Concept Custom 9Liter Water cooled ITX setup

Would you think this case is a good idea?

• Total voters

CrabNipples

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Hello,

First of all, I'm very new to this forum so hi there!
I've build several PC's and have been tinkering with a neat small ITX build focused on a water cooled loop.

So i launched SketchUp (i'm not very good with it) and started importing some models i could find and place them to my liking.
I quickly figured out that doing a full loop placing the resevoir and pump was a pain. There's not alot of space and i wanted to make the case as small as posible.
So i figured i went with a CPU heatsink / pump combo. Then there was the resevoir and tubing. Eventually i figured perhaps milling out a custom build res might be an option and saw some room on the 2nd GPU slot. Most GPU's are 2 slots but with a Waterblock on it the 2nd slot space is not utilized.
Then Designing the resevoir i've found it easier to make the coolant go from CPU pump to GPU through the res, from the GPU to the Radiator, from the radiator into the Resevoir and from the resevoir into the CPU pump.

As a refference i've taken the following parts:
GTX 1080 Ti at 298mm with waterblock on it.
a general ITX motherboard
PSU : SF600 SFX
M.2 1TB drive directly on motherboard.
Apogee Drive II CPU block / pump
Custom designed Resevoir (Resevoir compartment is roughly 500ml)
General fittings from bitspower
16mm Rigid tubin

Things i would like to include:
-Dust filters and vented side's/top (magnetic perhaps)

Things i still need to do:
-Fine tune the placing of components to leave room for
1. Cable management
2. Perhaps a 2.5" SSD
-Map out Cables (including PSU power relocation)
-Design mouting brackets/plates for all components
-Design Case (including the front and power on switch)

I hope to hear your toughts on the layout and if it is feasable!
Any suggestions and toughts are welcome.

Kind regards,

Crabz

Below are 2 photo's the rest is in a Imgur album : Concept 9L ITX Case

Reactions: jayveeao

CrabNipples

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Nice, but the radiator will have better temps if it's placed on top

I've placed it on the bottom on purpose with the thought it could suck cool air from a vented bottom and blow it through the case to a vented top. Because warm air naturally travels upward. I realized this heats up the inside of the case a little bit so putting it at the top kight actually be better.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I've placed it on the bottom on purpose with the thought it could suck cool air from a vented bottom and blow it through the case to a vented top. Because warm air naturally travels upward. I realized this heats up the inside of the case a little bit so putting it at the top kight actually be better.

Warm air moving upwards is insignificant when considering forced convection (fans).

You can ignore that effect when designing the chassis.

Reactions: Shatrod and Sashby