Completed Scratch Build: Custom D5 Loop ~12L

CPeck93

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 2, 2020
Hello again!

it’s been a while. Since last post, I’ve bought all the components.

circumstances dictated that I needed to geteverything setup quickly, so for the moment we have an Air Minnow. The only real wrinkle that presented was the positively massive stockcooler for the 3900x. I printed a temporary split side panel to accommodate the aptly named spire.

I also decided to just have the two top fans pull air through the empty rad as opposed tohaving a big hole at the top.

looking towards the future, some near termupgrades that probably don’t warrant anupdate are a fan header splitter to get the bottom case fan running, since the spire is currently occupying the header on the board that was meant for it. I’m also currently daisy chaining 2 200mm riser cables since one turned out to be too short. I have a 300mm one on the way.

However, the next post I make will hopefully be the final one as I move the minnow over to its rightful state of a custom loop

Pics

CPeck93

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 2, 2020
ITS FINALLY DONE!!!

Plumbing went really smoothly, all the fittings and tubing runs cleared just the way they were supposed to. While I waited for an rgb splitter, I’ve been running it pretty consistently and no leaks at all!

It runs pretty darn quiet for it’s size and it definitely chucks some hot air out of the top while gaming.

All and all I’m thrilled with it!

Pics