Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Another question about Densium APU - Will it fit 2.5" HDD ?
if your using a hdplex GaN and doing a pure apu build you should be able to fit at least 1 maybe 2 depending on how you oriented them you might be able to screw them in otherwise double-side tape is your friend in this case (pun intended) but @Densium.net should be able to clarify (side note alternatively you can take apart your SSD if it is not more than a 5 years old unless you have a 1 TB + 1 they usually only takes up 1/3 the internal space of the 2.5 casing and wrap them in electrical tape) video as an example

1673888584285.png

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
So my guess would be March given CNY is coming in 10 days and China takes a whole month off.
called it. IMO Feb was always not realistic to begin with, the wait continues 😁

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Anyone else find out about this APU too late to preorder? I am very interested in this exact case layout for my next APU build after having run the S4Tiny several times. Looking for something a bit wider.
any idea when another round might be offered for preorder or open sale?

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Anyone else find out about this APU too late to preorder? I am very interested in this exact case layout for my next APU build after having run the S4Tiny several times. Looking for something a bit wider.
any idea when another round might be offered for preorder or open sale?
he hasn't said anything about that
yet so preorders should still be open but better ask the guy himself @Densium.net have preorders been closed yet for the apu case

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
he hasn't said anything about that
yet so preorders should still be open but better ask the guy himself @Densium.net have preorders been closed yet for the apu case
I contacted him through his website as well as through his reddit account where he posted his APU reveal. I would love to support innovators if I can and this case seems to be just what I have had in mind for a while now

Reactions: steelfractal

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
A quick update on the APUs, which have been beset with manufacturing delays for existing orders. These are completing assembly now, finally and are expected to start shipping out this weekend.

Missed the first batch? There will be another batch produced for APU, timescales to be advised.

If you cannot wait till whenever that maybe, we still have some stock from the 1st batch that due in that's not yet allocated. Click here 👉 Densium APU if you want to get your hands on one towards the back end of this month.

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
A quick update on the APUs, which have been beset with manufacturing delays for existing orders. These are completing assembly now, finally and are expected to start shipping out this weekend.

Missed the first batch? There will be another batch produced for APU, timescales to be advised.

If you cannot wait till whenever that maybe, we still have some stock from the 1st batch that due in that's not yet allocated. Click here 👉 Densium APU if you want to get your hands on one towards the back end of this month.
Thanks for the update! I’m in the USA and it looks like Overtek is primarily for the UK. I assume I shouldn’t order from Overtek then?

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
You can order from who ever you choose.

I don't know if Densium have any unsold from the batch completing now.
Unfortunately Overtek doesn’t ship to my address. You’re correct that Densium is sold out of the current batch. I’ll have to wait until stock is replenished.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Do you have Densium APU cases?
I will have although shipment is yet to be finalised despite looking like it should have been done and ready to ship at the end of last week, 3pcs left uncommited from our first APU stock shipment.

Last edited: