brands.

Reactions: Biowarejak

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
Ryzen doesn't really have any bugs that are more serious than what Intel has released in the past five years, except for the Atom C bug. So I don't see why ThreadRipper would have "bugs", plural. The Ryzen platform was rushed out the door but it seems EPYC and ThreadRipper are being seriously tested, given that there area already servers featuring EPYC from the big brands.
i guess you are right~