Production REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | industrial style case with 180mm fan and rad support

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | SFF mini-ITX DIY Case

a unique industrial style case with focus on good thermals and low noise

pre-orders and more info: revoccases.com

Specs:

• Dimensions: 296x197x197mm // 11,5 liter , vertical or horizontal orientation
  • CPU cooler clearance: <=106mm with SFX PSU / <=165mm with plug-in DC-DC PSU
  • Graphics Card support: dual slot ITX-size, length <=192mm (e.g. PowerColor Radeon RX 5600XT ITX, GIGABYTE/MSI RTX2070 ITX)
  • Motherboard support: mini-ITX
  • Power Supply support: SFX (or SFX-L), picoPSU (ATX plug-in power supply)
  • Chassis Fan support: up to two 180mm fans (SILVERSTONE AP181, AP182, AP183) or up to two 200mm fans (external mounted to the case)
  • Radiator support: up to two 180mm or two 200mm rads (external mounted), optional 120mm AIO support
  • “Front” USB: cutout at the back (buy your own)
  • Power Button: ø16mm cutout at the front (buy your own)
  • Material: 2mm Aluminum (black anodized or bare metal)
Optional accessories: 140mm fan and rad brackets, finger guards, SFX to MEANWELL PSU bracket

This case offers some great opportunities for creative ideas to build a silent or completely water cooled PC. You could even put a handle on if you'd like to make it portable.

Last edited:

The-Alchemist-404

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2019
Not sure about the airflow situation, the GPU might block most of the air coming from the bottom and the power supply positioning worries me a little of choking the CPU with a cooler at max heigth aside from that, cool concept, definitely we need more smaller budget cases

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Swapping the GPU may work well, then just use a extender for HDMI/dvi on a one slot or two.

How tall are common flex power supplies? I noticed sfftec has a nice custom ones, but limited to a June batch.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Not sure about the airflow situation, the GPU might block most of the air coming from the bottom and the power supply positioning worries me a little of choking the CPU with a cooler at max heigth aside from that, cool concept, definitely we need more smaller budget cases

You can´t see this from the drawings but there is still plenty of space for air flowing around the GPU. Just imagine something like the Lazer3D LZ7 but with better airflow, a bit larger and cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Alchemist-404

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Swapping the GPU may work well, then just use a extender for HDMI/dvi on a one slot or two.

How tall are common flex power supplies? I noticed sfftec has a nice custom ones, but limited to a June batch.

Sorry, but no riser cables on this design... ;) And if I swap the GPU without riser cables/sandwich style I would just get another "shoebox" case.

Well, on my last draft people complained about the FLEX PSU because these are difficult to source and expensive. So I dropped this idea, increased the size by 2 liters and added SFX PSU support. On the bright side, now added rad support and 2 x 180mm fans. :)

Certainly need to make some compromises here and there... :cool:

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I did a quick non-comprehensive search and it seems only Silverstone makes 180mm fans (plus some other non brand names as well, which might be difficult to buy). However, Noctua (NF-A20) and Cooler Master (MF200R) both have 200mm fans.
So, if you can increase the size (if necessary) to accommodate 200mm fans, then owners of this case will have more options to choose the fans. Reasonable suggestion?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Yeah I know, there are not that many 180mm fan options but I don't want to make the footprint of the case any bigger. However I'm now working on the 140mm rad support and adding 140mm fan compatibility.

Reactions: The-Alchemist-404

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Well, adding the 140mm radiator support is more difficult then I expected if I want to keep my focus on providing a simple low cost case. Also the original design was mainly focused on air cooling.

So how about going all in with 180mm rad support as oOflyeyesOo suggested in the first place? Like that I can stick to the original plan but liquid cooling lovers can still build some serious sci-fi looking "cooler-blaster" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: jØrd

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Well, adding the 140mm radiator support is more difficult then I expected if I want to keep my focus on providing a simple low cost case. Also the original design was mainly focused on air cooling.

So how about going all in with 180mm rad support as oOflyeyesOo suggested in the first place? Like that I can stick to the original plan but liquid cooling lovers can still build some serious sci-fi looking "cooler-blaster" (you know, ref. to ghetto-blaster) ?

This one looks sick...It could be Darth Vader's new breathe ventilator as far as sci-fi is concerned.?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Tubes going through the back?

Correct. Same side as the motherboard I/Os. I can make some cutouts there for the tubes. When using air cooling only, the cutouts will be covered by the fans.

Would you sign up for beta testing? To be honest I have no experience with water cooling... ;)

Last edited: