[Scratch Build] It's finally done! Custom case, custom watercooling, custom cables, custom everythin

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Have you thought about using cable to relocate the wifi antennas?

I'll see how the reception is where they are. If that doesn't work i'll probably go wired with powerline adapters. I don't like the look of an external antenna and hiding it would probably be pretty hard...

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Is there a slot for the cables to exit for cable management, or do they just snake under the feet?

As for wifi, I'm not sure how noticeable they might be with all the clear plexi, but you could try getting some laptop internal wifi antennas off amazon or something. Those just stick to the inside of the case somewhere

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Hi there, just a small update to what is going on at the moment.

I have made another cardboard prototype and i ordered all the parts to test if everything fits. Right now i just have the radiator and psu installed though, i'm still waiting for everything else. God damn those slovenian national holidays.

Because my posts get rather lengthy when i include pictures, i'll just link to the prototype V2 album in imgur this time instead.

I have sent out the cad files for manufacturing as well, and i am now waiting on an offer for my metal panels. The acrylic parts should be here next week (a big thanks to @QinX ), as well as the watercooling parts I'm waiting on. I'll test the loop with barbs and soft tubes first, wich means that i have to order hardline fittings as well as the stuff for custom cables next. And when the loop and cables are done, the build should (in theory) be finished! wish me luck...

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Very nice cardboard prototype!

Are you going to have an additional cover over the front panel to hide the Noctua fans?

I've got the Corsair SF450 and the cables are pretty stiff... I'm looking to trim them up here in a bit to help deal with clutter.

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Are you going to have an additional cover over the front panel to hide the Noctua fans?

Look at the other update posts here, everything will be watercooled so the noctua fans won't be there anyways

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Amazing result ! Especially the rear, it looks awesome. Don't ruin it by skipping cable management !

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, i have been pretty busy with finals and everything, but here's a quick update of everything that has been going on in the last month or so.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Thanks for the update ! It's looking good that you went the extra mile for the finishing touches, this will be an amazing build !

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Well done @Simwalh ! The effort you put in really shows. For the 24-pin, I would recommend running different lengths for each individual or pair of wires to ensure that it fits exactly how you want it to.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That's some fancy cable work. That's gonna be one sweet build to look at once you sort out the problems with the PETG bending.

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Well done @Simwalh ! The effort you put in really shows. For the 24-pin, I would recommend running different lengths for each individual or pair of wires to ensure that it fits exactly how you want it to.
Thanks! In fact, that is what i did, but it seems it's not quite right yet.. But anyways, it needs to be redone because of the pump sitting too high. I don't know how i'm going to do it but i'll figure something out.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Simwalh

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
It's done! This is the final update. The PC is assembled and has been running great for the past two weeks. As always i compiled a small Imgur album that should cover everything.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions, helped, asked questions etc, you influenced the case design to what it is now.
Big thanks to @iFreilicht for his suggestions that changed the look dramatically to what it is now and also a big thanks to @QinX who manufactured the acrylic panels for me.

If there is anything left you'd like to know, just ask

Last edited: