Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
Of course individuals can decide for themselves what to do.
Are you waiting for a unit as well yourself?
For now, yes. Though I've been actively debating doing a chargeback, because as I said, the longer this goes on, the better the odds of losing everything. I'd say about 50/50 on the company folding at this point.
i do not understand why anyone would seriously call out densium as a potential scam. the densium 4 cases obviously were no scams and the reasons for the delay of the apu case all seem coherent to me.
The last communication we've gotten from Densium was January 29th, claiming it would take ~4 more weeks for cases to start shipping. It's now 3 months later, and still no word. There is no legitimate excuse for this lack of communication from a healthy business.
everything beyond that however, feels like entitled customers creating drama that can have really bad financial consequences for the people that are financially involved and can't simply cancel their order
Why can't you simply cancel your order? This is a great example of what a credit card chargeback is for. And as I said above, if Densium expects patience and understanding, they need to communicate. If they can't be bothered to care about their customers, then why should those same customers care about them?

Francoise

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 26, 2023
Why can't you simply cancel your order? This is a great example of what a credit card chargeback is for. And as I said above, if Densium expects patience and understanding, they need to communicate. If they can't be bothered to care about their customers, then why should those same customers care about them?
I think it's totally acceptable to cancel the order and i wrote that in the post that you quoted. That the reason for the communication problems is the company not caring about their costumers is speculation. I don't know the reason obviously, but as i said, in my opinion it's entitled behavior to throw a fit because of the communication.

Reactions: Overtek

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
I think it's totally acceptable to cancel the order and i wrote that in the post that you quoted. That the reason for the communication problems is the company not caring about their costumers is speculation. I don't know the reason obviously, but as i said, in my opinion it's entitled behavior to throw a fit because of the communication.
You took great offense at my suggestion that people should issue a chargeback. Why?

And this is a business we're talking about. You can't take people's money, say you're going to get them their product in a few weeks, and then go completely silent for months. It's not "entitled" to expect the bare minimum. And as I said, this is exactly the behavior you see from scams and companies about to collapse. So what reason do we have to believe that's not the case here?

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Hello All,
I've been following the recent comments and understand some of you who feel dismay at the late shipment and lack of communication from Audun. I am a loyal customer having purchased 3 different cases from Densium on separate occasions. In my opinion Audun is an honorable man and will fulfill his commitments to you his customers as soon as he can. He has been dealing with delays from the manufacturer of the case as well as the shipper. If you are patient, you will get an extremely beautiful, well-made case that is well thought out and easy to build in. I believe they will be in your hands soon based on the comments from Jon at Overtek, as I have had excellent service and trust in him as well. Please give him a little more time and I know you will be a happy and satisfied customer as well.

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I've been big advocate of Densium cases and communication with Audun is past has been steady. Sadly, I have also had no communications since late December 2022, granted I'm not an APU case customer, but have been following the project since day one. I have no problems with delays, but communication blackout is not acceptable and is also brand damaging. I just don't understand it and hope everyone gets there Densium APU's.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I've been big advocate of Densium cases and communication with Audun is past has been steady. Sadly, I have also had no communications since late December 2022, granted I'm not an APU case customer, but have been following the project since day one. I have no problems with delays, but communication blackout is not acceptable and is also brand damaging. I just don't understand it and hope everyone gets there Densium APU's.
I agree with you,

I've had a contact text back from him today and hopefully will catch him this evening to talk. I will look to of course give him a serious rattle

These have been a nightmare and I will look to find out what's happening with all your direct open APU orders.

We, "Overtek" have had our own issue with APU stock, our stock has been in the UK for 2 weeks. but a UPS cock up, by the sounds of it, with custom clearance submission caused a lot of delays.

That has now been resolved, thanks in part by a contact provided by one of our customers, you know who your are if your reading this, who'd been through the mill in a similar way. So FINALLY we'll see stock arrive on Tuesday next week and can fulfill our outstanding orders.

Will post some pictures next week, so long as UPS haven't played football with them!!! That would probably finish me off.......

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I agree with you,

I've had a contact text back from him today and hopefully will catch him this evening to talk. I will look to of course give him a serious rattle

These have been a nightmare and I will look to find out what's happening with all your direct open APU orders.

We, "Overtek" have had our own issue with APU stock, our stock has been in the UK for 2 weeks. but a UPS cock up, by the sounds of it, with custom clearance submission caused a lot of delays.

That has now been resolved, thanks in part by a contact provided by one of our customers, you know who your are if your reading this, who'd been through the mill in a similar way. So FINALLY we'll see stock arrive on Tuesday next week and can fulfill our outstanding orders.

Will post some pictures next week, so long as UPS haven't played football with them!!! That would probably finish me off.......
Thanks for looking out for us. I hope all goes well with your shipment moving forward. I'm looking forward to seeing some shots of the cases. The case design looks great. I'd of loved to have grabbed one myself, if situations had been different. I'm looking forward to lunch all the same.

EugShk

Efficiency Noob
Feb 20, 2022
I agree with you,

Heya!

This gives me a glimpse of hope, that he didn't abandon the cases manufacturing and will keep working/releaseing this or newer versions of it. Do you think we can hope for it? (Was thinking about ordering Densium+ V2 from your website. (It's on prreorder so I don't know how soon I can get the case).

P.S.
I remember Densium was selling a pretective leather bag for the case. Do you think you might have them in stock in the future too?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Not managed to have a chat yet, due to his other work commitments and me being to busy with family over this long bank holiday Monday / corrination weekend . Will get there..... Everything just crossed for tomorrow now!!

UPS just need to deliver in 1 piece after having them on their internal cockups merrigoround for a couple of weeks.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
So all be it late in the day here we are after being a few weeks extra holiday in the UK thanks to UPS internal cockup.

I've taken the liberty of posting a few images here to help understand the construction and engineering. Its a feat of very tight tolerance engineering and design. Now I've very quickly done this with no input from Densium. I'm sure one of us will get to a proper video at somepoint......

As you'll see from the images the front panel is magnetic. The magnets have holes in the centre and are then screwed into the front panel, Densium 4/4+ V2 owners will be familar with the design and location layout as it follows a similar design patern. The screw heads themselves locate tightly into respective holes for position on the central carcass with the magnet providing the hold and correct gapping between central carcass and surrounding housing.

The unit comes with 2 plastic type plates for choice of PSU one for Flex ATX type one for others. The central carcass must be withdrawn and the chosen one slide into its space.

Usual accessories front panel button, USB connector etc.

APU1.jpg APU2.jpg APU4.jpg APU5.jpg APU6.jpg APU7.jpg APU8.jpg APU9.jpg APU10.jpg APU11.jpg

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
So all be it late in the day here we are after being a few weeks extra holiday in the UK thanks to UPS internal cockup.

I've taken the liberty of posting a few images here to help understand the construction and engineering. Its a feat of very tight tolerance engineering and design. Now I've very quickly done this with no input from Densium. I'm sure one of us will get to a proper video at somepoint......

As you'll see from the images the front panel is magnetic. The magnets have holes in the centre and are then screwed into the front panel, Densium 4/4+ V2 owners will be familar with the design and location layout as it follows a similar design patern. The screw heads themselves locate tightly into respective holes for position on the central carcass with the magnet providing the hold and correct gapping between central carcass and surrounding housing.

The unit comes with 2 plastic type plates for choice of PSU one for Flex ATX type one for others. The central carcass must be withdrawn and the chosen one slide into its space.

View attachment 2516 View attachment 2517 View attachment 2518 View attachment 2519 View attachment 2520 View attachment 2521 View attachment 2522 View attachment 2523 View attachment 2524 View attachment 2525
Great to see, thanks @Otamot for keeping everyone in the loop with the situation!

Reactions: Overtek

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com

View attachment 2516 View attachment 2517 View attachment 2518 View attachment 2519 View attachment 2520 View attachment 2521 View attachment 2522 View attachment 2523 View attachment 2524 View attachment 2525
Very nice. I'll keep an eye out for video 👀

Dampfbox

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
I've taken the liberty of posting a few images here to help understand the construction and engineering. Its a feat of very tight tolerance engineering and design.
Thanks for your effort, I think the case looks absolutely stunning 😍

Hopefully a real/trustworthy company will do a clone of that design some day.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Heya!

This gives me a glimpse of hope, that he didn't abandon the cases manufacturing and will keep working/releaseing this or newer versions of it. Do you think we can hope for it? (Was thinking about ordering Densium+ V2 from your website. (It's on prreorder so I don't know how soon I can get the case).

P.S.
I remember Densium was selling a pretective leather bag for the case. Do you think you might have them in stock in the future too?
Hi Excuse the slow reply, yes they've not been abandoned. New D4+ production is being prepared, we have a stock commitment against it. We don't yet have a confirmed timescale. We've a very optimistic lead time form the contract manufacturer, based on their past form its been taken very cautiously. That said Covid is done and Chinese New Year has passed. So there's 2 things that won't hit this. Will update as soon as we can with an ETA next week.

Last edited:

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
Just got my APU in the mail today (courtesy of @Otamot) and I have to say that it was worth the wait. It’s a stunning case. It is extremely high quality and well-made.

The build was fairly simple once I figured it out, but as there are no assembly videos out there yet for the APU, and there are no instructions included, I was guessing with a lot of the screws. Just a note to future buyers.

Pictures

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
New update in the main thread!
Thanks, I can finally put my poking stick 👉👉👉 back in its box now lol

I guess main thread means OP on page 1. Rarely do I scroll back to page 1, so if like me you don't, here's the update from Densium that's on page 1. But if pics are your thing pop back to page 1

------------------------------------------
16.05.2023 update:

Hello everyone! I suppose by now "everyone" has heard about the updated website and article, if you haven't it can be found here.

I owe so many of you an apology, and I've tried to explain the circumstances the best I can without going into too much details. The TL;DR is that I had a rough start to 2023 and didn't handle it very well. It feels good to come clean and finally take responsibility as I have not done so for a while.

My first course of action will be to issue every due refund, and if you have an outstanding order which you do not want, just follow this link. I'm fully committed to do the right thing, my only regret being not doing it sooner.

I've been dying to come back here and talk to you guys, as I've missed it dearly.

Firstly I want to ask what you guys think about the new website? I'm certainly excited as I spent a lot of time learning to code and building it from the ground up. It might sound like it's harder to manage, but it's actually quite the opposite, and I'm excited by the endless possibilities it provides. Of course, as always I'm open for suggestions and if there are any features you'd like to see added, I'm more than happy to consider it. My plan is to automate as much as possible, so I'll spend less time managing orders and can spend more time developing new products and being active on the forums.

The second and last thing I want to do is update you all. I've had some difficulties getting new products in stock. At first due to factory lockdowns, and then because of my own inaction - But the future is looking brighter. The newly updated statuses can be found on the product page of each product.

I have some explaining to do, but I don't know where to begin, so please just ask in the comments if there is anything you need answered!

Regards,
Audun

Last edited: