Log RCC-eGPU2 | a tiny portable 0.6L Thunderbolt GTX 1650 eGPU

antoniopop123

Efficiency Noob
Jun 21, 2021
I edited my post but I think I understand what you are trying and it does work in other scenarios (ITX with one psu for board + 2nd psu for card 8pins)
Kind of expensive just for a test but definitely worth it if it works. It could enable some extremely small external psu builds with the slimq gan charger.

FlexxRocket

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2023
I tried to Build my own mini eGPU But it doesnt get detected as gpu only as Media Drive i connected the pcie to m.2 to TB3 Adapter and the Card Makes noises. So Could you help me here?maybe in bios?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I am using this realtek RTL9210B i bought from aliexpress and i connected it to 2021 Hp spectre x360 with Intel Iris xe and i71155g7 (13,3 Inch)

That doesn't work. You need a real Thunderbolt (40Gbps) compatible M.2 adapter/ SSD enclosure. They usually sell for around 100 bucks.

For example:

Ego_Mors_Sum

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 24, 2023
I've been looking for quite a while now, and I haven't been able to find a generic TB4 compatible m.2 adapter anywhere. Do you know where I can find the module and maybe not a fully enclosed adapter (like the original project on here)?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I've been looking for quite a while now, and I haven't been able to find a generic TB4 compatible m.2 adapter anywhere. Do you know where I can find the module and maybe not a fully enclosed adapter (like the original project on here)?

you need to look for Thunderbolt 3 / 40Gbps M.2 SSD enclosures, not for the bare module...

here are some examples that should work:

SABRENT SSD M.2 Enclosure, Thunderbolt 3 SSD Docking Station USB C Aluminium External M2 NVMe Adapter, Tool-free, with Cooling Pad, Supports 2242, 2260, 2280, Thunderbolt Cable Included: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

OWC Envoy Express Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD drive enclosure Black: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

note: USB3, 10Gbps, 20Gbps adapters won't work

also take care with the newer Thunderbolt 4 / USB 4.0 adapters ... they have an additional controller (e.g. JMS583) to switch between USB / Thunderbolt for backwards compatibility and in my tests they didn't work or would cause issues

1700942883819.png

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I also posted something in the trade section today... ;)

Reactions: SFFMunkee