[Scratch Build] It's finally done! Custom case, custom watercooling, custom cables, custom everythin

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Looks awesome! How does it perform?

Well, as you'd expect from an i5 and a gtx 970. pretty much everything maxed out 1080p 60fps. temps are a bit high for a watercooled system, with the cpu and gpu at maximums of ~60 C, but still ok.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That is one beautiful build, I just love parallel configurations for cooling CPU and GPU, but the way you implemented it, it looks even better. A little like a minimalist ripcage, very unique. I also like that you didn't go for coloured coolant. The combination of transparent panels and tubes, black parts and a few silver accents looks extremely eye-catching and understated at the same time. Well done!

Reactions: Soul_Est

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
That is one beautiful build, I just love parallel configurations for cooling CPU and GPU, but the way you implemented it, it looks even better. A little like a minimalist ripcage, very unique. I also like that you didn't go for coloured coolant. The combination of transparent panels and tubes, black parts and a few silver accents looks extremely eye-catching and understated at the same time. Well done!
Thanks for the nice words! Funnily enough many redditors suggested adding color to the coolant or rgb lighting...
Some people...

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

KDaddy

Cable Smoosher
Jun 22, 2017
Awesome project man its almost the perfect layout and aesthetic. Would you be okay with me playing around with a similar layout and construction style? I know this is weird but i wouldnt want anyone being upset with me or my build ahah :)