Motherboard Mini-DTX petition thread!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Dual GPU, single GPU (single or dual slot) + another PCIe card (sound card, acquisition, raid, 10GBe, PCIe SSD, Tesla for Cuda, audio or video streaming, etc.), Possibilities are only limited by imagination.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Just to be clear, this board would allow for 2 x GPUs with single slot water coolers in an SFF format, correct? Alternatively a standard double slot GPU as well as a single slot PCIe card (ie. capture, sound, etc)?

Lets put it like this:

NCASE M1 has three slots: put a quad M.2 adapter for quad nvme that is wired to 8x lanes for blazing fast raid array used in storage intensive workloads. Put your dual slot GPU in second slot. You've got yourself awesome video editing workstation.

Put a cheap single slot radeon instead of that nvme adapter and you can run display output for a freesync TV while still rendering it on a geforce with high end CPU (you won't need Ryzen 5 2400G to do this anymore).

Console style/horizontal layout: put your dual slot GPU on the second slot with a single PCB riser. Put 2x M.2 adapter in the first slot. You've got yourself additional nvme storage in this cramped space where usually you have only one on the ITX board.

Make this (thing below) even smaller/more streamlined because of smaller board/no bifurcation riser:

Standard dual slot case: Single slot card + streaming adapter/whatever else you would want in other slot. You can have single slot or water cooled card + second card you need like quad nvme mentioned before or simply other adapters you might need, 10 GB ethernet, professional DAC adapter etc.

And here come the water cooled SLI setups which I believe would be perfect for boutique system builders if they were to make whole lineups of those PCs. If you don't want SLI you could still have the card and nvme array with water blocks in closed loop.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
If there is going to be a petition for new DTX boards, I suggest we start with ASRock, I would love to see ASRock do an Enthusiast DTX board.

@ASRock System

Similar to the ASUS DTX Impact, but a few key changes:

Ditch the oversized DAC
Ditch the MASSIVE DIMM.2 AIC

Make sure it has Thunderbolt 3

First / top slot is a PCIe 4.0 x4 slot
This is for a PCIe 4.0 x4 NVME SSD AIC (add-in-card)

Second / bottom slot is a PCIe 4.0 x16 slot
This is for a Navi GPU (do you know of any other PCIe 4.0 capable GPUs?)

And 70amp / 8+2 phase VRMs, please...!

Last edited:

1s44c

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
more phases. the asus has a 8+2, and then all the atx boards have ~16ish phases. i want more than 8 phases no doublers on itx again -- like the z170 impact

Reactions: owliwar