Concept SFF Case (15-20L) that fits mATX boards & ATX PSUs

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Just done a couple quick renders. Please let me know which shape you prefer.
Dimensions: 380x280x185mm, 19.7L.
1) Boxy mesh - a bit common?
2) Rounded corners (with similar mesh panels) - more unique, but probably higher cost

mesh-case v7.png Modular Case 1 - Body Template v17.png

Lets have your feedback on this :
Please vote where you want to the radiator to be located:

1) top of the case (taller/bigger case)

nr200pmax-radiator.jpg
2) side of the case (similar to NR200) (shorter/smaller case, but radiator covers the side view)

nr200-radiator.jpg

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
My 2 cents:
  • Rounded corners - the boxy mesh is kinda too-close to Meshlicious/Meshroom
  • Top-mount radiator - at 19.7L should have enough volume to cover aesthetics

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
My 2 cents:
  • Rounded corners - the boxy mesh is kinda too-close to Meshlicious/Meshroom
  • Top-mount radiator - at 19.7L should have enough volume to cover aesthetics
What kind of price range do you accept for rounded corner style? I fear that will be close to T1 price at least... Seems NR200 is really killing it with its price...

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Just done a couple quick renders. Please let me know which shape you prefer.
Dimensions: 380x280x185mm, 19.7L.
1) Boxy mesh - a bit common?
2) Rounded corners (with similar mesh panels) - more unique, but probably higher cost

View attachment 2040 View attachment 2046

Lets have your feedback on this :
Please vote where you want to the radiator to be located:

1) top of the case (taller/bigger case)

View attachment 2045
2) side of the case (similar to NR200) (shorter/smaller case, but radiator covers the side view)

View attachment 2044
The first one is definitely way too close to the ssupd Meshroom D leak so yeah would prefer something more unique in that regard.

Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Meshed metal sheets are pretty standard raw material and is a relatively cheap way of making panels. This provides good airflow without filters (saves cost for those slide-in frames of the filters). Maybe one disadvantage is that it is relatively weak structurally (if made thin) and that's why you see the panels folded at the edges to provide more strength. But the face of the panel can be easily dented or bent.

But most importantly, this coincidently seems to be the flavor of the day in terms of styling.😉

mesh sheet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
What kind of price range do you accept for rounded corner style? I fear that will be close to T1 price at least... Seems NR200 is really killing it with its price...
personally I'm okay with T1 prices - fully aware that I'm the minority here and yes NR200 pricing is really killer. of the 2 basic strategy, since you can't compete in price anyway, I'd go for differentiation and use that to justify the price premium.

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
How about the ability to mount rads in top AND bottom? I mean, let's say I wanna waterblock my GPU (I do) that would significantly increase the area that I have to play with. For those that have those monster heatsinks with fans, it's not an issue, but with a waterblock that's reducing fans so the ability to mount fans or a rad with fans in the bottom as well as top would be ideal.

And I agree with @thelaughingman I'm okay with a higher price, especially if I can get aluminum construction/panels.

Another Idea is a back panel that has two different plates: one for mounting a GPU Vertically and one that you can mount a GPU horizontally. Just a thought.

sffaddiction

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2020
What about a taller meshilicious that can support 360aio and the longest 4090s? I feel like there are too many choices in the traditional layout design with the upcoming Dancase C4, Lian Li A3-Matx and meshroom d.

Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
What about a taller meshilicious that can support 360aio and the longest 4090s? I feel like there are too many choices in the traditional layout design with the upcoming Dancase C4, Lian Li A3-Matx and meshroom d.
longest 4090 is about 370mm (Asus ones). For 360mm AIO, radiator length is about 360+35 ~395mm, and will probably need case length of 410mm (leaving room at both ends). This kind of length will only look nicer in vertical layout. But we have earlier comments that vertical case is not preferable as all connectors are hard to reach, all hidden at the bottom of the case. Note: it is also based on earlier decision that no riser cables will be used, so motherboard IO will all be at the bottom in a vertical layout....

Malicious motherboard IO can face the rear end because it uses a riser cable.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
How about the ability to mount rads in top AND bottom?
Double radiator (top and bottom) is ALREADY supported by Steck case (with double top hat). You may want to look at that. I think it is more appropriate to offer this kind of feature in a expandable case like Steck, as demand for double radiator is super niche, and common users will want to look for a smaller case instead.

I will see if optional sandwich mount can accommodate double rad. But at close to 20L (>20L is not SFF but mid tower category). I will try not to increase the volume more.

Another Idea is a back panel that has two different plates: one for mounting a GPU Vertically and one that you can mount a GPU horizontally. Just a thought.
Will try to accommodate this as an option. Traditional mounting is the main focus though, as many are finding riser cable costs too high, as well as quality/stability issue.

Last edited:

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
personally I'm okay with T1 prices - fully aware that I'm the minority here and yes NR200 pricing is really killer. of the 2 basic strategy, since you can't compete in price anyway, I'd go for differentiation and use that to justify the price premium.
Personally I'm happy with something in-between. I deffo skipped buying the Meshi PCI 4 because of nearly 200 Euro vs. "I have to replace the riser anyway" PCI 3 which was available on sale for 105 Euro (but originally was at 125). I'd consider something like the a4 h2o with the PCIe 4 riser as the maximum I would be willing to pay (ie. roughly 160 Euro plus shipping). But then, that one is easily available to the European market.

But If I have to add a hefty import toll on top of a hefty shipping cost, which may add up to 200% to the overall cost, its less painful to just use or modify a different case.

cu, w0lf.

Last edited: